Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

It has the best voicemail gag ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.
The reviews for season 8 are very good and promising.

quote:

This is Archer: Dreamland, and it’s by far the best “rebooted” version of Archer yet and the only reincarnation that compares favorably with the first few seasons.

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.
Normally I hate it when a voice actor uses the same voice for everything, but with Jon I just dont care.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP

Irradiation posted:

Normally I hate it when a voice actor uses the same voice for everything, but with Jon I just dont care.

It's a bit different with the sort of show as well. Not heard anybody bring up that Mallary is the same voice as always, for example. It's really conversational level dialogue just like Bob's Burgers.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I really liked season 7 and I've enjoyed rewatching it. It's amazing how much the animation has improved since season one, I really appreciate how they're always pushing their limits and trying new things.

I'm going to miss Archer a lot when it's gone (although that's still a few years away), but I look foreword to seeing what the people who've worked so hard to make it great go on to do next.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I really liked season 7 and I've enjoyed rewatching it. It's amazing how much the animation has improved since season one, I really appreciate how they're always pushing their limits and trying new things.

I'm going to miss Archer a lot when it's gone (although that's still a few years away), but I look foreword to seeing what the people who've worked so hard to make it great go on to do next.

Already announced actually.

http://deadline.com/2017/03/netflix-animated-film-america-channing-tatum-voicing-george-washington-1202056188/

They are doing an animated movie on Netflix.

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

Technically we're doing that while we do Archer season 9 & 10

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Verdict: It was actually really good! Reversed most of my fears that the show as going downhill. Definitely looking forward to Season 8 now!

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

Verdict: It was actually really good! Reversed most of my fears that the show as going downhill. Definitely looking forward to Season 8 now!

Why can't I find it on demand and Google says it returns April 5th? Am I in the wrong parallel again?

This is an April fools thing right?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

jojoinnit posted:

Why can't I find it on demand and Google says it returns April 5th? Am I in the wrong parallel again?

This is an April fools thing right?

He is referring to season 7.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Henchman of Santa posted:

He is referring to season 7.

:doh: I got all excited by the first sentence I didn't even think to read the rest of the post. What I actually did was run into my brothers room, yell "COME, WE'RE WATCHING A NEW ARCHER" then get super disappointed when we couldn't find it and post here.

In my defense I did go check the first post on the thread which said Archer returns March 31st but now I also realize this is still the season 7 thread.

Sorry guys I'm just really stoked for the show to come back.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Anybody have a good idea for the next thread title?

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

Carlosologist posted:

Anybody have a good idea for the next thread title?

Archer Dreamland: That Could Have Been Inside Somebody

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Archer Dreamland: Deep dive inside the snowglobe

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
"So we're just jumpin' right in, huh?" Or whatever he says in the trailer.

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

Archer Dreamland: I see dead...wait, he thinks he's people?

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.
Archer dreamland: this Better not be one long dream sequence

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Of course the entire season will be a dream sequence. Not sure what you expected when the title is Dreamland.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

GreenNight posted:

Of course the entire season will be a dream sequence. Not sure what you expected when the title is Dreamland.

I'd "that's the joke" at you, but I can't understand how you'd possibly have missed the joke, so now I'm thinking I'm missing a joke in your post?

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Archer Dreamland: I guess Luigi was just a truck driver after all.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

So the Private Eye season of Archer is on Netflix, what are people's thoughts on it? I think I watched the first episode when it came out and then gave the rest of the season (and show, come to think of it) a miss, just seemed too much like Archer Vice which I liked the idea of but hated the execution. Would people say it's overall better? Worse?

I marathoned the hell out of it today for the first time and while having a similar idea (a season-wide plot with callbacks out the rear end and chekov's guns) it executed it waaaaaaay better.
The first time I ever saw the Archer Vice teaser at the end of the last episode of the previous season I thought it was just a crazy non-sequitur joke that was going to force you to connect the dots on how they got to all those wacky situations and I think that would've been better than what we got

EDIT: My one complaint is that Krieger was criminally underused

Calaveron fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Apr 3, 2017

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Here's a little something extra to enjoy ahead of the premiere:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jk6UVm4-u4E (nsfw language)

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Calaveron posted:

EDIT: My one complaint is that Krieger was criminally underused

How could you say he's "underused" when he gave us this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWUKl0r4Y0E

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Spoiler alert: it was all a dream (the season 8 thread is here)

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3816102

• Locked thread