Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.
Conway out punned him a bunch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

quote:

Yeah the name is definitely Cassius, although I don't actually know what's racist about it.

She describes the guy as being like a big black field worker doesn't she? That plus Cassius kinda gives off a slavery vibe

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

Tiggum posted:

Why wouldn't you just say whatever the gently caress it is you're talking about?

In that the ancient Romans had slaves?

Take from it what you will

quote:

Malory initially names the black CIA agent character Cassius. This is one of many examples of a multilayer reference in Archer. The character of Mede, the enslaved target of lust in Mandingo, was a bare-knuckle boxer, and played by Ken Norton, who was himself a boxer who fought and famously broke the jaw of Muhammad Ali. Ali's birth name was Cassius Clay, and when he converted to Islam, changing his name, many white commentators refused to acknowledge this, continuing to refer to him as Cassius. It was an example of the racial and cultural insensitivity of the time.
Cassius was Ali's "slave name". This is a huge stretch, but it is archer, so

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

tarlibone posted:

I find it difficult to believe that they want us to suspend our disbelief enough to imagine that shooting a wristwatch could possibly leave the watch in any condition that reveals the time the watch was shot.
For a long time this has been used to mark the death of Joseph Smith, founder of Mormonism. Supposedly a ball fired from a pistol struck a watch of one his companions, stopping the watch at around the approximate time of Smith's death.

In advance, not a modern pistol, religious hoohah, mormons don't believe this, yada yada yada

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

He's pushing rope because he's had sex so much lately he can't get it hard. If you were trying to push a rope it's just gonna bunch up rather then go straight forward

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

The reviews for season 8 are very good and promising.

quote:

This is Archer: Dreamland, and it’s by far the best “rebooted” version of Archer yet and the only reincarnation that compares favorably with the first few seasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

Archer dreamland: this Better not be one long dream sequence

• Locked thread