Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

PunkBoy posted:

I guess I'm weird because I thought Bayley vs. Asuka was easily second to Zayn vs Nakamura. I loved the story-telling of Bayley pulling out all of her super moves and then even taking a page out of Asuka's book with her submission counters. The only thing missing was Bayley going full Dark Mode like she did in the Ironman match, but I feel like we could see it in a rematch.
It was definitely better than the NXT championship match but without the latter's stoppages who knows how it would have shaken out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I liked Asuka doing her signature bad strikes on Bayley and Bayley getting mad, and following up with a wicked sick counter.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

I don't understand how Mattel/WWE/whoever would be mad about blood, but is ok with "HOLY poo poo" and "YOU hosed UP" chants. I guess you can't take images of those and share them without context, though.

edit: or a demon with a chainsaw that shits himself, for that matter

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Helicity posted:

I don't understand how Mattel/WWE/whoever would be mad about blood, but is ok with "HOLY poo poo" and "YOU hosed UP" chants. I guess you can't take images of those and share them without context, though.

edit: or a demon with a chainsaw that shits himself, for that matter

Nobody in the crowd is beholden to Mattel or WWE and can say whatever they want. They can say fag if they want to. They can look at your post and say "Wow, this guy is a big fat fag", while we at the Something Awful forums can't due to an ever shifting terms of service and we wouldn't because of basic human decency.

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

Spermgod posted:

Just saw someone mention on Twitter that the entrance hides the fact that he himself isn't really over at a main event level. I don't know if I agree with that but it's an interesting thought.

Completely inaccurate. Finn moves a shitload of merchandise and the crowd was completely split between him and Joe.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I don't really understand Bayley's baby-walk whenever she's setting up a move. She stomps away with her arms out like a toddler crushing sand castles and then comes back for a corner strike or a kick or something, it's weird.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Does anyone know where I can find the shirt Asuka wore to the ring?

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
I see we've reached "Finn Balor was always bad" status.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Keg posted:

Well Zayn was good last night so someone had to become king bad

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
There were some great spots in that match, but it really did feel like Joe's bleeding took something away from the match. If we didn't have those moments where everything stopped I think it would've felt like a much better struggle against the odds.

I'd actually like to see this turn into an even deeper feud.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

Spikeguy posted:

Does anyone know where I can find the shirt Asuka wore to the ring?
It's on WWE's shop
http://shop.wwe.com/t-shirts/?prefn1=superstar&prefv1=Asuka
They have 32% off all t-shirts this weekend, too.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

I don't think saying "Finn Balor's entrance is a bit disconnected to the way he wrestles and the crowds respond more to his entrances than his offense in matches" actually translates to "Balor was always bad."

And to be even more fair to him Balor is pretty much at the top of the entrance game other than the stupid dreadlocks, and I seriously thought his frustration at the ref stoppages actually lead to him appearing to have more aggression than he comes across with in a lot of his matches which added to the match.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

Keg posted:

Plenty of people have never thought he was as great as the hype, going back to his NJPW days. Maybe not here but this place tends to be more hivemindy than some.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

A chainsaw in your entrance is a Chekov's gun of wrestling and I am sad they did not go full CZW.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004
I think he's pretty good. Not the best in the world, though still great. But he has such an amazing theatrical presence. And a great theatrical presence goes a long way in to making guys who aren't the best in the world. Example Numero Uno: The Undertaker.

Now when you combine best in the world and great theatrical presence, that's when you get Nakamura.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I thought Corbin's heat segments were loving awful in that match, but I also think that if Aries was going to win he should have gotten more offense in. I said it in the GDT at the time, but I don't know who they were expecting to benefit from that match as they booked/agented it.

I also thought that Finn bringing the chainsaw to the ring was really stupid.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Finn is good, but I can't say I've ever been excited for him instead of his opponent. Also wishing demon-mode gave him powers beyond "competitive match with Breeze".

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

pressedbunny posted:

It's on WWE's shop
http://shop.wwe.com/t-shirts/?prefn1=superstar&prefv1=Asuka
They have 32% off all t-shirts this weekend, too.
That new HHH shirt up top is goddamn hideous.

Grozz Nuy posted:

I thought Corbin's heat segments were loving awful in that match, but I also think that if Aries was going to win he should have gotten more offense in. I said it in the GDT at the time, but I don't know who they were expecting to benefit from that match as they booked/agented it.
Aries gets a debut win, Corbin gets a claim to a rematch since he dominated and only got taken down by a flash pin.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Spermgod posted:

I will say that Aries' selling and bumping probably played something of a role in Corbin looking so good. When it was Aries' turn to go on offense though he didn't really impress.
He looked like he was wrestling for a house show instead of a big event, but then again its not like he could do things to corbin given the size and experience difference.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Grozz Nuy posted:

I also thought that Finn bringing the chainsaw to the ring was really stupid.

aries stole that win, he was obviously physically outmatched vs corbin but he got the win due to smart veteran opportunist pin. I was fine w/ his lack of offense in their first match

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

What is up with Corbin's jelly belly? He's not even fat but that thing is so jiggly

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

bradzilla posted:

What is up with Corbin's jelly belly? He's not even fat but that thing is so jiggly

Recovering fat boy most likely.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

bradzilla posted:

some people have to work hard for a perfect physique and some people like baron corbin are born blessed

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

bradzilla posted:

Was an American Football and used to weight way more.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
He's come a long way from that photo where he's incredibly pale and has visible stretch marks.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Misread the post my bad

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Spermgod posted:

Plenty of people have never thought he was as great as the hype, going back to his NJPW days. Maybe not here but this place tends to be more hivemindy than some.

See I don't get that; he was electric in NJPW even before the Bullet Club; I think part of the problem is that Devitt tore the place up because he was so quick and yet deceptively strong which paid off great in stiff flippy do matches like the Super Juniors would have.

Working the WWE style has limited him from really tearing the house down, imo, he's still got the charisma and technical skill but it's not the same experience. I DO think they need to turn him heel soon though; he is such an insufferable douche as a bad guy that I think it will make up for the watered down in-ring stuff.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Just watched it, drat that was a good show. Nakamura vs Zayn was loving great as I thought it would be. Also Kota loving Ibushi in the house.

Not sure about the main fight though, the pacing was a bit weird with all the stoppages.

Pistol Packin Poet
Nov 5, 2012

Everyone needs an
escape goat!
wish i bought Nakamura's NJPW shirt off prowrestlingtees. dammit. The new WWE shirt sucks

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

rovert posted:

Was an American Football and used to weight way more.

There's a pig skin joke here somewhere.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004
Daniel Bryan is a farm and Roman Reigns was a football.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Skaw posted:

Daniel Bryan is a farm and Roman Reigns was a football.

And everyone is praying for WWE to punt.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Cabbit posted:

And everyone is praying for WWE to punt.

Vince is Lucy and we are all Charlie Brown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
:(

I Miss the Big Boss Man

he was one of my favorites

:(

• Locked thread