Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
univbee
Jun 3, 2004

A fatty with two dads goes to a secret location with them to learn some new positions. :gay:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

An isolated shut-in must take over the family legacy after her parents' unexpected deaths, upsetting local businesses in the process.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Collateral Damage posted:

If you hadn't said "her" it could have been Batman.

English :argh:

Yup.

Have another:

An old woman must fight to reacquire her inheritance, stolen from her sister by her killer who is attempting to flee the jurisdiction.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

A young girl gets separated from her family and murders a woman, is celebrated for her act.

If this is what I think it is you're a fucker.

Wizard of Oz?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Wizard of Oz again.

Yup. That timing...

Hopefully this one will be a bit tougher.

Attempting to address two on-the-job fatalities, the solution put into place malfunctions and its creator is also killed.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Blackfyre posted:

Man attends his wife's work Christmas party. Is an awkward long evening where things don't go as expected.

Die Hard

VVCorrect.

univbee fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Mar 30, 2016

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Bipolar caretaker hangs out with her drifter boyfriend, drugs the children under her care and psychologically manipulates their parents, causing them to question their sanity and lose their employment.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Blackfyre posted:

Mary Poppins

Yup.

A woman, mutilated after a fight with her father, joins forces with a man seeking to kill everyone she's ever known.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

final2percent posted:

A young village boy falls in love with the daughter of a wealthy, influential family. After joining the military, he discovers that the daughter's family are suspected traitors, but allows them to escape after confronting her father.

The Sound of Music...or wait, I guess he didn't really let them escape, did he?

A criminal facing execution pretends to be royalty to escape his fate.

This can refer to at least two movies, bonus points if you can name both.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

A man tries to bring some sense and logic into the world of military procurement. Nothing changes.

Dr Strangelone

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Blackfyre posted:

Teenage boy spends too much time with older man. No one ever questions this and this is never explained.

The Karate Kid

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

rapfan90 posted:

In the near future, society's inabilty to develop renewable resources creates a food crisis.

The Martian

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

A triple-header:

An imprisoned money launderer seeks revenge against those keeping exonerating evidence buried.

Convicted pedophile strangles a nurse after a party.

Artist's work nearly ruined by two men whose families are torn apart as they try to stop him.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

And another one, that'll be 6 I've posted in anticipation of a solution.

A man and his father both gently caress the same woman while working on a bucket list.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Applewhite posted:

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

Good. 5 left.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

DeusExMachinima posted:

Bruce Willis is driving a car one day when he meets a nice but shy girl. They go on a cruise and then he wraps his vacation by visiting some ancient ruins.

Fifth Element

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Anyone want to take a stab at my previous entries or should I just post the solutions?

A fatty with two dads goes to a secret location with them to learn some new positions.

A woman, mutilated after a fight with her father, joins forces with a man seeking to kill everyone she's ever known.

A criminal facing execution pretends to be royalty to escape his fate. (Applies to two movies)

An imprisoned money launderer seeks revenge against those keeping exonerating evidence buried.

Convicted pedophile strangles a nurse after a party.

Artist's work nearly ruined by two men whose families are torn apart as they try to stop him.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Wintermutant posted:

Ragtag group of friends spend two hours driving in a big circle.

Rush?

Doc Friday posted:

After years of isolation, a man expresses his frustrations by using a hammer.

Oldboy

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Applewhite posted:

Dark Knight Rises

Oh poo poo I guess that works too. But I was thinking of The Little Mermaid.

Last chance for the other five, I thought two of them were pretty straightforward?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Solutions to my previous entries:

A fatty with two dads goes to a secret location with them to learn some new positions. Kung Fu Panda 3

A woman, mutilated after a fight with her father, joins forces with a man seeking to kill everyone she's ever known. The Little Mermaid

A criminal facing execution pretends to be royalty to escape his fate. Aladdin and Kagemusha

An imprisoned money launderer seeks revenge against those keeping exonerating evidence buried. The Shawshank Redemption

Convicted pedophile strangles a nurse after a party. One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest

Artist's work nearly ruined by two men whose families are torn apart as they try to stop him. Se7en

Doc Friday posted:

A man searches the country for his stolen tool.

Do music videos count? If so Detachable Penis

VVCorrect! I'll give it to you, was quick enough after my post.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

dad gay. so what posted:

a barely mobile droid cannot speak english or traverse terrain that is not perfectly flat

Wall-E?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

A celebrity-turned-dictator faces trial for his transgressions.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Ilustforponydeath posted:

A man is batman, defeats the joker

Wait, am I doing this right?

SIsterhood of the Travelling Pants

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Commie NedFlanders posted:

A professional hole digger does not like kids or the idea of fatherhood gets swindled into visiting a poorly maintained zoo. Electrical issue ensue and the man is forced to embrace his role as a father figure. Newman dies.

Jurassic Park

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Commie NedFlanders posted:

Aging man tries to impress cool teens. Wife disapproves.

Battle Royale? :v:

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

vortmax posted:

A psychiatrist gives a presentation and has a book signing, then is abducted by a former patient. They later crash a party, before the patient is killed by police.

12 Monkeys?

vortmax posted:

After a scientist visits a government outpost, an expedition of six is launched to investigate remote territory. None return.

Aliens?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Microwaves Mom posted:

A man desperately wishes he was a woman and works hard to achieve his dreams along with his small pet dog.

Silence of the Lambs

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Joshy Bear posted:

Satirical film following one woman's fight for women's voting rights in Edwardian England, ignored by her distracted family who slide ever-deeper into their own elaborate fantasies and enable her husband's obsessive kite-flying mania.

Definitely correctly referenced by fist4jesus but not explicitly named: Mary Poppins

Mother tries to talk her son out of becoming a terrorist.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Wurzag posted:

An incredibly lucrative business venture has to be totally abandoned after a community outreach attempt backfires horribly.

Do The Right Thing? It definitely fits.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

xutech posted:

A young executive is overheard speaking derisively about his superior in a bathroom. He is later killed by a gang after having a drug fueled orgy with two women at his expensive house.

Robocop

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

xutech posted:

A rich woman travels to Mexico to promote a line of water soluble toys for charity.

Traffic

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Nigmaetcetera posted:

A young man discovers that America isn't what it's all cracked up to be.

An American Tail: Fievel Goes West

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

skasion posted:

A young actor dissatisfied with his stagnant career struggles with a drug problem during a difficult location shoot and is steadily drawn into a web of crime, leading to his eventual death.

The Dark Knight? :v:

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

SciFiDownBeat posted:

A couple co-workers enjoy lively conversation while carpooling before an eventful workday.

Pulp Fiction

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Last chance for this one.

univbee posted:

Mother tries to talk her son out of becoming a terrorist.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Mother tries to talk her son out of becoming a terrorist. E.T.: The Extra Terrestrial (original 1982 version)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Ryoshi posted:

Friends-turned-rivals reunite at the Olympics, finally forgiving each other after the younger friend embraces his inner child. The "at the Olympics" part is a stretch.

I haven't checked all the pages but I'm assuming this hasn't been answered yet. Akira?

Also in case this isn't a joke the one about the kangaroo is Kangaroo Jack?

• Locked thread