Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Man, the things some people can do with MUGEN just blows me away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

oddium posted:

was the prank to google crimes committed against your employer

Google's April Fools prank was to include a Send + Mic Drop button that would add a .gif of a Minion(tm) dropping a mic and walking away. This would filter further replies into a different folder so you would not see them immediately.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

I ordered Dark Souls 3 on Amazon to save some money but it won't be delivered until April 14, two full days after the US release. This is my own personal 9/11.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

PantsBandit posted:

How well has Donkey Kong Country aged? I'm thinking of purchasing it using my New Nintendo 3DS.

It's still a good game.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Matrimelee? Come on. Pretty detailed for a joke, but it looks like a couple sprite re-colors or straight up rips from other games. It's a lot better than the usual MUGEN junk, that's for sure.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

oddium posted:

i bought fortune street today, to play with my friends

That's a good game. I recommend looking up how to get the computer to unlock the extra boards for you while you work/sleep/study. And play with the investing options on, the advanced mode. Have fun!

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

I had a lot of fun with Top Shop for the PlayStation back in the day. It was one of those bargain bin games like RPG Battler. It's a digital board game about buying property and putting stores on them, but you can play as a smiling cactus, a television, or a person in a dinosaur costume.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8ZZhQZBqus

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UI0CLBemspI

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Skeezy posted:

I'm annoyed that Dark Souls 3 isn't out right now because I really want to play it.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Metal Gear is my favorite video game series. I kind of envy you, VideoGames, because you are experiencing them fresh. My feelings may be tainted with nostalgia, but I played through the series (MG1, MG2, MGS1, MGS2, MGS3, MGS4, MGS:PW, and MGS:GZ) in the month leading up to Phantom Pain and still thought that they were fun games with admittedly over-the-top stories. Each game innovates and there are some worthwhile messages sandwiched between bi-sexual vampires and emotional broken nerds.

I hope you enjoy the games!

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

VideoGames posted:

Man Vulcan Raven was tough. I got run over so many times. And what the heck where was the mine detector. I must have missed something. Also running through those beams was tough as nails. I'm glad I figured out what the cigarettes did.

The mine detector is on the right side of the upper level of the tank hangar past a lvl 2 door. The game is pretty short and pads itself a bit by making you go back to old areas with a new key to grab some important item, so anytime you get a new card you might want to run through old areas (or make a note of what level each door you run into is). If you have the thermal goggles you can see the mines and the lasers, and mines only pop up in a few areas. I don't know no one ever told Meryl that you can pick up mines by crawling over them, but keep that in mind in case she tries to show off later on.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

VideoGames posted:

Where are the thermal goggles? They sound useful but I don't have them either. I just ran around as a box in the nuclear warhead room and I'm surprised how well that worked.

Also in the second floor of the hanger. The door is open the first time you enter the area, but if you didn't grab them the door closes and needs the lvl 4 key to be opened.

Here's a video of a speedrun to help show where I'm talking about, hopefully queued to the right time (5:30)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EU8Yws8XY7I&t=330s

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

I like thinking about MGS 1 after playing through The Phantom Pain. It's not a perfect loop, but I love Miller and Ocelot and I'm glad that their relationship is fill out in a meaningful way over a decade after they were first brought up.

Lizard Wizard posted:

Yesterday I rolled a sorcerer and soul arrow'd my way through the first few areas of DS2 before getting repeatedly murdered by No Man's Wharf and losing a bunch of souls. Now I'm a cleric with a mace and it's much better.

e: I love the Souls series but I've never played as a magic user. I think the combat is tight and using a sword and board or a two-handed weapon feels really good. Even when I start as a wizard or w/e I start picking up weapons as thinking "Oh, a few levels in Str and Dex and I'll be able to use this so I can save some spells" and whammo I'm a fighter who can cast magic missile. I know the late game spells are nothing to sneeze at, but getting there is so much easier when I can wear good armor and smack things.

