Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I need to get back into StH. Lost steam for it when Megaman got the axe cuz Archie shat the financial bed (the Sonic The Fighters arc iirc)

That Archie reboot needed to be a lot more than it was to step out of that shadow.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Apr 7, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Yeah, sorry. That was uncalled for.

Man, that arc was really fun though.

All it was missing was an appearance from unquestionably the best thing from the Sonic X comic (which because Universe if I'm remembering my comics history right) : El Gran Gordo.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Apr 7, 2016

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
They canonised AoSTH (beyond Scratch Grounder and Coconuts) of all things and have made several Jojo's Bizarre Adventure references.

Welcome to this crazy Time.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Apr 10, 2016

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

TFRazorsaw posted:

I mean, Breezie isn't a robot and Von Schlemmer is from the future.

The latter I'll give you but I thought they made a thing about the former was ambiguous.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Apr 10, 2016

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I mind Roter not having a fun time of it ether side of the reboot. Wasn't one of Pender's boners trying to make him gay over Sega's helmet or something?

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

TFRazorsaw posted:

Discussion for the Mega Man book is more suited to the general Archie comic thread.

And there's a fair bit of characters he hasn't used at least, particularly from AOSTH. There's also a fair bit from SEGA he can't use, like Eggman Nega, Metal Sonic 3.0, and Tiara Boobowski.

I think the underground characters are off limits too if that whole mess with universe #50 is anything to go by

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I went back to read after the restart and I forgot just how much of a fun maniac Omega is.

"Shadow, if (you fighting us) is a clever ruse, you are to cease immediately." :allears:

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 15:29 on May 7, 2016

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

legoman727 posted:

Eggman has the stupid drill tank from Sonic 2. :allears:

It's just as effective, too!

That said, woof at Eggman's method of keeping his Generals in line. It's hilarious how much Flynn and Co. get away with as far painting the good doc as a complete s.o.b. is concerned sometimes.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 09:54 on May 11, 2016

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
So if you ever wanted to dive into Sonic The Hedgehog, Humble Bundle has you covered with not only a fairly neat Sonic Game Bundle ($10 gets you practically, if not every, sonic game released on Steam) but a nuts Sonic Comic bundle ($15 nets you, I think, just about every complete New 252 story line (Both Main Line and Universe (Minus Worlds Colide/Unite), Genesis, Game adaptions, and the first four issues of Sonic Boom, totalling just shy of $300 worth of comics).

I could think of worse ways to spend $25.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Gaz-L posted:

How much do you think a person with fond nostalgia for SatAM and an enjoyment of all-ages books would like this bundle, and is it definitely a good jumping on point? Any reading order issues?

I'd say go for it. The slate was more or less wiped clean with #252.

Basically you can start from #252 and Universe: Treasure Team Tango without any problems. If this bundle has everything bar the crossover stuff then it will have all the info on where the SatAM characters sit in the new continuity that Archie's released.

The only issues that sit outside of the New 252 continuity (from what I saw and recall) are the Genesis arc (225 - 229) which was a four issue arc retelling Sonic 1&2 with the SatAM cast in it to celebrate the comic milestone and Sonic's 20th (and some set up for the abandoned Metal Sally arc) and the really good Trouble in Paradise arc (Universe 14-18) that adapts Tails' Adventure.

Oh and Sonic Boom is it's own thing and doesn't interact with the main storyline at all. You get like three quarters of that too as Archie's pulled the plug on it with issue 11 alongside Megaman.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Jun 23, 2016

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Yes but it really rankeled Sega to no end.

Apprently put Sega's relationship with Archie on a perpetual knife edge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Shinjobi posted:

Rest in piss, Dark Legion. We're a week away from you never having ever existed. And that makes me happy.:unsmith:

Didn’t they stop existing as of the SGW?

• Locked thread