Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This game is
This poll is closed.
Great! 180 32.61%
Awesome! 212 38.41%
Good! 160 28.99%
Total: 552 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

It broke again.

e: oh double posting fixed it, but it ate my last one.

The character creator is consuming my life. The weed isn't helping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

and god is on your side
dividing sparrows from the nightingales
Admittedly I only played for a bit to get to Level 4 and for people who like the MMO grind I found it pretty nice that all the princess dress up stuff isn't ridiculously expensive (and you can tweak the colors on anything whenever you want) but so far I've seen no sign of any real story or big changes so unless they were on the cusp of dropping chocobos in and letting me go hog wild it's pretty much just 'if you like XV combat but hated all the driving around and talking'.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
I haven't turned this game on in forever now but I am a shameless whore for anything with Create a Character so I'll prolly sink about 5zillion hours into it anyway.

Once it's done downloading anyway, drat middle of nowhere internet speeds.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I'm enjoying this a lot so far. Excited to later dig into the creator more with multiple avatars.

It can definitely use some QoL stuff, though. And Quick Play is buggy and will boot you from the server sometimes, making you kick out to the main menu to load back in.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Oh goddammit.

Robust character creator means I must try this now.

gently caress.

edit: OP please start a new thread. This bug is obnoxious.

edit2: OP hasn't posted in 5 days. Maybe someone else should make one?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Having to redo colour customizations when switching outfits is my biggest problem with Comrades, so far. It has a lot of small annoyances but mostly ones that exist in the base game, like kicking in and out of menus when talking to people and the weird wait times when doing stuff like that.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

esperterra posted:

Having to redo colour customizations when switching outfits is my biggest problem with Comrades, so far. It has a lot of small annoyances but mostly ones that exist in the base game, like kicking in and out of menus when talking to people and the weird wait times when doing stuff like that.

Isn't that what the avatar list is for? I haven't messed with it too much but I think you can swap around to avatars like they are outfit slots.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I really hate the load times for comrades.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Rascyc posted:

Isn't that what the avatar list is for? I haven't messed with it too much but I think you can swap around to avatars like they are outfit slots.

No, I mean outfit customizations. If you switch items of clothing they reset to default colour scheme.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Looks like switching avatars does reset your level back to 1. I thought you could use them as outfit slots to get around that problem but seems not.

This mode is a lot of fun but I echo the many little complaints sentiment.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Is there anything left for them to add or is the game finished? I actually really enjoyed it and would like to replay to see what they added but not if there's still story content left to add.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Baron Corbyn posted:

Is there anything left for them to add or is the game finished? I actually really enjoyed it and would like to replay to see what they added but not if there's still story content left to add.

Just the Ignis DLC, probably.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
World of Ruin expansion, playable guest characters, possibly more story DLC for Ardyn, maybe Luna, hopefully but unlikely Aranea, those are all that I can think of that might, or might not, be coming. Since we already know a PC release is coming next year, honestly, just wait for that. By that point I would think all the DLC that will be released will have been released. Plus if you can play it on your PC, then you just know there's going to be all sorts of silly mods to play with.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Tabata wants to keep working on it and add more Luna backstory and Ardyn backstory, but once the season pass is fulfilled we probably won't know for a little while whether Squeenix is going to let him keep sinking time and money into it.

Comrades will more than likely keep getting content. There are sigils you gain from each of the kings, and afaik the people who have hit post game for it say there are several king sigils missing still.

But idk.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Cor might get playable too.

Honestly the game is pretty solid right now, unless you're bumrushing all the content, going at a steady pace after December should hold you long enough.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
What the hell is going on with this thread

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

where are those two new posts hiding, show yourselves cowards!

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Ha, I just realized the girl who voiced Kairi in Digimon is in this game. It's been a long, long time since I've heard her. Libertus' voice is...not great, but in a way it reminds me of 90's dubs.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

ApplesandOranges posted:

Cor might get playable too.

Honestly the game is pretty solid right now, unless you're bumrushing all the content, going at a steady pace after December should hold you long enough.

Yeah, this. When they do add story content it usually isn't much, anyway, and the game has a chapter select so you can jump in to see the new stuff whenever.

Just play it imo.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Forget one of the things I was saying before, this DLC is basically the World of Ruin expansion. I love that we can use the Royal Arms moveset without hp drain now. I'm sad that the shuriken is still as weak as it always was.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Ah, can you actually explore the World of Ruin now? Not being able to do that was my biggest disappointment from the base game last year.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Baron Corbyn posted:

Ah, can you actually explore the World of Ruin now? Not being able to do that was my biggest disappointment from the base game last year.

