Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

they literally can't do another voicemail joke, that's the culmination of years of jokes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
A hillbilly restaurant chain called Po' People

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

xzzy posted:

Isn't that mostly a reskin of the last website? Right down to the Krieger login and security cam stuff?

Different content. This is a whole new scavenger hunt for season 7.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
On mah tits, whaaaaaat?!!

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
IT'S AFTER LABOR DAY!

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Earl Campbell joke is even better than Johnny Benchian fingers

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

GLOSS posted:

This phone joke is just amazing...

Especially since it turned out to not be his voicemail at all. :golfclap:

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Somehow, "How will that help?" is the best line of the night.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!
Jesus Christ a Po Folks reference. I haven't been there since the '80s. I didn't even know it was a chain. Looks like they've only got 8 locations, 7 of them in Florida.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

I think that was one of their strongest episodes in years. The jokes were tight and some of the sight gags were laugh out loud funny.

Carol look at Mallory then turns and slaps Pam.

BAM Pam punches her.

I have no idea why i lost it at that, but it was just perfect for some reason.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
It's just too much that they just assumed that was his voice mail announcement, even as it got ridiculously long. Instead of doubting it as time went on, its increasingly implausible length only strengthened their suspicions that he was doing a bit.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
For some reason, "They're JODHPURS." "I know. Lately." just slayed me. I love stupid semi-obscure lovely puns.

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!
Whelp, that guy that rage quit last episode missed a hell of a good episode. I think this season will go just fine.

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt
What is this a pirate ship

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
For some reason the visual of Pam, Cheryl and Ray all slowly spinning in their chairs killed me.

I only started watching Archer in reruns about a year ago. Love it.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I had fun. I really hope that Pam hunk punching Cheryl becomes a running gag.

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

I've been a bartender too long because when I hear "Corpse Reviver #2" the first thing I thought was "they have absinthe?"

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
meh, most of the writing seems pretty forced at the moment to me. I'd like to see it pick up steam.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

criscodisco posted:

For some reason the visual of Pam, Cheryl and Ray all slowly spinning in their chairs killed me.

I only started watching Archer in reruns about a year ago. Love it.

I lost it when it expanded that shot and you saw Milton spinning behind Mallory.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Objectively bad show in every measurable parameter.

I laughed so hard at the dogs in diapers. :laffo:

e;
I caught the ep late, at the part where everyone is nonchalant waiting for the voicemail to be done with and I thought the joke was that they don't give a poo poo that Archer is in deep poo poo murdering a bunch of dudes.

In retrospect, after seeing the encore in full, I can't tell which is funnier to me.

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Apr 8, 2016

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Carlosologist posted:

the return of Mulatto Butts

Will always be my own ringtone.

The phone joke was :perfect:

And glad to see Kreiger back to having erections

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

Gazaar posted:

What is this a pirate ship

I don't know, we should check the leather bound book in the Lord High Admiral's cabin.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Junior G-man posted:

I don't know, we should check the leather bound book in the Lord High Admiral's cabin.

How such a lovely show can keep me laughing is amazing.

Cheryl needs more glue.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.
Even though it's dead and gone, I'd suggest everyone in this thread to chase down an episode of Archer with its hyperactive diaper wearing cousin Moonbeam City

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

MrSlam posted:

Even though it's dead and gone, I'd suggest everyone in this thread to chase down an episode of Archer with its hyperactive diaper wearing cousin Moonbeam City

Aw man Moonbeam City is already canceled? I was hoping it would at least get a second season.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Poor Rob Lowe. :(

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I still miss the side characters/drones, with just the main characters there's a limit on how they can interact before it gets repetitive. Plus Brett getting shot with the magic bullet in "Legs" might be my favorite joke of the whole show.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

MrSlam posted:

I tried that show when it started, and gave it 3 laugh-free episodes before I gave up. Maybe it just wasn't my thing. It seemed like it was too concerned with looking like Jem to be funny, but maybe it just wasn't my sense of humor.

I try to catch all Rob Lowe projects, but other than Parks and Recreation, I haven't found much I enjoy watching.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

criscodisco posted:

I tried that show when it started, and gave it 3 laugh-free episodes before I gave up. Maybe it just wasn't my thing. It seemed like it was too concerned with looking like Jem to be funny, but maybe it just wasn't my sense of humor.

I try to catch all Rob Lowe projects, but other than Parks and Recreation, I haven't found much I enjoy watching.

I got way more of a Nagel vibe but I could see Jem too. I was waiting until the end of the season to give it a shot but if it's not being renewed I probably won't bother

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

criscodisco posted:

It was rough, but I felt like it had potential. I was hoping it would get a chance to find its feet in the second season, but I guess that's not happening.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

criscodisco posted:

I feel like the Grinder really found it's legs, but I don't know how far in you've gone.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Nevvy Z posted:

I feel like the Grinder really found it's legs, but I don't know how far in you've gone.

First 3 or 4 episodes. I liked him in it, but couldn't stand the rest of his family.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I liked the Usual Suspects reference with the meeting.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

I liked the animation in this episode.

http://i.imgur.com/CCNbimo.webm

grading essays nude
Oct 24, 2009

so why dont we
put him into a canan
and shoot him into the trolls base where
ever it is and let him kill all of them. its
so perfect that it can't go wrong.

i think its the best plan i
have ever heard in my life
This episode was a true return to form. I agree, they can probably retire the voicemail joke now, they're never going to top it.

I kind of appreciate an episode where they show that Archer can actually be really good at kicking people's asses when he's not trying to think of trunk puns and/or drunk.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

grading essays nude posted:

I kind of appreciate an episode where they show that Archer can actually be really good at kicking people's asses when he's not trying to think of trunk puns and/or drunk.

He's also good at kicking people's asses while drunk. Honestly, he was probably a little bit drunk while beating up those bikers.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
The cut to Cheryl just spinning in her chair while that "voicemail" went on was hilarious.

I still frequently laugh at this show so it seems fine to me but I don't really actively grade the television I watch so I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to make a farewell shitpost when my humor elevates past the level of a show that makes corn subsidy and quadroon jokes.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

duz posted:

I liked the animation in this episode.

http://i.imgur.com/CCNbimo.webm

If someone could make this, or any other chair spin .gif looping perfectly I would love you forever and ever.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

swickles posted:

If someone could make this, or any other chair spin .gif looping perfectly I would love you forever and ever.

http://gfycat.com/KnobbySparseLangur

Already done apparently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The animation looks odd when you watch it for a while, like the chair is a 3D model that spins pretty smooth but they're still animating the characters in 2d so the angle changes get a bit jerky.

• Locked thread