LawfulWaffle fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Apr 4, 2016

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bagPyvhg21c

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Whoa, the doot-doot-doot from the Konami logo is from Policenauts? :aaa: Those doot-doots have a real special place in my heart.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

The very serious story scenes punctuated by loud poops.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

So I tried a little Enter the Gungeon before bed and I like what I played. Twin-stick, co-op procedural dungeon crawl with bullet hell elements and unlockable items, weapons and I'm guessing characters. Leans heavily on guns as a motif for every aspect of the design, but I accept that as what the game is trying to do and I think it does it well. For instance, the decorations around the lore scrolls are little bullets, the teleporters are the chambers of a revolver (sorry for not knowing all the parts of guns guys), and your health is represented by hearts that are made of two red bullets. Plays nice and smooth, I like what little I've seen of the writing, and there's some verbs that I like to see in this sort of game (dodge roll, turn table into cover, teleport at will to previous 'porters). If you like Nuclear Throne then I think Enter the Gungeon is something you should be looking at.

The first boss I fought (and I imagine that the bosses are randomly picked from a pool) was a muscle-bound bird with a chaingun and ammo drum. He was named Gattlin' Gull, and when he died, a pack of ravens descended upon him and left no trace.

LawfulWaffle fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Apr 5, 2016

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

What's so special about the new Ratchet and Clank game? I was a fan of the first few on the PS2, and I played one on the PS3 but got stuck in some space pirate ship yard. I haven't seen any trailers or gameplay footage of it on the one gaming website I check (Kotaku, great shame I bring upon my family). Is it a reboot or something?

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Cool, thanks for the info. I'll see if I can find a cheap copy of Crack in Time at Gamestop or something.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

I wish someone would make a side-scrolling beat'em up that carried on the spirit of the Capcom Dungeons and Dragons games. Oh wait, Dragon's Crown.

I wish someone would make another Dragon's Crown.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > April Chat Thread - Queer Studies Zone

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

I think the gaming landscape is better for having Undertale as a part of it. There, that's my wildly divisive opinion on a popular game.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

This reminds me of the pinball table The Machine: Bride of Pin*Bot which has a robot lady who gets a voice and speaks to the player in a similar voice.

One of my favorite musical moments from Undertale is towards the very end, after you go down the long hall and enter the occupied room with all the flowers. There are birds chirping when you walk in but after a beat it goes silent except for one, short trichord(?) that plays for maybe a quarter note followed by four or five quarter rests. I found myself in that room more than a few times, and every time I thought it was neat. I'm a big fan of minimalism, though, so I don't expect one chord followed by silence to do it for a whole lot of people.

On the topic of minimalist music in video games, I've always been partial to the password theme from Megaman 2. If I didn't have an Apple phone I'd make it my ringtone or alarm or something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcjcxtyR5hs

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

corn in the bible posted:

IM JUST TRYING TO FEED MY KIDS

This part's in stage one. I never found out if it got edgier, but I felt like the gameplay was a step down from NG2 and I sent it back to GameFly. Funny that the Razor's Edge variant would be blunted.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

This thread is blood

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Jay Rust posted:

What's everyone's favourite anime hairstyle?

e:

LawfulWaffle fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Apr 7, 2016

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

My wife and I bonded over playing Catherine. We beat it twice, one with a standard ending because we chose the answers that felt right at the time, and once with the full evil ending. In that ending Catherine (the blonde?) turns out to be a succubus who is also the daughter of Satan, and you over power Satan to become the Lord of Hell. It's weird but I'm sure it's a thousand times better than whatever happened if you stuck with your girlfriend throughout.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Ninja Gaiden 2 is peak Ninja Gaiden.

The DS game was pretty good but god help your screen if you didn't have a protective film/a very light touch.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

You gotta admit that it was a bold move of the Team Ninja developers to take famously strong, independent bounty hunter Samus Aran and make her completely weak and subservient to Adam. If Adam says that you can't activate your Varia suit abilities, you're just going to slowly melt in this hostile environment. Did you get permission to use your super missiles? You don't want to upset the man in charge, do you?

There's a million different ways to handle not being able to use the abilities you arrived with, letting some old crush dictate what you can use isn't one of them.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Accordion Man posted:

Team Ninja are completely innocent when it comes to Other M, its all Sakamoto.

Like it sounds like scapegoating but its not, it is actually all Sakamoto's fault, i.e. the lovely gameplay, writing, and Samus' character assassination.

Team Ninja wanted to make a cool action game but Sakamoto didn't let them.

:negative:

It is quite obvious why Other M did not succeed when compared to other Nintendo games; it features a female main character,” says Sakamoto

e: I cannot actually read the article I linked due to a web filter. If it's poo poo I apologize.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

I was never good enough at the Metroid games to see the woman inside the suit. When I found out that Samus was a woman I had no reaction at all because of course women are as equally likely to don space armor and wreck poo poo, who was I to judge? Then I got older and the internet blew up and I found out that there were all these (general, not this thread) terrible opinions.

