Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Instant Sunrise posted:

hello friends, this is the games chat thread for the month of april.

notable game releases for april:
– quantum break: an unreleased sega cd game is being remade and released on the xbox one (the third xbox) and on windows 10.
– dark souls iii:
– star fox zero: another star fox game, nintendo promises yet again that this one will follow in the spirit of starfox 64, one of the few good starfox games.

enjoy your video games this month friends

Hey Quantum Break had Sam Lake Directing and as a writer! Its only been delayed for 2 years for "polishing", that's a good sign right? That's worth being forced to upgrade to Windows 10 and use the Windows store, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Monkey Fracas posted:

I'm not too interested in Quantum Break but I feel like I'll be forced to update to Win10 from Win7 sometime for something

ehhhhhhhh windooowwwsssss

I like Sam Lake's work, but holy poo poo talk about ice skating UPHILL every loving time!

<insert blade picture>

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

i was hoping remedy would go back to what they're good at -- third person shooter action with the main character droning on about poo poo while everything explodes

what we got is fmvs that require streaming from a server (why?) and setpieces that are too short to really enjoy

totally worth it

gonna wait for Quantum Break: American Nightmare for when they finally fix everything

Alan Lake was amazing.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Farycry primal 2 announced

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Steam controller version 2 announced.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Half life 3 announced, only playable with a steam link and a steam controller.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Lurdiak posted:

There's a lot of lore in the souls games.

Sure for grognards the games are story empty coop games.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Mistle posted:

Won't be a Souls game if you can't eventually get through the whole of the content and start invading as an endgame-accomplished soul level 1

Soul memory, more like best memory.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Alan Lake was so good.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
50 years later, Hitlerdidnothingwrong Imgay gave a speech to the UN today.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Must be very odd to name your son after a video game character who kills his father.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Quantum break costs $70 bucks to play?!?!?! and you have to use windows 10?

Nasgate posted:

Games with huge glaring flaws have their flaws discussed when the game is discussed. News at 11.

Lol nasgate you are like the champion of the whiteknights for fallout 4.

Irony

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I concur, I played ME2 and ME3 on the PS3 and even though the DLC cost more than ME3, they are very fun games.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
The DLC for the Witcher 3 is insane, one quest has as much or more talking as the new fallout 4 Automation dlc.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Accordion Man posted:

The wedding mission was so god drat good.

How the gently caress did you know what mission I was talking about? Holy poo poo.

I've only done the 2 first tasks, I really need to finish heart of stone at one point.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Dragonfall seems like it was better than Hong Kong but the latter had a ton of QOL improvements.

Both still better than alot more expensive "games" on steam.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Is the baldurs gate expansion related to that guy who wanted to be a dragon?

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Apr 5, 2016

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Jay Rust posted:

What other games have trans characters? Is this really the first one or something?

Final Fantasy 7

That king of fighters game with billy

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Manky posted:

After setting up the character with "xe" and "xem" references, Azure Striker Gunvolt does not a terrific job of handling its trans villain.

Is it possible to plug your own socket?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Mistle posted:

Well, it is a problem, but more that it's a symptom of the actual issue.

Gaming opinion herd mentality helps good game ideas stick around, and help kill off bad game ideas, e.g., QB for the xbone is doing better than Halo 5 in consistent Twitch viewership, in disappointing fewer of its fanbase, and wouldn't be surprised if it does better overall, particularly because the UWP will count toward sales, I think.

The actual issue is that game producers use the herd mentality, and not regarding the actual game; they emulate the marketing and sales strategies while ignoring the game mechanics and content that people play.

It's a new issue, and given technology and the speed at which hot-button issues spread, its onset will be faster than the interracial or homosexuality issues of generations past.

I want to say that was initially a miscommunication thing, but it definitely is what it is now :eyepop:

"doing better than ____ in consistent Twitch viewership"

I glad twitch can now be used as a measuring device to tell me how good a game is.

8-Bit Scholar posted:

From the sounds of it, this is just a trans NPC, some incidental character some place, so this could not possibly be more of a non-issue. If you think this is an agenda being forced on you, you are allowing your bigotry to cloud your reason, and should reconsider.

What if the character is like a main character in a star wars game and they are like a sith character or a jedi character trying to help you, "learn the force"?

