Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
It's me, the bad poster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

ICHIBAHN posted:

It's me, the bad poster

hey hows it going

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Gus has announced his retirement. Hoping it's just a weird unfunny Swedish April fools

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

Social media has made April 1 go from mildly annoying to completely unbearable

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
Cheerleader Kav claims UFC forced the rematch at WW, not LW

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

EmmyOk posted:

Gus has announced his retirement. Hoping it's just a weird unfunny Swedish April fools

Pretty sure it's april fools, but it's definitely lovely jokes.

Brown Paper Bag posted:

Social media has made April 1 go from mildly annoying to completely unbearable

It was unbearable before social media too.

SquirrelGrip posted:

Cheerleader Kav claims UFC forced the rematch at WW, not LW

No chance. It'd be at 145 for the belt if Conor wanted it that way, even knowing Diaz can't make the weight. He's got them wrapped round his little finger.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Yeah it's just like a totally straightforward post except on April 1st. It reminds me of an old sketch where a radio host calls someone up and tells them he ran over the dog as a 'joke' and the guy is devastated.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

There's a couple of jokes in there, they're just sort of flat.
- Unfunny person who posts poorly on comedy website.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
gently caress dc jones I want jones bader stat

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
mewse is going to die because of this thread.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/15106777/nate-diaz-says-rematch-conor-mcgregor-shows-ufc-thinks-win-was-accident

quote:

"Since that last fight, have you heard any praise for me from Dana or the UFC? None at all," Diaz told ESPN.com. "How much praise has that m-----f----- got? I've never lost a fight and not wanted to fight the guy 10 minutes later. The UFC is pumping him up again, saying he wants to redeem himself and giving him all this credit for it. It's like, dude, I've been obsessed with every fight I've ever lost. This is a gift for him to get it right away.

"He's saying he's obsessed? Welcome to my life, m-----f-----. That's the game, and I've never gotten my losses back."

Nate's growing on me.

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....
If it turns out that Alexander actually did retire from MMA that means that Ryan Bader would be defaulted to a title shot at some point in the future and lmaooooooo

SquirrelGrip posted:

gently caress dc jones I want jones bader stat

conor needs to realize like that saying accidents only count with horse shoes and hand grenades

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Remember how Nate was being schooled by Conor at every presser with being able to smack talk him down without even trying? Somehow Nate managed to become a better talker via osmosis defeat.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

That seems like a pretty sincere retirement post from Gus. Not suggesting that Gus is dumb, but if it's a gag, it's really really dry. He doesn't strike me as the kind for dry irony, and that kind of joke is even more difficult to pull off in translation.

outy
Aug 27, 2004

Keg posted:

mewse is going to die because of this thread.

No chance. If he dies I'll eat my hat.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

attackmole posted:

Nate's growing on me.

sounds like a type of mold

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
It's tough because it's April first so it feels like a gag.

But on the other hand, dude has been in some wars and goddamn if I respect people getting out of the MMA game early.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Lid posted:

Remember how Nate was being schooled by Conor at every presser with being able to smack talk him down without even trying? Somehow Nate managed to become a better talker via osmosis defeat.

Was he being schooled by Conor though? Conor was definitely busting out the funnier and more clever lines but Nate would say gently caress you or you're on steroids and Conor would get a face like he'd been stung by a bee.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
The things Nate said actually seemed to upset Conor, which is really weird, whereas Nate mostly seemed to be upset by the presence of a video camera and it's soul-stealing abilities.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
I'm very interested in what canned lines Conor will have to poo poo talk a guy who definitively beat him.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

The difference between Nate and Conor is Nate doesn't practice his lines in a mirror or have a focus group to workshop with.

Siamang
Nov 15, 2003

CommonShore posted:

That seems like a pretty sincere retirement post from Gus. Not suggesting that Gus is dumb, but if it's a gag, it's really really dry. He doesn't strike me as the kind for dry irony, and that kind of joke is even more difficult to pull off in translation.

That post is about as facetious as Scandinavians get.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Le Saboteur posted:

I'm very interested in what canned lines Conor will have to poo poo talk a guy who definitively beat him.

Frankie and Aldo are going to be at the press conference too. That's where he's going to spend his time.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

The thing about Conor having bad training partners and everyone at the conference laughing at touch butt definitely got under Conor's skin.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Was he being schooled by Conor though? Conor was definitely busting out the funnier and more clever lines but Nate would say gently caress you or you're on steroids and Conor would get a face like he'd been stung by a bee.

Conor probably was legitimately annoyed by the steroid line but it's hard to say he got the worst of that exchange when he followed it up by asking Nate if he knew Jake Shields and Gilbert were on steroids and Nate just sat there fuming

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Dan Didio posted:

Frankie and Aldo are going to be at the press conference too. That's where he's going to spend his time.

He can say plenty to Aldo but what can he say to a man he's dodging hard to fight two divisions up and praying Aldo does the job so he doesn't have to fight him?

fatherdog posted:

Conor probably was legitimately annoyed by the steroid line but it's hard to say he got the worst of that exchange when he followed it up by asking Nate if he knew Jake Shields and Gilbert were on steroids and Nate just sat there fuming

True, but that's a 1 - 1 score but Nate got under his skin a couple of times. There's a reason he threw that punch at the staredown, after all.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Josuke Higashikata posted:

There's a reason he threw that punch at the staredown, after all.

Because he could get away with it and hype the fight more?

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Le Saboteur posted:

I mean maybe he could say that his gang signs (?) look like he's making balloon animals (?) or call him a credit to his community/

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
They should make you alderman Nate Diaz, the way you teach those little kids, you're a great man and a role model but also you are a bitch pussy and I will beat you.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
That animal balloons line still cracks me up. He's a credit to his community. gently caress sake

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I got nothing against him, but I'm definitely going to make latchkey kids of his BJJ class

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
https://twitter.com/DiegoSanchezUFC/status/715768857814831105

Admit it, duncan, this has all been an Andy-Warhol-esque long con

woozy pawsies
Nov 26, 2007

i bet he took the test that just shows exposure rather than allergy.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Thoughts are with The Nightmare in this trying time.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Jon Jones could live and train on Mackinac Island and that dude would ride a horse into a tree within 4 days

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
but what if diego sanchez wins a belt

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Leather is different than wheat

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

https://twitter.com/JESnowden/status/715922817804595200

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

most people cop to being an alcoholic in more direct ways than this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

fatherdog posted:

https://twitter.com/DiegoSanchezUFC/status/715768857814831105

Admit it, duncan, this has all been an Andy-Warhol-esque long con

unless the treatment and diagnosis algorithms have been changed in the last couple of years you're not allowed to diagnose an adult patient with coeliac disease without getting a tissue biopsy (that is to say, hosed by a camera). the blood tests are pretty decent, but there's a shitload of quackery going on (iirc dennis hallman never actually got any of the proper tests done, he sent a sample of his poo poo in the mail to some probably scam website) so when diego says he got a blood test i'll wait until he says he got a blood test from an actual doctor because otherwise there's a good chance that next year diego says it was all wrong for him and now he's going to fight at a new weight class and everything is great now

• Locked thread