Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

An independent contractor is stiffed by ignorant newcomers, and his attempts to secure recompense for his services and make a respectable profit within the law are ultimately thwarted by his antagonists (and by attacking him with a dangerous animal).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Blackfyre posted:

What I lack in quality I will make up for in quantity.
Any Michael Bay movie. :v:

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
A police officer takes early retirement, and finds happiness on an aimless road trip with his wife and child

Blackfyre
Jul 8, 2012

I want wings.

Quote-Unquote posted:

a young boy, abandoned in the winter by criminally neglectful parents, causes severe bodily harm to two petty criminals as he doles out extrajudicial punishment.

Home Alone

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

The X-man cometh posted:

Mulholland Drive

Yay, well done

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Blackfyre posted:

Home Alone

yeah that one was too easy :)

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Blackfyre posted:

Man takes trip to the Big Apple has a terrible time so leaves when he can.

Feels like a bunch of movies could fit this description, but the one that immediately springs to mind is:
midnight cowboy

guns for tits
Dec 25, 2014

Blackfyre posted:

Indeed!

I'll try another easy one:

Man takes trip to the Big Apple has a terrible time so leaves when he can.

Escape from New York

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Bipolar caretaker hangs out with her drifter boyfriend, drugs the children under her care and psychologically manipulates their parents, causing them to question their sanity and lose their employment.

Blackfyre
Jul 8, 2012

I want wings.

Doc Friday posted:

Escape from New York

We have a winner!

Sulphuric Asshole
Apr 25, 2003
In "The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension" a man promises to explain why a watermelon is placed under a force gauge, but fails to make good on that promise.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
A menial laborer becomes a pawn in a plot to overthrow the reigning monarch and establish a military dictatorship.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
A white-collar worker persists in performing impromptu observational comedy around Los Angeles, despite poor receptions from his audiences

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
A white-collar office drone receives a disturbing telephone call, before quitting his job by jumping out the window.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Jabor posted:

A white-collar office drone receives a disturbing telephone call, before quitting his job by jumping out the window.

The Matrix

Blackfyre
Jul 8, 2012

I want wings.

univbee posted:

Bipolar caretaker hangs out with her drifter boyfriend, drugs the children under her care and psychologically manipulates their parents, causing them to question their sanity and lose their employment.

Mary Poppins

In addition to the last one I did that was unanswered:

Man falls in love with roommate. Friend disagrees with his choice and they end up in prison after a workplace accident almost occurs. They then try to escape.

Blackfyre fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Mar 30, 2016

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Quote-Unquote posted:

a child with a deadbeat dad and a mother that leaves her with a nanny all day is suffering from a serious mental illness. her mother insists on keeping the girl at home with the nanny instead of in a secure facility, despite the fact that she is clearly a danger to herself and others, and hires a drug addict and a drunk to treat the girl's affliction.

The Exorcist

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
a drug addict is finally able to reconnect with his daughter, who he has not seen in many years, shortly before almost all of humanity is wiped out.

spank my snatch
Jun 4, 2009

Two prostitutes' night is ruined when a career criminal interrupts their cocaine-fueled session with an ambitious corporate executive.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

jiharlequinade posted:

Two prostitutes' night is ruined when a career criminal interrupts their cocaine-fueled session with an ambitious corporate executive.

American Psycho

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

jiharlequinade posted:

Robocop

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Applewhite posted:

The Matrix

Too fast.

An escaped convict concocts a series of elaborate schemes to get revenge on those who put him away.

Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

Bad Moons, Bad Moons, wot ya gonna do?

A small town government official struggles to curtail the activities of a local criminal and his organised crime group. Despite all his best efforts to bring him to justice he is publicly humiliated by him at a sporting event.

Blackfyre
Jul 8, 2012

I want wings.
EDIT: Beaten to it.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Jabor posted:

Too fast.

An escaped convict concocts a series of elaborate schemes to get revenge on those who put him away.

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Blackfyre posted:

Mary Poppins

Yup.

A woman, mutilated after a fight with her father, joins forces with a man seeking to kill everyone she's ever known.

wireframeskull
Dec 3, 2006

A young village boy falls in love with the daughter of a wealthy, influential family. After joining the military, he discovers that the daughter's family are suspected traitors, but allows them to escape after confronting her father.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

a bookish, sheltered teenage girl is thrilled that the hunkiest guy in school asked her to the prom. she can't wait to show all those mean girls that teased her how pretty she looks in her prom dress. absolutely nothing could go wrong.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

final2percent posted:

A young village boy falls in love with the daughter of a wealthy, influential family. After joining the military, he discovers that the daughter's family are suspected traitors, but allows them to escape after confronting her father.

The Sound of Music...or wait, I guess he didn't really let them escape, did he?

A criminal facing execution pretends to be royalty to escape his fate.

This can refer to at least two movies, bonus points if you can name both.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

final2percent posted:

Lacombe Lucien

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Retiree joins PETA with a vengeance

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Applewhite posted:

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

I suppose it works, but I was thinking The Count of Monte Cristo.

e: whoops, those aren't the tags I'm looking for

Blackfyre
Jul 8, 2012

I want wings.

Quote-Unquote posted:

a bookish, sheltered teenage girl is thrilled that the hunkiest guy in school asked her to the prom. she can't wait to show all those mean girls that teased her how pretty she looks in her prom dress. absolutely nothing could go wrong.

Carrie

wireframeskull
Dec 3, 2006

univbee posted:

The Sound of Music...or wait, I guess he didn't really let them escape, did he?

Yup--he lets them escape the cemetery at least before blowing his Nazi whistle

Malinois
Jun 13, 2003

Gridlocked posted:

A U.S. Senator willfully violates a number of international laws, which in due time will come back to bite his nation in the behind, to forestall an international enemy's expansion of territory.

Charlie Wilson's War

A doctor explores the world of prostheses while on a quest for truth and personal redemption.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Malinois posted:

Charlie Wilson's War

A doctor explores the world of prostheses while on a quest for truth and personal redemption.

The Fugitive

MRA PUA Tay-Tay Fan
Sep 12, 2001
I'm back Bitches

Blackfyre posted:

Indeed!
That one is very easy so heres another:

Uneducated man fosters young girl, struggles with looking after her.

What I lack in quality I will make up for in quantity.
Leon: The Professional

e: forget the second one, missed that someone already got it

In the near future, society's inabilty to develop renewable resources creates a food crisis.

MRA PUA Tay-Tay Fan fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Mar 30, 2016

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

A man tries to bring some sense and logic into the world of military procurement. Nothing changes.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Collateral Damage posted:

A man tries to bring some sense and logic into the world of military procurement. Nothing changes.

Pentagon Wars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

rapfan90 posted:

Leon: The Professional

Carrie

In the near future, society's inabilty to develop renewable resources creates a food crisis.

Soylent Green

• Locked thread