Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Remember when Helwani's babysitter played an April fool's joke on him which consisted of telling him that she lost his kid and couldn't find him lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Ty1990 posted:

Remember when Helwani's babysitter played an April fool's joke on him which consisted of telling him that she lost his kid and couldn't find him lmao

Ariel deserves it for how much of a crybaby he is about April Fools jokes in general.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

i would entirely believe a Gustaffson retirement, in the position he is in

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
Is April Fools a thing for swedes? I could see it being an honest mistake to announce it today if so.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
It's a joke. Gus isn't retiring.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Is it standard procedure to give cornball props to all your sponsors in your retirement post?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Steak tartar

Wheat

Dan Quinns miracle powder

These are the things I think about before I go to sleep

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

1st AD posted:

Ariel deserves it for how much of a crybaby he is about April Fools jokes in general.

To be fair April Fools really is the worst. No pranks are even involved, it's just people lying to each other.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

Dan Didio posted:

It's a joke. Gus isn't retiring.

He kinda should. :smith:

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Triticum Guzzler posted:

unless the treatment and diagnosis algorithms have been changed in the last couple of years you're not allowed to diagnose an adult patient with coeliac disease without getting a tissue biopsy (that is to say, hosed by a camera). the blood tests are pretty decent, but there's a shitload of quackery going on (iirc dennis hallman never actually got any of the proper tests done, he sent a sample of his poo poo in the mail to some probably scam website) so when diego says he got a blood test i'll wait until he says he got a blood test from an actual doctor because otherwise there's a good chance that next year diego says it was all wrong for him and now he's going to fight at a new weight class and everything is great now

Didn't Mike Swick take a bunch of time off because he was mistakenly diagnosed with celiac disease and was put on a diet which left him with like zero energy to train? Or am I misremembering.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Trast posted:

He kinda should. :smith:

Maybe I'm in the minority but Gus is firmly a top 5 LHW and two of the three losses he's had on his recent skid have been razor close.

We're not talking about Big Nog here folks.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzAsOzjFoC4
Jon Jones in court

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

FishBowlRobot posted:

Is it standard procedure to give cornball props to all your sponsors in your retirement post?

pretty much every swede on planet earth has this same type of dry humor where they don't make jokes but say increasingly ridiculous poo poo in deadpan tones, then laugh at you when you go 'wait, really?' the point of swedish humor is for the joke-teller to laugh at you, not the other way around and it's insanely hosed up.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Ty1990 posted:

Maybe I'm in the minority but Gus is firmly a top 5 LHW and two of the three losses he's had on his recent skid have been razor close.

We're not talking about Big Nog here folks.

He's been talking about retirement for awhile now. I know it never happens but I wish athletes would get out before the damage is all done. And not get out the Detroit Lion way where they squander your entire career.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Apparently Jim Miller/Gomi is getting added to 200

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

fatherdog posted:

Apparently Jim Miller/Gomi is getting added to 200

The battle of who gets to pick up a few more ufc paychecks. I like Jim but if Gomi fights im always rooting for he stuffs a take down and then gets a 1 punch KO

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

colonel_korn posted:

Didn't Mike Swick take a bunch of time off because he was mistakenly diagnosed with celiac disease and was put on a diet which left him with like zero energy to train? Or am I misremembering.

nah he was diagnosed with gerd (acid reflux) which is incredibly simple and easy to treat and then was like "medication!? no way man, there has to be another way" and then ended up getting botox injections in his oesophagus. weirdly, he then had problems with his oesophageal muscles

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

Triticum Guzzler posted:

"medication!? no way man, there has to be another way"

I like how often this happens

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Detroit_Dogg posted:

it's a completely understandable sentiment, but if you then go and inject neurotoxins into your muscles then uhhhh

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Oh yeah, as a dude who constantly had (not very good) doctors go "nah just take a bunch of muscle relaxants and pain killers instead of actually going to physical therapy and getting it fixed" I understand the sentiment. But when "Medication? No way!" is followed up by "gently caress yeah injections in my throat!" it makes me laugh

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
The Fireball Kid, now a man, hasn't KO'd someone in like, five years.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

Detroit_Dogg posted:

The shame of having to take once a day Prilosec

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Here's a really funny and good and not at all really bad April Fool's article from BJ Penn

http://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/georges-st-pierre/bj-penn-vs-georges-st-pierre-3-set-for-ufc-200/

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Triticum Guzzler posted:

botox injections in his oesophagus

lol :stare:

Dan Didio posted:

The Fireball Kid, now a man, hasn't KO'd someone in like, five years.

