Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Goddess of the Hunt and Trapping. If God giveth us a good combination, who are we to neglect to use it?

Also, still slightly too big. I'm having to scroll over still to see the end of your texts because of the large screenshots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Optics- Lets be the first into the new age to show our power. Not that anyone can actually see us on our island :dawkins101:

Trireme -> Caravan Lets get some exploration and trade started up

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

AJ_Impy posted:

Riga, Aesthetics, Stables. Let's ally with the Rigans to see if we can see further. Culture will accelerate our borders and acquisition of further social policies. Stables will enhance production which in turn will help with the lighthouse.

This plan works for me. The Huntress knows the benefits of synergy.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Cythereal posted:

Oh goody. One of my least favorite AI neighbors in this game after Greece and, if I share an early land border, the Aztecs/Huns/Zulus. An eye-searing color scheme does not help.

I also could have sworn Indonesia and Korea go Buddhist if they get first pick, but the wiki says nope, they prefer Hinduism and Confucianism respectively.

Indonesia goes Confucian, not Islamic? That makes no sense

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Religious Center because we could really use some happiness. Do we have 5 followers in any city yet?

Holy Order- because how else are we going to spread our religion, being stuck on an island, without lots of missionaries?

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Poil posted:

The Shoshone: Unfavorably! Land stealing jerks.
Japan: Unfavorably! Warmongering buttfaces.
Venice : Unfavorably! City state killing assholes.
The Byzantines: Unfavorably! Religion bonus thieves.
Brazil: Favorably! They're ok.

:mad:

:agreed:

Also, Delgada for lovely sheeps

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

We must regain the Colossus, first and foremost. For though we are a kind people, we are also people of wealth and honor. The colossus being ours will regain our honor in the face of evil magicks while making our profits sour ever higher!

It will also help lessen the pressure on our good friend Don Pedro.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Siegkrow posted:

Go against the goonmind's tendency to go Full Hitler.

Our religion is superior and must be brought to the heretics by fire and bow, and their tainted riches back to the mainland to be cleansed by our holy banking houses :colbert:

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

AweStriker posted:

Pursue Freedom as an ideology. It fits the best with Sebastianism as I understand it.

Pursue Diplomatic Victory.

Choose Patronage as the next policy tree, in keeping with that.

I agree. This is what Sabasiao wanted from us.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Make Freedom the World Ideology, as a good idea. It fits in with the ideals of Portugal.

But so does trade. The world runs on the backs of Portuguese shipping, and must continue to be the center of Portuguese life. Try to get every luxury good available in the game to show how good our trade lanes really are.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Pvt.Scott posted:

We could donate units to Pedro as part of a lend-lease program. That's technically not being at war with anyone!

and then

AJ_Impy posted:

Wipe the treacherous bastards out. Liberate every Venetian city state. Make Pocatello regret his perfidy.

Let's Lend-Lease this poo poo and save the world... again :getin:

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

No to warfare. If Pedro starts losing his cities and is at risk of being overrun, only then step in and merely liberate the cities and try to force peace by killing most of the Shoshone armies.

Whichever victory is fine, but start trying to rush for UN anyways after getting Sebastianism in charge of everything.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Capture their cities, instill puppet governments. The Shoshone have been warmongers for too long, and the constant aggression and backstabbing are the only things stopping the Pax Portugale from lasting. We must overthrow the government and show the people how to run a country without constant warfare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

The Huntress has given us her divine instrument for us to finally show the world the price that sinners must pay. Peaceful coexistence is required, and if we must smite others to show it, then it will have to do.

We will end this with Fire

• Locked thread