Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bacalou

we're not going to draw every day of the month but we'd love to see what you're working on!

please dump art here

Somebody fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Apr 3, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Blues

my eyes widened in slight reactive dread, and then i laughed, softly, as a cloudbank releases its tension in rain

FluffieDuckie

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

:ninja:

oh thank god

Planet Idiot

dang
i almost started drawing

FutonForensic

FluffieDuckie

hey bac, maybe instead of making hilarious jokes you could announce the winners of the march contest which has been closed for at least 12 hours now....

DeepQantas

Ah, to be a Hero... Keeping such company...
Day 1 - The New Artening

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

Day 2 - The Art Rises

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
Day 3: Art Harder

DeepQantas

Live Free or Die Art

schmarson

MY DUDES

Woo new month!

EDIT: OMG I thought this was real! Darn it! Oh well.

FluffieDuckie

omg i love your frog :love:

MrWillsauce

more like fart

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

schmarson posted:

Woo new month!

EDIT: OMG I thought this was real! Darn it! Oh well.

a great frog!

hi how are you ♥

schmarson

MY DUDES

FluffieDuckie posted:

omg i love your frog :love:

Haha thanks guys!
But seriously more art threads would be great. That last one really helped me get out of a rut and I'm having fun drawing again. Can't believe I fell for this joke thread though lol. I mean DeepQantas drew something too.

FluffieDuckie

i'm glad you drew us a frog

we'll do another one but we're going to let everyone rest for a little bit first

MrWillsauce

please post your pretty frogs in the wednesday thread

Commie NedFlanders

maybe this can be an april free for all art depository for people who got the drawing bug last month but don't want the pressure of commitment.

just drop in your doodles from time to time to share, no pressure!

☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭
Love God, Love Thy Neighbor
☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

here's the stuff I'm working on:

gotta do 100 or so images of roughly this type by the end of the month so i'm stressed and kind of regretting all my life choices that led me to this point

hi how are you ♥

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

here's the stuff I'm working on:

gotta do 100 or so images of roughly this type by the end of the month so i'm stressed and kind of regretting all my life choices that led me to this point

that would make an awesome coloring book

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

Luvcow posted:

that would make an awesome coloring book

thanks! they're for a choose your own adventure book

hi how are you ♥

MrWillsauce

you know I love that weird space alien poo poo, Saint Boner. You know that's my jam.

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

MrWillsauce posted:

you know I love that weird space alien poo poo, Saint Boner. You know that's my jam.

I know, that's the whole reason I started on this enterprise

MrWillsauce

duuude...

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

:grin:

more space junk (this took ages even if it doesn't look like it should have)

Saint Isaias Boner fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Apr 4, 2016

zidane13

by Smythe
Space flight cancelled, backtrack to the terminal, gotta find you before I leave
Take you with me on a journey through the star-sea, in time, we'll climb high
Together again, I'll hold your hand as our minds meld and we bask in the sushine

A new craze, stay away from lazy daze days and beats that lock you in place
Only that which moves will ever replace the gloomy face, like a relay race
I gotta take a chance and make a play, begin again no more, love is over

-

What do the words I write mean? Nothing more than things I wish could be
Dreams, silly things, whatever will better hide me away from having to begin
You answered a call, I offered a chance to b-ball, neither had the rules on hand
And so we collapsed into who is and what then, ourselves hidden in mists
As if, I gave you everything I wanted and nothing more, what you gave
Was nothing I cared about, just wanted to play a game, well no more.

Attack you so you attack me so I can bleed and justify my life to me
If you aren't the same then you're a victim, but I'm not sorry
You'd watch it burn, I'd cut you down, final act, end of play in sight
You wouldn't survive my night, couldn't take my plight
Not that I'm special, I just don't lose fights, in my mind I'll always be right
'Cause what I feel is the only thing real, no matter what you say
I'll never realize an ideal.

Just leave me alone and live your life, I was born on a dead-end street
And I have neither the desire nor will to leave the home chosen for me
Alone is where I'll always be, so go, be whoever you can be
I don't want to turn into anyone else but me.

-

Like the Hecatonchires, I have a hundred fists. Your many faces won't be any help, I'll beat you out of you until you see yourself as a singular you. If you become more then I'll take responsibility for that, too, and keep punching until I'm through.

-

This silence, it tingles,
A race down my spine trapping me in time
I lost it, then I lost it again to find
That I must keep pace, and not let anything
Else on my mind, keep me from falling behind
The slow but steady climb up these stairs to heaven
Who knows what I'll find? Every step brings a thousand
Shifts in my style and rhyme

I just need to climb

Higher and higher, can't stop here, a love gone blind
A tower I now must climb alone, I've climbed so high now,
But even further I must go

Don't get swept undertow

Let it flow, run from the glow

As head crashes down on a marshmallow cloud
I'm displaced into space, my world no longer round
I can go anywhere, no longer bound

-

You sowed these seeds of disorder,
Laid claim to the lands between the border
Now you're caught in the battle between
Two sides, chaos and order
Only thing keeping you here
Is a veil, can you keep it on?
Once they who you are,
They'll start dropping bombs.

dump poetry, about me and other depressing people.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

zidane13

by Smythe

:grin:

more space junk (this took ages even if it doesn't look like it should have)

everything you do is rad as gently caress dude.

