Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which is the better sport.
Soccer
American Football
View Results

• Locked thread
CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

blue squares posted:

I'll watch soccer once it starts ruining the lives of all of its players due to brain damage and eventual bankruptcy

Watch Brazilian/Portuguese soccer, people literally kill each other

edit: Well maybe don't watch it but read about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I was looking up that ref that got beheaded because he made a "bad call" in a soccer game and i found a picture of his beheaded head and body, so that's cool. Thankfully the wikipedia article on the guy has him alive and with head attached

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Ot%C3%A1vio_Jord%C3%A3o_da_Silva

The guy made a call, then someone got in a serious fight with him and he stabbed them, which resulted in him being drawn and quartered and head-removed. people who are really invested in sports are cool people and aren't hosed up in the brain at all

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Wow that article I found links to other footballers that have been beheaded. this apparently was not a one time occurrence.

• Locked thread