Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Tell me about your phobias. For me, personally, I am terrified of heights. The thought of falling with 5 to 10 seconds to realize you are going to die and your body will be splattered everywhere is enough to keep me up at night. That pic of the 9/11 guy falling is enough to get me thinking about it.

Another phobia I have I can't explain. Machinery under water. My family was on a vacation and we went to see the Queen Mary. There was a room where you could walk along a gangway and peep the lit up propeller. For some reason the lizard part of my brain told me "gently caress no, get out of here!". I can't explain it, but it terrified me. Anyone else have that one?

My terror:

Anyone else have any phobias? Spiders, drowning, clowns or exercise? Please share if you are irrationally terrified of something and if someone posts something that you know the phobia name of please share too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I am afraid of sharing my fears.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Rando posted:

I am afraid of sharing my fears.

it's okay, this is a safe space

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*
my phobias are irrational things like sasquatch and being transported back into my childhood but nobody believing me when i say to invest in google when it goes public, that kinda stuff

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
i once got hit by a car

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

dad gay. so what posted:

i once got hit by a car

and you ain't been right since

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
I am afraid and convinced that I will die in a fiery car accident. I also think all elevators, escalators, and moving sidewalks want me mangled and shredded. I think I should stop watching LiveLeak

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

JiveHonky posted:

I am afraid and convinced that I will die in a fiery car accident. I also think all elevators, escalators, and moving sidewalks want me mangled and shredded. I think I should stop watching LiveLeak

I have a friend who refuses to use elevators cause he was stuck in one once.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Getting the tip of my tongue stuck in a soda can.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i always disliked water and really hated swimming and just tolerated showering. when i was 19 or so my parents told me that when i was very very young i fell off of a boat. whoops!

HENGRY BUNG
Jan 15, 2015

being thrown into a vat of slightly acidic water, having slowly eat away at you and dying horribly :(

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
becoming the fall guy

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

dad gay. so what posted:

i once got hit by a car

I've been hit by a car 3 times. Once I was escaping being kidnapped. The other some guy just clipped me and yelled "friend of the family". The other time a car was just sitting at a stop sign then sped up and drove towards me, spinning me out into the side of the road. Then they fled the scene and got a restraining order against me which I would have had to spend like 4 grand to fight.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
i once got stuck on a parasail because the winch broke in shark infested waters. they had to drag us out to sea and then drop us in the water and send a zodiac to get us before we were killed by deadly sharks.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

I've been hit by a car 3 times. Once I was escaping being kidnapped. The other some guy just clipped me and yelled "friend of the family". The other time a car was just sitting at a stop sign then sped up and drove towards me, spinning me out into the side of the road. Then they fled the scene and got a restraining order against me which I would have had to spend like 4 grand to fight.

those were all me. whats your address?

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
having my biolegendarium leaked to the dallas police by mount weather thru CoD chanels, basically.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

dad gay. so what posted:

those were all me. whats your address?

It was weird because how did this people who "randomly" hit me with their car know where I lived and my name and all that poo poo. They didn't hit me in front of my house and I didn't know them so :shrug:.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
dad grey hired those thugs to gang stalk you

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i banged my legs really hard on a parked oldsmobile once. the vet said it was a double charley horse and that i had to be put down.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
i ain't afraid of poo poo

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

It was weird because how did this people who "randomly" hit me with their car know where I lived and my name and all that poo poo. They didn't hit me in front of my house and I didn't know them so :shrug:.

not sure but im going to need that address for this paperwork *taps pen on papers*

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

have you ever worked for marine g2? do you believe in 'fair play for cuba'??

Kosher Pickup Line
Jan 10, 2008

Hair Elf

dad gay. so what posted:

i once got stuck on a parasail because the winch broke in shark infested waters. they had to drag us out to sea and then drop us in the water and send a zodiac to get us before we were killed by deadly sharks.

:same:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Orkin Mang posted:

What? :shrug:

The kidnapping thing was really interesting. My landlords maintanence guy had broken into my house while I was in the basement masturbating. He had dissolved the axle assembly on my car with some acid, then dissolved one of the plumbing fixtures. By the time I got my poo poo together and got upstairs someone was knocking on the door. It was the maintanence dude and he's just like "hey I went ahead and put your trash cans out". I'm like thanks stalker jfc. So a couple days later I was fuckin-a I'm gonna go for a leisure cruise. So I saddle up and like 50 miles down the road my axle breaks. I get it into a shop and decide to find a ride. The first guy pulls (who we were both really clear on where he was going and where I was trying to go) this move where he tries to pull off the side and says we're gonna go see his aunt. I tell him just let me out since it was out of the way, but he keeps going, so I jump out of the moving vehicle, and then this rear end in a top hat throws it in reverse and charges at me, trying to mash me up against the side of the road. Then he throws a strawberry milkshake all over me and drives off. So I call 911 and the operator is like "hey you're gonna have to speak up I can't hear you". Then I start talking louder and she says "I don't have to put up with people yelling at me like that" and *click* hangs up. So I get another ride and the first thing the guy does is stick his hand up my rear end while I was trying to sit down on the passenger side. I was like gently caress it it's another 15 miles if I get out or don't, so he dropped me off at my turn (but was ironically going the same way I was at the turn). Anyways I get another ride with some retards who don't do any stupid poo poo, just a little light interrogation. Finally I got to a place to call a cab and did the last 20 miles that way. It was p cool, guy had some house music on the tape deck and poo poo. Finally I get home and get my car and I go to use the faucet and the thing literally just tears off in my hand. Then I look in my lease and find out somehow I'm responsible for plumbing poo poo.

Welp that's my kidnapping story.

ClamdestineBoyster fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Apr 1, 2016

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
i have a slight phobia of heights

if i'm at some really high balcony or cliff i get dizzy and a bit scurrd when i look over

but if i'm not looking down it doesn't really affect me, also if i've been in that place for a while it doesn't affect me that much anymore

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Orkin Mang posted:

sounds like a marked card *looks at you and then away* everythings going to be fine mr. clam boyster or whatever. we will be in touch. do not leave the state.

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
Used to have a bunch of weird ones. Whirlpools, drains, seeing a balloon floating away. No idea why :shrug:

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
big tits and PAWGs, for the love of God don't post them or I'll get triggered so hard

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

rt hon potatoe pc posted:

Used to have a bunch of weird ones. Whirlpools, drains, seeing a balloon floating away. No idea why :shrug:

i do :)

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

big tits and PAWGs, for the love of God don't post them or I'll get triggered so hard

i have this too, i nearly forgot

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

*looks over both your shoulders* no,nothing to worry about. not yet. *holds out large black brick with red flashing light* heres my card. stay off the road, mr boyster.

wane tendo
Mar 19, 2005

Buglord
virus strains, so contagious you can get em from newspaper papers

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
killer whales

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aj2U_kdNIe4

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
i am afraid a cat will follow me around licking me with its gross velcro tongue and won't stop

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Zorodius posted:

i am afraid a cat will follow me around licking me with its gross velcro tongue and won't stop

velcro is good my friend, do not fear it.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I get angry at people with irrational, debilitating phobias. I tell them to just grow the hell up.

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord
Having an aneurysm while taking a dump, or having a heart attack while jerking it. Dying in an embarrassing situation, basically. I don't care about the dying part, I just don't want the EMTs to laugh at me. :(

Fart Puzzle
Jul 25, 2007

compressed fart pieces

being murdered by the state and when they go to give me my last meal it's not what i ordered and they call me a big baby for complaining about it :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

don't gently caress with me

• Locked thread