"let the force flow through you"

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Motto posted:

Complaining about "agendas" is stupid to begin with; every piece of writing is influenced by the author's beliefs and views. If something is entirely inoffensive to you, that means it didn't challenge your viewpoint, not that it's absent of ideology.

Imagine Alex Jones playing Metal Gear Solid.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Aliens from aliens are, they got the banana and the taco.

Or maybe they are more like birds with bananas because they lay eggs.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Mistle posted:

One of many metrics, and given that twitch is videogames-while-not-playing-videogames, I'd say it's entirely relevant. It's the new word-of-mouth, and helps immerse a fan into the franchise when they're not actively playing it, or it might make a sale where there wasn't one.

Then again, it might break a sale where there might have been one.

Twitch is lame, watching others play video games is lame on the internet, donating money to people playing video games on the internet is lame, donating money to people to watch people playing video games on the internet is lame.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Mistle posted:

What about couch watching someone play?

Couch watching is cool, so is pass playing ie changing on death or if death is basically impossible some other metric so the other people also get to play.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Accordion Man posted:

Returns, Dragonfall, and HK.

I hear the Genesis and SNES games are both interesting, but I've never played them.

You get returns for free with dragon fall.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Nasgate posted:

adjective (not comparable)
1. (narrowly) Having a gender (identity) which is different from the sex one was assigned at birth, i.e. being assigned male at birth but having a female gender or vice versa; or, pertaining to such people. (Comparetranssexual, and the following sense.)
2. (broadly) Not identifying with culturally conventional gender roles and categories of male or female; having changed gender identity from male to female or female to male, or identifying with elements of both, or having some other gender identity; or, pertaining to such people. (Compare genderqueer, transsexual, and transvestite.)

The first does not apply because all signs point to them being a hermaphrodite, and they clearly identify with both genders.

The second is a broad usage and therefore shouldn't be used if a narrow word is applicable to prevent miscommunication. In this case, they are bigender. In addition, it's pretty rude to call someone trans if they have their own gender identity.

This is why I keep a dictionary on my phone.

Would or would not bang this anime character?

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Apr 6, 2016

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Accordion Man posted:

No, you don't. They're separate games.

Well you can get a combo its basically free, I swore they removed shadowrun returns because they released the updated engine with dragonfall directors cut.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Talk about cool as gently caress congress man.

Only thing bernie sanders was able to do was rename post offices.

Man you would have to embezzle to afford all those train simulator's DLC.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Oh his son stole the games, I wonder what his SA account name is.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Holding a 360 controller and wearing a 360 headset makes you a gamer.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Nasgate posted:

While I already know she has male genitalia, it is a no regardless. Looks twelve.

Way to make the fictional banging weird, nasghoul.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Is there a "agenda" to stop men from dressing like nuns, in japan?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I mean, would anyone be surprised?

I heard weird things happen in japan, like eating KFC for christmas dinner is like the go to thing.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Ninja Gaiden Xbox wasn't as good as Ninja Gaiden on the NES. Also it didn't hold a candle to DMC because Tecmo sucks at games. I mean they made Dead or Alive fighting games, lol come on.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Shindragon posted:

Devil may Cry was all about being flash and whupping rear end.

NG was more defensive.

Also when you put DMC like that you are making me think of NT's game which NG styles all over. :v:

No, you are thinking about DmC. Big difference....

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

corn in the bible posted:

yeah like resistance was useless in dark souls i remember so what should i focus on or avoid

Hp and sprint power bar. Stacking stats is basically like for the end of the game when you have good scaling weapons.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Good think they changed the name or else the movie The Wizard would of been forever tainted.

Also nice post of the most deadly enemy in the games.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
My favorite part in Ninja Gaiden 1 is when you run out of Ken's house your in like Florida and the next level is the tundra.

Oh also that the last level is literally impossible.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Jay Rust posted:

I mean, Samus wasn't ever that great of a character, in my opinion. The "oh wow she's a woman who doesn't need no man" revelation kind of doesn't matter, given that Nintendo was still so eager to reward players with pics of Samus in a skimpy outfit, undermining what's supposed to make her cool and likeable.

Please don't bring up gamersgate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

FirstAidKite posted:

I hope that one day there will be another good main metroid game released but until then, at least there are plenty of solid games in that genre even if they don't star a badass bounty hunter

Super Metroid on the SNES was already released like 20 years ago.

• Locked thread