Yes and no. There's no real exploration, just hub areas and hunts. But it's filling in some of those WoR blanks.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Comrades takes place during the blank period where everything went to turbo poo poo. You're going Monster Hunter ala FFXV to try and keep the lights on during the Apocalypse.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Biggest pet peeves is the disconnects that happen inevitably and you need to go all the way out to the menu to reconnect. It's about a 5 minute process of load screens, oof.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Are you using Quick Play? It's bugged right now. Once I started searching for parties via Custom, I stopped getting dropped from the server.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
I think my post got eaten by the thread. Comrades is fun, and the music is excellent as always. Unfortunately I screwed myself over with leveling the bow from Prompto because I forgot what the status symbols meant and put all the stats in magic even though I have the Lestallum background. Hopefully it won't be too terrible.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Finished it with 22 hours on the clock and level 26 as a healer build. If they're not going to expand it it feels like a little waste of cool poo poo and potential but otherwise about time the season pass delivers value. Other than the bugs and glitches that was really cool and enjoyable, hope to see it inspire future FF's online components post-release.

e: seriously gently caress Gladio's and Prompto's DLC, they're wastes of time and money, the Comrades developers which is a tiny team deserve bonuses.

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Nov 17, 2017

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Yeah, if they iron out some of the bugginess and keep adding content, this could be really special. It functions really well as something to just pick up and play for 10-15 minutes, too, which I appreciate.

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

MrLonghair posted:

Finished it with 22 hours on the clock and level 26 as a healer build. If they're not going to expand it it feels like a little waste of cool poo poo and potential but otherwise about time the season pass delivers value. Other than the bugs and glitches that was really cool and enjoyable, hope to see it inspire future FF's online components post-release.

e: seriously gently caress Gladio's and Prompto's DLC, they're wastes of time and money, the Comrades developers which is a tiny team deserve bonuses.

Can you get any of the "Familiar Faces" characters to play as during the currently available plot or is that 100% a later in development feature?

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
So far I've only had the game crash twice. These, by the way, are the only crashes that I've experienced while playing anything in FFXV.

That out of the way, I really like Comrades. Didn't think I would, but it's actually really fun and a nice narrative tie-in. I also appreciate that you don't have to be online to complete it. I don't play many games online and it's really welcoming.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

SylvainMustach posted:

So far I've only had the game crash twice. These, by the way, are the only crashes that I've experienced while playing anything in FFXV.

That out of the way, I really like Comrades. Didn't think I would, but it's actually really fun and a nice narrative tie-in. I also appreciate that you don't have to be online to complete it. I don't play many games online and it's really welcoming.

Out of curiosity were you able to play without psn+?

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

Rascyc posted:

Out of curiosity were you able to play without psn+?

Indeed you don't need PS+ to play it. You can take AI partners on quests.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Zutaten posted:

Can you get any of the "Familiar Faces" characters to play as during the currently available plot or is that 100% a later in development feature?

Play as no, NPCs yes, optional challenges yes, including a hot sweaty foursome with the boys.

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

No monsters are spawning for me in Comrades. I guess this is a good ending.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
is this game a mmo now

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

DrakePegasus posted:

I've had this problem in the export Cindy quest. You need to run into the woods for the enemies to spawn.

I also have this weird problem that I don't get to keep my experience after beating a mission online. I level up, but after returning to the hub I'm back to where I was before. I keep everything else. And playing with AI let's me keep the XP. I enjoy the game but this bug is really bad.

Tired Moritz posted:

is this game a mmo now
Nah, I'd say it'd more akin to Monster Hunter coop. With more fun and varied missions than the main game which is crazy.

Renoistic fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Nov 18, 2017

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

DrakePegasus posted:

That's by far the worst bug. It happens in quite a few missions and I'm not sure I believe the you gotta run somewhere to trigger em. It just seems like something desyncs.

The worst is when like the lobby, er, "camp" lags and everyone gets stuck there until the person in question times out and is replaced by an AI.

Anyway this mode seems incomplete. There's no way all the sigils can be in the game unless the map expands somehow.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Elephant Ambush posted:

Oh goddammit.

Robust character creator means I must try this now.

gently caress.

edit: OP please start a new thread. This bug is obnoxious.

edit2: OP hasn't posted in 5 days. Maybe someone else should make one?

I don't think therre's nearly enough activity to warrant a new thread. Honestly, closing this thread and having all discussion take place in the normal FF thread seems like a better idea if y'all really can't deal with this bug.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Alright, so I've beaten Comrades. The boss fights are pretty fun, the last one in particular is one of my favorites in the entirety of FFXV, but it's still a bit of a let down. Apparently you can have a rematch with a stronger version of it? I hope that one makes up for it, I didn't even know that a boss could be both great yet disappointing until now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I am from an evil terrorist organization known as 'Free the Post'.

• Locked thread