Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
I think one of Rumble's teammates said he was already training in case either one pulled out.

I really hope this happens because Jones vs Rumble is the only fight I really wanna see in that title picture. Oh and the Gus rematch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
I feel like Jones/Rumble would be Jones getting hurt once early and then beating Rumble nigh unto death

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
I wouldn't mind Dan Henderson because half of this forum would cry hoping for an H-Bomb that will never come

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
The entire racist system that constitutes american police departments unable to stop jon jones from fighting, DC pulls out due to sore foot.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

-Atom- posted:

I wouldn't mind Dan Henderson because half of this forum would cry hoping for an H-Bomb that will never come

That's basically the Rumble fight, but whiter.

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
Ariel Helwani has confirmed not an April Fools joke.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Work Friend Keven posted:

The entire racist system that constitutes american police departments unable to stop jon jones from fighting, DC pulls out due to sore foot.

DC, on the other hand, has never had to deal with racist police in his elysian homeland of Louisiana

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

https://twitter.com/sagenorthcutt/status/715910150352211968

fatherdog posted:

DC, on the other hand, has never had to deal with racist police in his elysian homeland of Louisiana

This is also the first time he's pulled out of a fight.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

fatherdog posted:

I feel like Jones/Rumble would be Jones getting hurt once early and then beating Rumble nigh unto death

Probably yeah, but I think Rumble is the only non-heavyweight fighter on the planet who has an almost reasonable chance of knocking out Jon Jones.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Lloyd Boner posted:

Probably yeah, but I think Rumble is the only non-heavyweight fighter on the planet who has an almost reasonable chance of knocking out Jon Jones.

I mean, he clearly hits really hard, but he also managed to break Arlovski's jaw and still go to a decision, so.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Rumble, finally a man that Jon Jones will be afraid to eye poke.

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
Yeah let's bet a ppv on Jones taking a short notice fight

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

vainman posted:

Yeah let's bet a ppv on Jones taking a short notice fight

To be fair, he's had a lot more fines and fees since then.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
Ryan Bader ladies and gents

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
So does that mean DC/JBJ for the MSG card?

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
The UFC could hold off and move Jones v DC to UFC 200.

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

fatherdog posted:

To be fair, he's had a lot more fines and fees since then.

Yeah, and he did take the short notice one with shogun way back. I just wanted to be first to make the joke about the april fools hoax

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Dammit

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Speaking as someone going to 200 yes please!!!

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

vainman posted:

Yeah, and he did take the short notice one with shogun way back. I just wanted to be first to make the joke about the april fools hoax

didn't he win the title against shogun?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Fozzy The Bear posted:

If they want that Gillion buy PPV, that'd be the move.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Fozzy The Bear posted:

I see tons of people online wanting that to happen but I'm not a fan. People wanna see Jon Jones return, him fighting DC for the belt is only a little important. Whether you like Jon Jones or hate him it will be cool to see him make his return.Jones ain't the one who is hurt right now so he shouldn't get taken off a card when him against anybody will still draw tons of interest. Same way how last summer when Aldo got hurt, yeah it was a bummer to lose a big fight but people really just wanted to see Conor continue his run. So you call up whatever contender will take it on a few weeks notice and make it for an interim belt and the PPV still does mega numbers. In walks Rumble, or Mendes, whoever. Keep Jones on the card unless he refuses to take another short notice fight. But like fatherdog said, eh, I doubt it. That was when Jones was in a much better position.

The other reason I'm not a fan is Robbie Lawler should absolutely be the co-main event of UFC 200. And Ariel reported that UFC has been trying to work on getting Robbie vs GSP done. If they were gonna push Jon Jones vs Cormier back they might as well add a few more months to it and make it for the MSG show in November. But if Robbie Lawler is bumped from 200 cause we need to watch Daniel Cormier cry again for 25 minutes then I'm gonna be very upset!!!

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Lawler isn't going to get 'bumped' from 200.

