Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

I think that was one of their strongest episodes in years. The jokes were tight and some of the sight gags were laugh out loud funny.

Carol look at Mallory then turns and slaps Pam.

BAM Pam punches her.

I have no idea why i lost it at that, but it was just perfect for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

HopperUK posted:

Yeah Krieger is totally amoral but he's not malicious. He's just out for a good time, with science.

"She slapped you so hard you DIED."

"I'm really having a heart attack!"

"I know..."

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

TurboFlamingChicken posted:

That episode. That episode right there brings me back to season 2. This has been loving fantastic and I am sad we only have 3 episodes left this season.

It's a 13 episode season so we have 6 episodes left.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Diet Poison posted:

I wonder if there were concerns about it not getting picked up for season 8. Cause if so it's a pretty genius ending- if it gets picked up, Luigi was Archer (holy poo poo, love it) and if not, they ended the show by filling the main character full of holes. The end: no moral!

That's actually exactly it.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/06/02/archer-producers-on-that-big-finale-twist-archer-may-be-dead.html

quote:

Since FX has yet to renew the animated spy series for an eighth season—which creator Adam Reed and executive producers Matt Thompson and Casey Willis knew going into this one—did they purposely leave the finale open-ended in case the show was canceled?

“Yup,” Thompson tells The Daily Beast. “How’s that for an answer? You know, FX hasn’t picked the show up yet. We don’t know. Archer might be dead. We have some ideas, but you know, it’s very much sitting right there. That could be it.”

“We’re talking about it, just nothing’s set in stone yet,” says Thompson. “They like to really control that message, too, so we’ll probably find out when everybody else finds out,” adds Willis. “We’re going ahead and forming ideas and getting ready for whatever happens, so if it happens, we’ll be ready, and if not, we’ll have a bunch of ideas that we’ll probably throw out on the internet!”

While the Archer creative team may be preparing for the worst, sources close to the production tell The Daily Beast that a renewal looks promising—and that the Archer gang will be attending this year’s San Diego Comic-Con in July where they’ll potentially debut some never-before-seen footage.

"We have a definite plan and definite ideas of where we’re going to go from here. We are scheduled to be at Comic-Con, and I feel we’ll know by then,” says Willis. “But I can say 100 percent positive that Archer would be a private eye in the next season.”

So, there you have it. If they aren't renewed, Archer is dead. If they are, he'll be a PI next season.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

The prize for an ARG being a Pirate is beyond words.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Netflix should have just picked up Moonbeam City.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Mokinokaro posted:

Moonbeam City varied fairly heavily between episodes.

Yeah, but on a whole I loved the aesthetic and all of the voice actors having a ball in their roles. It was fun enough for me to keep watching.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Yeah, FXX is a bit more established now.

It really seems like they want FXX to be comedy and FX to be drama honestly.

Man Seeking Woman, You're The Worst, and Always Sunny are all first run on FXX now.

It really doesn't matter with Archer anyways since we have 3 more seasons already renewed and Adam Reed is going to end it afterward.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Megaspel posted:

if this is the last season.

It's not. This is the first of 3 remaining 8 episode seasons.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

What's really funny is even though H Jon just uses his voice for both Archer and Bob, the subtle intonations he does really separate the characters in my mind.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

It has the best voicemail gag ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I really liked season 7 and I've enjoyed rewatching it. It's amazing how much the animation has improved since season one, I really appreciate how they're always pushing their limits and trying new things.

I'm going to miss Archer a lot when it's gone (although that's still a few years away), but I look foreword to seeing what the people who've worked so hard to make it great go on to do next.

Already announced actually.

http://deadline.com/2017/03/netflix-animated-film-america-channing-tatum-voicing-george-washington-1202056188/

They are doing an animated movie on Netflix.

• Locked thread