Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bomrek
Oct 9, 2012
Butter tea is a Tibetan thing; butter coffee is probably delicious as well.

Here's the thing about highland areas: just being above certain elevations is hard on the body. You burn more calories not only due to the cold but also because your body is working harder to use what little oxygen it can glean from the air. If you are in a highland area and also doing strenuous work, I can see how a drink that is basically calories + water would be a real good idea.

It is unfortunate, then, that this is being marketed to suburban dads in middle America.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bomrek
Oct 9, 2012

Crow Jane posted:

You... grow it? Easy to do in and outdoors. A-loving-mazing in lemonade, gin, or a combination of the two.

It comes up like a weed around here. My mom makes a kind of Turkish cold sweet drink called hoşaf with it and it's amazing on a summer night.

Turkish stuff is never trendy. Even when it's initially weird but good for you and you learn to like it over time, which seems to be main criteria for these trends, it just never happens. I'd really like to chart the origins of these food trends; they seem to come out of areas which are geographically and culturally most dissimilar to America/Western Europe which would point to exoticism and often Orientalism.

The water thing though, I got nothing.

Bomrek
Oct 9, 2012

Rebel Blob posted:

Not in this case, it's part of a 5-course meal that probably cost hundreds of dollars. Also I found out that they only had 20 tickets available for this event, only sold by a cyclist traveling around Oslo who had to be found through cryptic hints posted by the restaurant on twitter. I wasn't aware it was possible to disappear this far up into one's own rear end.

Some of what else you would have gotten with your meal:

This image has never resonated more.

• Locked thread