Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Tenzarin posted:

Farycry primal 2 announced

I liked their last April Fool's joke better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

I rest my case. That game is amazing.

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
I bought hyper light drifter

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I beat Duck Tales, apparently you don't get to keep the treasures unless you play on Hard. :shepicide:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Lurdiak posted:

I beat Duck Tales, apparently you don't get to keep the treasures unless you play on Hard. :shepicide:

Oh my loving god.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Constr posted:

I bought hyper light drifter

Keep us updated. I almost bought it, but since I "accidentally" bought a $30 Gundam model, I'm waiting till I hear more about HLD.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

codenameFANGIO posted:

Oh my loving god.

It's weird, you can replay all missions once you beat the game for fun and to amass more cash, but you can't change the difficulty level unless you start a new game, which resets your cash. Seems like they could've had a more elegant system there.

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
Contrast is a nice game with interesting ideas and a good story that quickly gets bogged down in bullshit dumb completely unfun horrible oh god why did you loving do this the game was fine without this horseshit puzzles.

Lurdiak posted:

Haha let me know if you can conquer that bitch on Extreme.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Dang, is it me or is this month's chat thread kinda slow?

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Lizard Wizard posted:

I guess I could accuse you of some kind of ignorance if you'd like.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Lizard Wizard posted:

I'm busy watching Galaxy Quest, so my rate of posting may be slightly reduced...

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

It's weird, you can replay all missions once you beat the game for fun and to amass more cash, but you can't change the difficulty level unless you start a new game, which resets your cash. Seems like they could've had a more elegant system there.

Whoops, turns out I misread the warning when you start a new game, cash and unlocks are carried over.

cram me sideways posted:

Haha let me know if you can conquer that bitch on Extreme.

You'd think someone who beat the original legit wouldn't have this much trouble, but I'm pretty sure remastered is actually harder somehow, despite a lot of simplification.

E: I unlocked the Quick Cutscenes option when I beat the game!

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Apr 2, 2016

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Alright, gently caress it, it's Digimon time. I'm almost put twenty hours into this fucker, it's like chapter 6. Dunno how long this game is, but I'm playing on the Hard mode so I get my teeth kicked in if I don't carefully breed my monsters ahead of time to counter and defend against the enemy attacks. Some of these boss battles have been frustrating, but this is a new month, a new start, a new chance at life so wish me luck, my fellow digital goons, as I embark on the digi-quest of my digi-life!

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
Is Digimon like what the Go-Bots are to Transformers?

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
It's anime garbage but I can't stop playing it because I can loving digivolve these fuckers to the moon and back and then devolve them and re-evolve them into even better forms until I have collected every last one

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Lurdiak posted:

E: I unlocked the Quick Cutscenes option when I beat the game!

Honestly it sounds like beating this game would have made me super mad anyway. :saddowns:

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.
I thought Contrast was waaaaaay up its own butt about how cool it thought it was! Wonky controls, too. I hope We Happy Few is more polished. I seem to recall hearing that many of Contrast's problems were due to crunchtime? Not sure if I'm remembering correctly though.

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

codenameFANGIO posted:

Honestly it sounds like beating this game would have made me super mad anyway. :saddowns:

Man try Christmas morning 1990, when me and my brother got this game as a gift and we finished that fucker in like two hours and my dad was all what the gently caress are you loving kidding me this was seventy loving dollars or whatever NES carts cost back then.

My old man STILL gives me poo poo about it to this day.

VoidBurger posted:

I thought Contrast was waaaaaay up its own butt about how cool it thought it was! Wonky controls, too. I hope We Happy Few is more polished. I seem to recall hearing that many of Contrast's problems were due to crunchtime? Not sure if I'm remembering correctly though.

Everything about Contrast makes me think "Man, if this had another year in development, it really coulda been special."

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnP0aPwccGU

I kinda wish there had been a licensed zardoz game so I could see wtf they did with it lol

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Where do you guys go to learn about cool new games?

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

Uh the Something Awful Games Forum usually

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

I mostly hear about it from my cool friends in the game industry who hang out on cool game forums (not neogaf)

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I hear about them from

The internet

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Steam controller version 2 announced.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
i absorb game info through osmosis

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I mean I just heard about Salt and Sanctuary just now and I recognised it from the March thread and thought to myself, "Well where did these goons learn about this hot new Souls-like game" hence why I asked

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Half life 3 announced, only playable with a steam link and a steam controller.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I learned about Salt and Sanctuary from that youtube dreck guy Vaati Vidya. I dunno what it is but something about him just...irks me. Like, he's trying to sell me something. He's got an oily nature to him.

But he also has a very nice voice and usually does spotlights on games like Dark Souls, which is why he had a video on Salt and Sanctuary and also a video on this cool looking game where you are like...a rat with a sword and shield. I've known about it for about a year as a result.

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
I signed up for the anime thread probation raffle and I put in a week. You might have to wait on updates about hyper light drifter.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UI0CLBemspI

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

That joke doesn't work when you use in-game footage instead of idiots in bad costumes.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I"m already like almost done with Hyper Light Drifter. I like it. There are few things here and there the game could do better on. There is no text dump of a story, it's mostly told through cutscenes and visuals. The combat is pretty good, nothing too complicated but it's not a button mash game. The dashing mechanic does take a little getting used to, and you have to keep in mind the dashing does not make you invincible. The game's music is good, the artsytle, yes it's pixel art but I think it is used for its strengths. This game doesn't hold your hand in terms of what you have to do. It's not that hard to figure out. I enjoyed from what I played.

The only knock I have against it is the power ups. Wish they could be a bit more clearer on what does what on some upgrades. Some of the upgrades are pretty easy to tell what they do but some you have to figure out.

I enjoyed my purchase so I say go for it.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

This is so loving great. Between this and the Eli Roth short, the marketing push behind Dark Souls 3 is just weird in an awesome way and I'm loving it.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

I'm annoyed that Dark Souls 3 isn't out right now because I really want to play it.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Skeezy posted:

I'm annoyed that Dark Souls 3 isn't out right now because I really want to play it.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

you should listen to the bombcast, and the beastcast, and watch unprofessional fridays, and quick looks

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

It was tough staying spoiler-free during the month between the console and PC releases of Dark Souls 2, but it was worth it

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

It was tough staying spoiler-free during the month between the console and PC releases of Dark Souls 2, but it was worth it

A friend of mine got spoiled by a loving thumbnail in a youtube recommendation.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

A friend of mine got spoiled by a loving thumbnail in a youtube recommendation.

What in that game could possibly be spoiled?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gahmah
Nov 4, 2009
Hyper Light Drifter is good and right.

chain daaaaaaaasshshshshshsh

• Locked thread