----------------

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

zidane13 posted:

everything you do is rad as gently caress dude.

thanks man

good to see more of your writing, it still owns

zidane13

by Smythe
thanks! gonna take that as a challenge, this is not rad. :v: i wanna change my username to bonezjobber now though.

peter parker wore a pair of black lace panties as he picked at his speckled pear. The sound of falling coins sparked from his speakers,

"thanks, bonezjobber! love you!" he said, and blew a kiss at the webcam. "400 more and I'll show you my rear end!" he bent over and spanked his rear end for the webcam.

more coins falling. "thank you so much, roy1940! and sohotsoreadysowhen! almost guys!!" he sat back down and started to eat his pear, slurping loudly and making lewd noises. "mmm, sooOOO good!" he moaned, and leaned in to read the chatbox, after sticking his tongue out at the camera.

smiling, he typed, "i love drinking cum, would you let me drink yours?" and sat back, returning to his mastication. not long after, more coins fell through his speakers, and he giggled, then laughed. "oh, wow! you're the best, everbeenhiltedbyshrek! thank you so much! and no I haven't, how was it?" he smiled widely, and bent over, dropping his panties as again coins fell.

the scene now shifts to the man behind the username, who closes the window, and moves his mouse to another tab, clicking. a large black butt appears, being spread open. "just a little more, and I'll gently caress my rear end for y'all! mmm, come on babies!" moaned his speakers.

-

Shattered hall, a howl triumphant, watch as I don a cowl
Not so gracefully, it swings around and hitches in my belt, it's skulls
I pull it out and stand my ground.

Born in battle I was swung around by my umbilical cord same as I would later my sword
Tied to a rope I swing it to and fro, dancing around mad as a clown, I drown you out with a sound
In my ears, honed after years of blasting bass and grinding gears, cutting you down as I do my fears

-

Spectral flood, ghosts blood, triangular shapes and then off to my nuts
A curious shape, three dots inside of three curves, signifying souls in bodies
Standing up, tipped over, upside down

That's how my ideas flow, do something unrelated and in through the window comes something
I don't know what, never really care, anything I haven't seen is more than enough to make me stare
"Kan re nao" ringing in my ears, no hustle or bustle in my muscle, and too dry for tears

Semen and poo poo cover my bed, my breath smells like what I will when I'm dead, inside my head is nothing except when it's soul crushing, and speaking of the soul, I don't know how much is left but I'll get it, one of these days, yeah, catch it
In the crossfire of my airways, burnt up from a constant hunger to blaze - but at least now I got a deeper voice,
The better with which to assume my role as the devils choice advocate, telling you what you could do to be cool
If you'd only grab it, take my hand, you fool now it's a habit, what can't you understand about you doing you

It's never good, just self-defeating, leading yourself on a journey so fleeting only to return, why not stay there?
Don't come just go, further and further until you can't no 'mo, if only I didn't get so bored, a need to change my mode
So often I can't just ignore it, I need to be new or everything will be boring, but I'm finding a place in the interspace, a mooring.

-

I want out of here, I want anywhere but here, I want to leave. I want to go away. I don't care where as long as it's not here. Take me away, oh God, take me away - and he does. And I go. And I fly. And I see...

Trees, clouds, lights, fading, darkness, I'm in space now. I turn around. I see stars, billions of them, each their own. Some are even more when you get up close, some less. Many share qualities, if not quantities. They don't move much, instead let others see them in different perspectives. They want to flicker, and be hard to reach, it feels. If you got close to them, you'd know them, and they don't want that - so they stay so far that if you traveled to them, they may just be gone. They'll never touch you, but with great effort, you may touch them.

Is it worth it? If you deem it so. They are worlds of their own, with all that implies.

-

F2/13
Dear Journal,
Went to work, clocked in, second shift. Nothing particularly interesting happened, but... The presence. I didn't feel it today. It was here all week, but not today. Where did it go?

F4/13
Dear Journal,
I burned a sick day, just needed some time to myself. Went to the forest again, decided I had been here enough, time to explore off the paths. Total times smacked in face by branch: 9, by spiderweb: 3, by realization that I was now lost: 1.

I entered the forest at around 10 AM. It is now 4:29 AM. I am going to bed.

F13/13
Dear Journal

Well, aside from sleeping two full days, nothing interesting has been happening. I don't mind this, after all that happened.

