Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Matrimelee? Come on. Pretty detailed for a joke, but it looks like a couple sprite re-colors or straight up rips from other games. It's a lot better than the usual MUGEN junk, that's for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

LawfulWaffle posted:

Matrimelee? Come on. Pretty detailed for a joke, but it looks like a couple sprite re-colors or straight up rips from other games. It's a lot better than the usual MUGEN junk, that's for sure.

You say that as though that even cracks the top 10 of absurd fighting game concepts.

I don't know if you're going for some weird elaborate April Fools thing here but that is an actual game.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i bought fortune street today, to play with my friends

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

oddium posted:

That's a good game. I recommend looking up how to get the computer to unlock the extra boards for you while you work/sleep/study. And play with the investing options on, the advanced mode. Have fun!

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

oddium posted:

Really wish there would be more clones of that game available, there are in other languages but the US just gets skipped

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Ciaphas posted:

april fools day is a tiresome and annoying loving tradition

People who feel this way are the funniest part of April Fool's.

PantsBandit posted:

How well has Donkey Kong Country aged? I'm thinking of purchasing it using my New Nintendo 3DS.

1 and 2 are stone cold classics.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

I had a lot of fun with Top Shop for the PlayStation back in the day. It was one of those bargain bin games like RPG Battler. It's a digital board game about buying property and putting stores on them, but you can play as a smiling cactus, a television, or a person in a dinosaur costume.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8ZZhQZBqus

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Ahundredbux posted:

hello games chat what are the best anime games?

obviously recettear is #1 what are the others

Anything by Falcom:

Lurdiak posted:

1 and 2 are stone cold classics.

3 ain't half bad either, though maybe I'm tainted by that being the first DKC game I owned.

FanaticalMilk fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Apr 1, 2016

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i would put 2 slightly above tropical freeze, which are both well above 3, which is slightly above 1. they're all really good though

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

FanaticalMilk posted:

3 ain't half bad either, though maybe I'm tainted by that being the first DKC game I owned.

3 is actually pretty bad. Not horrendous, but I've never been able to make myself even finish it. It's a serious misstep.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Lurdiak posted:

3 is actually pretty bad. Not horrendous, but I've never been able to make myself even finish it. It's a serious misstep.

3 is my favorite.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Did anyone, given the choice, play as Diddy over Dixie?

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQar2k4hAVM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpvLDpkHN7Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpBUzRH7aMU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

Diddy has some serious advantages in many stages and I think is the better choice for speedruns.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

idgi

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

diddy hold things in front of him which is Good

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

You're right, I completely forgot about that. Still feels pretty niche but I guess I just found my playstyle and stuck with it

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Melman v2
What day is it

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Cardboard Box A posted:

What day is it

I know, I was expecting them to be funny.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

oddium posted:

have fun murdering your friends because they made you lose

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOAV2PLxF10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Qiy0ggoytI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKcKuDcoBl4

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Reason posted:

have fun murdering your friends because they made you lose

i would not murder anyone, even hitler

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I'd murder Hitler.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I'd murder Hitler.

That's what Hitler would do.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

WTF DSP!? Quake has you start with a shotgun! There goes his gamer cred :rolleyes: And drat, Bodycount sure sounded like it was going to be the shiz but I never played it after I had heard it was generic as hell. I remember liking Black when I played it on the PS2.

Edit: Holy poo poo watched a bit further and he literally said "Ching Chongs" as a description for Asian enemies. My post was facetious at first but what the gently caress :laffo:

Instruction Manuel fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Apr 1, 2016

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I'd murder Hitler.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Lmao apparently a show stopping bug was patched into Ducktales Remastered where for a bunch of people the game just freezes in the final boss area, including for me. Good job Capcom.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Somebody did teach him to paint, he went to art school, he just failed to impress anybody with his lovely dumb paintings.

And actually, I'd go back and prevent the assassination of the Archduke Ferdinand if I was given the option. That's a far more pivotal moment to shape and requires, at least theoretically, no bloodshed on my part. All I gotta do is sprinkle a laxative on the right sandwich at the right diner.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Somebody did teach him to paint, he went to art school, he just failed to impress anybody with his lovely dumb paintings.

And actually, I'd go back and prevent the assassination of the Archduke Ferdinand if I was given the option. That's a far more pivotal moment to shape and requires, at least theoretically, no bloodshed on my part. All I gotta do is sprinkle a laxative on the right sandwich at the right diner.

Archdook Ferdinand

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

8-Bit Scholar posted:

if you read the accounts of how that assassination went down, i'm pretty sure that there were like a billion time travelers there already trying to either prevent it or ensure it

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

If we killed Hitler we'd have no Call of Duty games

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

3's my personal favorite. What do you find so bad about it?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Jay Rust posted:

If we killed Hitler we'd have no Call of Duty games

:woop:

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Lizard Wizard posted:

Archdook Ferdinand

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Lurdiak posted:

Lmao apparently a show stopping bug was patched into Ducktales Remastered where for a bunch of people the game just freezes in the final boss area, including for me. Good job Capcom.

This is essentially what happens to me when I try to play the last level of Duck Tales Remastered. But it is because that last level is hard as gently caress.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

codenameFANGIO posted:

This is essentially what happens to me when I try to play the last level of Duck Tales Remastered. But it is because that last level is hard as gently caress.

i never could get past that last platform section where you have to race up to the top.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Farycry primal 2 announced

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

codenameFANGIO posted:

I got the skills, but I don't got the mojo. I found a workaround that moved the freeze from entering the room to only happening during the victory cutscene, so I guess that's progress. Now I just have to redo the entire last level and boss fight again and skip the cutscene I get as a reward for doing so. :shepface:

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Tenzarin posted:

Farycry primal 2 announced

You better be able to ride a loving t-rex in it.

I used to be all about "dinosaurs and people didn't live at the same time!"

but now that everyone knows that, it's way cooler to be like "gently caress it, dinosaurs are awesome". Who gives a poo poo about realism, especially in Far Cry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Snak posted:

Who gives a poo poo about realism, especially in Far Cry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enb0zWbYUik

• Locked thread