LawfulWaffle fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Apr 8, 2016

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

You'd think that TotalBiscuit would be more interested in donating to cancer research than feminism.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Enter the Gungeon is a fun game and both the criticisms leveled at it in this thread recently are, I can't think of the word, stupid? It's like a different game and it references a boss from a different game. The boss one is double pathetic because the game is chock-full of gun puns and the boss being referenced is iconic and fits nicely into the motif. There's also a boss based on a Beholder (god, such an old idea used in other games how unoriginal) and a Gorgon (same), so I guess it's good that person didn't bother to experience the game. Its fine not to spend money on something you don't like, but those are two pretty flimsy negs.

e: Here's a good criticism: It relies on luck a little too much, and not getting enough keys can really hamper your ability to beat the first few levels.

LawfulWaffle fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Apr 9, 2016

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

oddium posted:

does the mass effect trilogy for ps3 come with all the dlc

TOP VOTED ANSWER
Xandagar answered:
Mass Effect Trilogy for the PS3 contains these DLCs:

Mass Effect 1 Bring Down the Sky mission, which is already inside the disc/digital version so you don't have to enter any code whatsoever.

Mass Effect 2 contains the same contents from the original PS3 version release, in which includes in the disc:

Blood Dragon Armor, Kasumi character and her Stolen Memory, Project Overlord, Lair of the Shadow Broker. Also includes the Cerberus Network code that unlocks: Normandy Crash Site, Zaeed character and his The Price of Revenge, Cerberus Weapon and Armor. Arc Projector weapon, Firewalker Pack, Mass Effect: Genesis. Mass Effect Genesis comic, in which it tells the tale of some events from ME1, is only accessed if you did not bother playing and beating ME1 and went straight to play ME2 instead.

Mass Effect 3 contains the Online Pass. The free DLC contents can be downloaded from the PSN store which are: The Extended Cut and all Multiplayer Maps.

The rest of the paid DLCs for ME2 and 3 are available at the PSN store.
3 years ago20

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

I rolled a wizard in Dark Souls 2 since I've never played as a magic-oriented class in those games and once you get more than 30 magic arrows its very manageable. I also was summoned as a phantom by a rando who invited me to his PSN party and together we beat like six bosses by helping one another. I've never had that level of sustained co-operation in a Souls, much less with someone I met and grouped with completely by chance. He kept singing Kryptonite by 3 Doors Down so it wasn't perfect, but it was a definite highlight of my painfully sore throat-ed weekend.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

axleblaze posted:

I'm at the end of Salt & Sanctuary and it seems it's revealed itself as not a true Souls game by making the boss of the game actually hard.

Sounds like you aren't using greathammers. I don't even remember the last few bosses because I would cream them in a few hits, and I followed the light/water goddess (Devora?) so I had the item that gave my hammer a holy buff which just chewed up bosses. I saw a lot of people say that the Witch of the Bog was a huge hurdle, but I think I killed her after she got one attack in. I hear magic gets very powerful, too, so there are a few builds that kind of cheese the bosses.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZ445dYNmi4&t=30s

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Tiny Lowtax posted:

I have a question about GameFly. I recently took advantage of their $1 for a month deal. How long does it take them to actually send me a drat game? I signed up 3 days ago and added 5 games to my Q. In that time I've watched all the games go from availability Now, to medium, to low, and back again. My Q still says nothing about a game actually coming to me. Is GameFly just this much garbage or what?

It shouldn't take them that long to send something out, but it might have something to do with the weekend. Having a big queue also helps, but they should probably be sending you one of your games soon. I found GameFly good for trying out games that I had passed over or didn't get great reviews, if you're just trying to grab AAA titles you may have a lot of other people vying for the same games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Yeah I don't expect to get the latest and greatest games, figured they'd have high demand, but I guess I just assumed when the game at the top of my Q went from medium to now, that it would ship within 3 days. So by the time they ship and I receive it, a week of my month will already be gone. Who pays $22 a month for this garbage?

$22 a month?! I don't remember paying that much when I had the "two games at a time" level. I thought it was more like $12? I hope they send you some games soon, gamer friend.

• Locked thread