Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

The biggest thing I have against the woo food fad is that you can replace all their terms with magic and magical and it would still make as much sense as the original.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

How.
How can you gently caress making a moulded chocolate.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

NESguerilla posted:

Food from a generation of people that were told they were good at everything they suck at.

Food from the portion of a generations similar to the portions of the previous generation that put everything in gelatin and aspic.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

KiteAuraan posted:

I am still pissed that kale got trendy and expensive. I used to be able to eat it all the time because it was loving cheap.

Speaking of this:
Remember a while back how Quinoa got super popular all of a sudden?
Well the health nuts and trendy food eaters started demanding so much of it and were willing to pay out the nose for it that the price of quinoa rocketed up so much that poor people who eat it as a basic staple food in Bolivia couldnt afford to eat it anymore. It became more expensive than chicken. The demand also produced large pressures to turn diverse farmlands into monocultures, which quickly erode soil quality and use inordinate amounts of resources.

Dont buy Quinoa. You are literally stealing a poor persons dinner if you do.

Also a direct from noted shitheads PETA:
"Eating quinoa may harm bolivian farmers, but eating meat harms us all."

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Apr 12, 2016

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Otana posted:

I genuinely love this poo poo, though mostly because everyone else gets grossed out by the color and I'm a five year old who likes the attention. Just tastes like bottled water to me.

Drink ice cold water from a wood tar lined clay water pot. So good.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

bulletsponge13 posted:

Tea chat- I really miss the tea they would serve in Iraq. Hot, strong, black tea with a ton of sugar. I've tried to replicate it, but I must be missing something, like the dust in the air or the smell of day old smashed assholes or something.

With Milk or no milk?
Either way, you need to make it super strong. Get a Samovar, cardamom, and you favorite Ceylon tea.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Apr 21, 2016

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Strom Cuzewon posted:

Chai lattes are an abomination to both Chai drinkers and latte drinkers, right? Should I be ritually drubbing myself with a cardamon plant?

Only because any big name cafe has the shittiest, most watery overly sweet milk chai.
I swear its like they spice it by only placing it in the vicinity of the spice.
Its like the homeopathy of chai.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Those loving agriculturists and their stupid grains.
What was wrong with berries and game?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Mu Zeta posted:

It sounds kind of tasty

This will not keep well at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Drop the syrup part and that would extremely be my poo poo.

• Locked thread