Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Lurdiak posted:

For what it's worth, it's not like Nintendo didn't notice the incredibly poor reception of Other M, and there are multiple sources that confirm that Sakamoto is no longer in charge of the franchise and is in the same shithole they put Gunpei Yokoi in after the Virtual Boy was a complete flop. Team Ninja screaming from the rooftops that the shittiness wasn't their fault probably didn't help his case.

Actually, it appears that he decided he was done with Metroid of his own accord and went back to working on weird minigames like he had been prior to M. He's worked on Rhythm Heaven Fever, Tomodachi Life, and Miitomo as Producer since.

Motto fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Apr 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Junpei Hyde posted:

Fire Emblem.

Not cool man

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

They made the official website for an upcoming game look like this.
http://www.sora-evo-3rd.com/

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Motto posted:

They made the official website for an upcoming game look like this.
http://www.sora-evo-3rd.com/

Reminds me of zombocom
I love it.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoL1NRh8JOI

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

what devilish pranks have the twisted folk in the video game industry come up with today

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Golden Goat posted:

Another episode of Bravely Default - Cute art

It's about minor antagonist Ominous Crowe, whose main traits are stuttering and being kinda evil.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

It's about minor antagonist Ominous Crowe, whose main traits are stuttering and being kinda evil.

I know. I've played the games. I was saying the art was cute.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Linkle is the Main Character of Zelda Wii U - SemperGames senior editor oddium

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

oddium posted:

what devilish pranks have the twisted folk in the video game industry come up with today

lmao

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Sakurazuka posted:

Not cool man

its true though

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

April Fool's, when companies try to show that they're "with it" and "totes relatable"

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

tales of games just tweeted that barkley 2 is going to be out by the end of the year. i am no april fool

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

oddium posted:

tales of games just tweeted that barkley 2 is going to be out by the end of the year. i am no april fool

did they say what year

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Sakurazuka posted:

Not cool man

Fire Emblem is actually very cool.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

*sighs and stares at May 20th on calendar*

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Ahundredbux posted:

did they say what year

yes

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

Cheer up! There's plenty to play before then.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It least I might be done with DS3 by then.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

hmm I see, def. an april fools then

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

oddium posted:

Linkle is the Main Character of Zelda Wii U - SemperGames senior editor oddium

Give me this game Nintendo. Give it to me.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Good morning thread.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Sakurazuka posted:

49 days isn't too long.

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
Hi thread. Collar 6 is fun to play and solving the puzzles makes me feel smart but sometimes I have no clue what to do. Like in the 3rd chapter I get a mask and I find some hidden messages and I'm supposed to push buttons with a clock? Wtf? I've already looked at an faq once to my shame and I won't again.

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
Also the miitomo's thread title is correct and funny.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

It least I might be done with DS3 by then.

That's the spirit. I'm okay with some space between games i'm looking forward to. Means once I finish one the next good game is right around the corner.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Ahundredbux posted:

hello games chat what are the best anime games?

obviously recettear is #1 what are the others
Ni No Kuni.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

wow, how derivative
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UY-L7YZM5w0

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I beat Undertale last night. loving rollercoaster ride beginning to end. I know I'm not saying anything new here, but it's really a game everybody should play at least once. If you don't like the art style, or the combat, or whatever, that's fine. But you should still play it once to get an experience that's wholly unique in gaming.

I'm just kind of bummed I didn't get the ending I wanted, since I doubt I'll have time to play all the way through it again anytime soon.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

PantsBandit posted:

I beat Undertale last night. loving rollercoaster ride beginning to end. I know I'm not saying anything new here, but it's really a game everybody should play at least once. If you don't like the art style, or the combat, or whatever, that's fine. But you should still play it once to get an experience that's wholly unique in gaming.

I'm just kind of bummed I didn't get the ending I wanted, since I doubt I'll have time to play all the way through it again anytime soon.

Unsurprisingly doing a rerun for the true ending takes like 2-3 hours since you know what you're doing.

Go back and get it.

Oh ignore all that if you mean the bad ending.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

April is but a respite for the inhuman amount of poo poo we're getting in May. I'm excited for Star Fox after the recent videos show it looks way better, though.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

MinibarMatchman posted:

April is but a respite for the inhuman amount of poo poo we're getting in May.

Please don't talk about stux like that :ohdear:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Dr Cheeto posted:

Please don't talk about stux like that :ohdear:

how is he not permabanned with 3 pages worth of bans and probations, anyway?

I'm probably gonna have to preorder Mirror's Edge / Overwatch and it's gonna be ridiculous having both of them come out the same day. Even more funny is they both have open betas probably around the same time in early May, too.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Some people think he's funny

like me

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I like april fools day because i get to see half my twitter timeline turn into humorless dorks being grumpy about "a day about telling lies"

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

MinibarMatchman posted:

how is he not permabanned with 3 pages worth of bans and probations, anyway?
He hasn't done anything worth permabanning. I just needed him to go away for a bit because he was making GBS threads up a few different threads.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

I Testified Before Congress That Stux Should Be Permabanned For Having Probations And All I Got Was Laughed At

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Man, the things some people can do with MUGEN just blows me away.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

MinibarMatchman posted:

April is but a respite for the inhuman amount of poo poo we're getting in May

I actually completely forgot about Mirror's Edge. We get that and Overwatch in May along with Doom which I will be very cautious about however the only trailer ive ever actually seen for that game was the E3 one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

"Google rolls back April Fool’s prank after users claim it cost them jobs"

good

• Locked thread