Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Thc5SGfwOg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

March thread is talking anime, might be time to move to April

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I won't be able to afford the components to upgrade my computer to run Dark Souls 3 this month. What should I do?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Nowadays we mostly spend it wondering what tech corporations are going to pull, and that's pretty much where it ends

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

April Fool's, when companies try to show that they're "with it" and "totes relatable"

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

"Google rolls back April Fool’s prank after users claim it cost them jobs"

good

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

axleblaze posted:

If the Google mic drop thing caused you to get fired, you were probably on pretty thin ice at that point anyways.

Or, more likely, you were looking for a job and accidentally sent something unprofessional to a prospective employer

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I hate Google but I still use all of their products. Same with Amazon. And I buy so many video games despite not approving of the industry's labour practices. April Fool's truly is a day of deep introspection

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Persona 4 might be my fave anime game, partly because it's not too embarrassing if people walk in on you while you're playing it

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Did anyone, given the choice, play as Diddy over Dixie?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

You're right, I completely forgot about that. Still feels pretty niche but I guess I just found my playstyle and stuck with it

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I'd murder Hitler.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

If we killed Hitler we'd have no Call of Duty games

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Where do you guys go to learn about cool new games?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I mean I just heard about Salt and Sanctuary just now and I recognised it from the March thread and thought to myself, "Well where did these goons learn about this hot new Souls-like game" hence why I asked

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

It was tough staying spoiler-free during the month between the console and PC releases of Dark Souls 2, but it was worth it

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I hope the fanservice sunbro covenant in 3 has a good name worthy of Solaire

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I had a Dark Souls 3 dream last night, the first boss was a hag lady who used the word "hobbitses", don't know if that's actually in the game

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I played a bit of Portal 2 this morning. It's better than I remember, which is rare

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I like looking at Steam global achievements. Seventy percent of Portal 2 owners played past the short intro sequence, forty percent finished the single-player campaign. Fifteen percent have completed all of the co-op puzzles.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

"dumb" is a dumb word if you look at it

why is there a "b"

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I've met a bunch of Oedipus' in my day, nothing weird about it

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Boy I really wanna play dark souls 3

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Do you have big plans planned for it?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I refuse to watch anything with facecams

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The logistics involved in making that kind of stuff happen is interesting I guess, but setting a goal like "let's see how few button presses it takes to accomplish this task in a twenty-year-old game" is pretty arbitrary imo, and not something I can relate to as a person who sometimes interacts with the outside world

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

If you buy MGS3 these days, does it have necessarily have the new camera controls? I own the original, pre-Subsistence disc but I wouldn't mind having the better version too.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

cram me sideways posted:

You'll play MGS1 and 2 and be happy with the arcade stealth but then you'll put in loving MGS3 and great now the radar's loving useless and now you've got to worry about this camoflage bullshit and it's so goddamn slow and who are all these boring characters and ugh no so you move on to MGS4 and it's sixteen billion hours of Kojima's autism, just a loving slog of him smelling his own farts and yessir more weird boss battles i hope you like looking at a wet woman's rear end as she writhes on the floor and begs you to kill her heehee kojima-san you are a character!!! okay so how about MGS5 well by god it's more loving plodding godawful not fun stealth action where you have to sit still for a billion hours trying to loving plot out a route or whatever except OOPSIE you didn't notice one guard so now the whole mission's hosed; BETTER START AGAIN. oh yeah and vagina-bomb. BUT THAT'S OKAY BECAUSE YOU GET A DOGGY AND REVOLVER OCELOT DOES A FUNNY

I completely agree with you, don't let the inevitable dogpile discourage you

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

yep!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

That's Dark Souls 3?

I might give it a pass :(

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Video games have a real problem with acronyms. What's ToME?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I like Chopin

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

What's a good game that goes well with listening to podcasts

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Kratos is in one of the Motral Kombat games I'm pretty sure, so he could just go kill those guys for a bit

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

The MK guys had a bunch of guidelines that limited what they could do with kratos. They had to make two character portraits for him so that he'd be on-model even when facing the other direction in the character select, and had to do custom animations for him in several fatalities because he isn't allowed to look weak or frightened.

That just makes me think of Kratos as a really insecure action star with tons of really weird demands in his game contracts.

"MY CHARACTER WILL NOT EAT SHELLFISH, SHELLFISH IS FOR WEAK MEN"

That is actually hilarious. Kratos truly is me at 13.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Lizard Wizard posted:

I was originally playing a sorcerer but my melee game was so weak that I got stomped, then I went for a cleric and got tired of the Greatsword, and now I'm not even sure what I want. A smarter approach to sorcerer, I suppose. What would people recommend for a dex sorcerer in terms of early-game weapons?

I think people like the Rapier you can buy from the blacksmith in Majula. If you're playing Scholar of the First Sin, you can get it enchanted real soon after beating the Pursuer.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

The way game news outlets reacted to everyone hating mass effect 3 was the weirdest poo poo I've ever seen. It was like those dumb articles people have been writing about how people are wrong to dislike the Star Wars prequels, but even snarkier. YOU ARE STUPID TO THINK THIS IS BAD.

I don't remember too many of the specifics, but some fans really did go loving crazy over it, like, some guy wanted to sue BioWare over it. Personally I got bored before reaching the end, so maybe that's why I was and am a little bemused by people demanding a new ending to their silly space fantasy game. But this has been discussed to death already

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

What other games have trans characters? Is this really the first one or something?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Argh get all of these agendas out of my face

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I wonder how Japan feels about our sushi restaurants

• Locked thread