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

Skip My Posts posted:

didn't he win the title against shogun?

Yeah, but wasn't he a short notice replacement for that?

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Dan Didio posted:

Lawler isn't going to get 'bumped' from 200.

Well I hope not, but if people want DC vs Jones on the card that's likely what would have to happen. They already have two 5 round fights on the card and the mystery co-main event title fight that presumably UFC was working on before Daniel pulled out of UFC 197. I dunno if UFC can fit four 5 round fights on a PPV unless they really cut some corners with production.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Bubba Smith posted:

Well I hope not, but if people want DC vs Jones on the card that's likely what would have to happen. They already have two 5 round fights on the card and the mystery co-main event title fight that presumably UFC was working on before Daniel pulled out of UFC 197. I dunno if UFC can fit four 5 round fights on a PPV unless they really cut some corners with production.

I was thinking about the logistics of this the other day. A PPV with two title fights and three regular fights would have up to 19 rounds, with 10 walkouts. A card with four five round fights would have up to 20 rounds with 8 walkouts, so the timing would not be too different.

I'd love to see it but I question if they would tie up that many belts (ConorMoneyWeight not withstanding) for one card...

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

I hadn't thought of that, but that's not a bad idea. If UFC made the PPV only 4 fights long but essentially all title fights that would be great. If that happens then yeah I'm cool with Jones vs Cormier taking place on it and Robbie Lawler being featured before it. But if they do move Lawler's next fight to UFC 201 or beyond that's gonna be lame. Robbie Lawler deserves all the PPV points and exposure in the world that comes with UFC 200.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
Swap out DC/Jones and move up Connor/Diaz? Both fights have captured the attention of the fans and I don't think the gates would take a major hit if they moved fast.

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx

Dead Snoopy posted:

Swap out DC/Jones and move up Connor/Diaz? Both fights have captured the attention of the fans and I don't think the gates would take a major hit if they moved fast.

That is a fantastic idea.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

gently caress it, do that and put Conor/Diaz 3 on 200.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan
It's time for jones to avenge his loss to The Hammer

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Vomik posted:

It's time for jones to avenge his loss to The Hammer

Anytime I read 'The Hammer', I think about Artem Lobov calling out Matt Brown and start laughing again.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Jouban and Magny both signed new, four fight contracts. Hope they got good terms.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Dan Didio posted:

Jouban and Magny both signed new, four fight contracts. Hope they got good terms.

Magny will need a new contract by year's end at the rate that he fights.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm hoping he keeps performing really well and after the whole Woodley-Condit-Thompson-MacDonald situation gets resolved he's next in line, but it might be a while away.

But yeah, full props to Magny for taking fights at such a brisk pace. Hell, even when he got KO'd by Mike Ricci, he immediately tried to take a bout with Steve Mazagatti.

Shirkelton fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Apr 2, 2016

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul
Maybe it's just me, but I really want to see Daniel Cormier get another shot at Jon Jones. This latest injury news is giving me mild anxiety. Cormier is getting older at a rate of at least one second per second. He's even older now than he was when I started typing this. Now, he's a little bit older than he was when I typed that last sentence. Older. Older. Older...

Lloyd Boner posted:

gently caress it, do that and put Conor/Diaz 3 on 200.

Do you foresee a need for Conor/Diaz 3?

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

About as much as there is a need for Conor/Diaz 2

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I can see the UFC 200 being the new aim for Jones vs Cormier, though Rumble said he was keeping in fighting shape in case this happened.

DJ vs Cejudo is totally worthy of main eventing a PPV, so it's a shame people wouldn't buy that half as much as it deserves.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

DJ vs Cejudo is totally worthy of main eventing a PPV, so it's a shame people wouldn't buy that half as much as it deserves.

Not really. Cejudo is overrated and MM is gonna clown him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

Josuke Higashikata posted:

DJ vs Cejudo is totally worthy of main eventing a PPV

According to who?

• Locked thread