That KO was rad enough to make up for it though

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

https://twitter.com/grabakahitman/status/715698560671592448

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

Triticum Guzzler posted:

unless the treatment and diagnosis algorithms have been changed in the last couple of years you're not allowed to diagnose an adult patient with coeliac disease without getting a tissue biopsy (that is to say, hosed by a camera). the blood tests are pretty decent, but there's a shitload of quackery going on (iirc dennis hallman never actually got any of the proper tests done, he sent a sample of his poo poo in the mail to some probably scam website) so when diego says he got a blood test i'll wait until he says he got a blood test from an actual doctor because otherwise there's a good chance that next year diego says it was all wrong for him and now he's going to fight at a new weight class and everything is great now

I'm guessing he was diagnosed by a Mike Dolce podcast.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
So I'm planning on going to ufc199. Has anyone been to a ufc event at the staples center? Trying to figure out the best tickets. I know some people have said ring side isnt the best but one section back is the good seats (also half the price)? I have fight club elite or whatever its called so I will get early access to tickets on april 6th. I dont mind paying $200 - $400 a ticket for sweet seats. Any other insights would be appreciated, its babies first ufc.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Triticum Guzzler posted:

My pops is getting said biopsy done for Coeliac Disease when the NHS get off their arse but I didn't know it'd involve him getting hosed by a camera so I'm not sure whether to laugh or not.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Jst0rm posted:

I know some people have said ring side isnt the best but one section back is the good seats (also half the price)? I have fight club elite or whatever its called so I will get early access to tickets on april 6th. I dont mind paying $200 - $400 a ticket for sweet seats. Any other insights would be appreciated, its babies first ufc.

One level up from floor 10-15 rows in is the optimal seating. You look down into the cage but are still close enough to see everything. Floor level you sit below the cage, like eye level with the mat so your view kinda sucks. If you like to see and be seen floor seats are the best. If you really want to watch the fights sit one section up.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

colonel_korn posted:

lol :stare:

That KO was rad enough to make up for it though

lol, i havent thought about tyson griffin and his majestic rear end in ages

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

lol, i havent thought about tyson griffin and his majestic rear end in ages

joe rogan has

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

JaySB posted:

One level up from floor 10-15 rows in is the optimal seating. You look down into the cage but are still close enough to see everything. Floor level you sit below the cage, like eye level with the mat so your view kinda sucks. If you like to see and be seen floor seats are the best. If you really want to watch the fights sit one section up.

199 is at the Forum, not Staples.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

JaySB posted:

10-15 rows in from the cage or 10-15 rows in of that second section?

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

1st AD posted:

199 is at the Forum, not Staples.

yeah i just saw that. That venue is kind of poo poo yeah?

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Jst0rm posted:

10-15 rows in from the cage or 10-15 rows in of that second section?

10-15 rows in on the 2nd section.

I should clarify, I don't know specifically regarding the Staples Center. But I've been to every UFC venue in Vegas and that has always been the best seating arrangement.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

JaySB posted:

10-15 rows in on the 2nd section.

I should clarify, I don't know specifically regarding the Staples Center. But I've been to every UFC venue in Vegas and that has always been the best seating arrangement.

Right on. Thanks. Ill keep that in mind when i get tickets.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Josuke Higashikata posted:

My pops is getting said biopsy done for Coeliac Disease when the NHS get off their arse but I didn't know it'd involve him getting hosed by a camera so I'm not sure whether to laugh or not.

it's ok, the endoscope doesn't want to go all the way with your dad, but it will throatfuck him

DigitalMocking
Jun 8, 2010

Wine is constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy.
Benjamin Franklin

3 weeks before kensei and I fly out to see this fight.

Anyone keeping odds on the over/under of jones being back in jail before that date?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Triticum Guzzler posted:

it's ok, the endoscope doesn't want to go all the way with your dad, but it will throatfuck him

I wouldn't mind a new camera stepmom so I'm disappointed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

DigitalMocking posted:

3 weeks before kensei and I fly out to see this fight.

Anyone keeping odds on the over/under of jones being back in jail before that date?

Well the local police department will kill people for loving with them so Im pretty sure they dont give a gently caress about ruining this guys life.

• Locked thread