Finally completed my vase, just need to paint it. Still haven't decided what I'll do with it; I enjoyed making it, but it took a lot out of me. Maybe I'll sell it, probably wouldn't even make cost back.

F15/13
hey journal i don't have a lot of time things are out of control what was that thing where gently caress it's

F14/13
Huh, you're right where I left you. Well, I didn't use you for much before, but now, boy, do I have a lot to tell you, journal.
Before tomorrow comes again, and I die again - wait, if I use you, maybe... Huh. Well, let's get started, then.

Well, Journal, you know me, I'm Grant David Jones. I'm 35, well, anyway, I'm single, how about you haha, just kidding uh, anyway Journal... what am I doing? No matter what I write, come tomorrow, I'll be dead and back to the beginning of the week.

But everything stays destroyed. The monster comes, destroys it all, kills me, and I come back. It sounds so crazy because it is! Why is this happening? Nothing is even left anymore, except for you, Journal. I hadn't thought about you in forever, but then I had nowhere to go. When I found you after digging in the rubble where my home

That the pen that was clipped to it's cover still worked

But I haven't written in you all week, why is what I wrote so long ago still there? Will this stay when I die tomorrow?
Why do only I remain the same?

I see nothing but rubble, debris around me. It's the same everywhere a week from here. I don't know about beyond that, the monster never lets me go farther than that. I will die tomorrow and come back, to die in a week.

I know you're just a journal, but you're more than enough to me. In you is a me before this week. I feel there's little more I can hope for now but continuity, and a farther hope, that perhaps someone will read this.

i don't have more to write right now, though, journal. but perhaps next cycle.

-
my bed is nice and clean, relatedly. man I write a lot, never really noticed, it just happens.

zidane13 fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Apr 4, 2016

----------------

ChairmanMeow

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!

thanks! they're for a choose your own adventure book

did this get funded?

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

ChairmanMeow posted:

did this get funded?

nah, just means I have to do 100 illustrations instead of 80 but the thing's still gonna get done.

the guy I was gonna hire is really good though so it's a shame.

DeepQantas

Would you mind if I took a stab at an image or two just for fun, Isaias? No expectations, but hit me up with a description and any size/technical requirements and I'll try to draw it... see if it's any good.

ChairmanMeow

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!

nah, just means I have to do 100 illustrations instead of 80 but the thing's still gonna get done.

the guy I was gonna hire is really good though so it's a shame.

i'm sorry, this is really worthwhile

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

DeepQantas posted:

Would you mind if I took a stab at an image or two just for fun, Isaias? No expectations, but hit me up with a description and any size/technical requirements and I'll try to draw it... see if it's any good.

If you want to have a go there are a few things I could use. Interstitial graphics are always handy - I could use a 11cm by 2-5 cm (just over 4 in by 1-2 in) drawing of cool space junk on a space background. If you're in the mood for something larger and more detailed I could use a 4*4in drawing of a busted up star ship (the ones in this book are about a mile long). Otherwise there are about 50 item cards needing 2" * 2" graphics, including such exciting objects as futuristic fire extinguisher, several varieties of Alien Currency (can be literally anything), lascalpel and a stellar tracking bug. Whatever you like really.

E: they gotta be 300dpi or they won't print up properly too

I'm not in a position to pay anything right now and I doubt this book is going to make any money but if I use anything you make I'll be sure to credit you and give you something worthless like an av cert or paypal some beer money or the like.

Saint Isaias Boner fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Apr 5, 2016

hi how are you ♥

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

ChairmanMeow posted:

i'm sorry, this is really worthwhile

I think it will probably turn out OK but its real use was in teaching me how to do one of these books at all. When I take a swing at Sword of the Bastard Elf or whatever later this year it will be a serious attempt at making something great. Going into this I'd never written anything longer than a term paper on my own, never designed a game, couldn't use inDesign, didn't know how printing worked, couldn't make videos, set up webpages, advertise...heaps of stuff. I made lots of mistakes that cost me probably a couple hundred hours of work over all but which will never happen again. A net gain I think.

MrWillsauce

I'll buy your book even though you're a big jerk who probed me, Saint Boner. Void Racers is awesome.

Hogge Wild

by FactsAreUseless
SIB, put your Patreon in your profile, or at the top of your homepage, it was really hard to find.

----------------

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

Hogge Wild posted:

SIB, put your Patreon in your profile, or at the top of your homepage, it was really hard to find.

well it's like this: i don't make any money off patreon or particularly trust it so I don't want to make everyone think I'm begging for cash when I'm really just using it as a mailing list which sometimes dispenses a picture or a book. If someone asks me about it I tell 'em where it is and if someone searches for it they might find it but it's kind of embarrassing.

this sort of approach is probably part of why my kickstarter failed but at least I still have my pride goddamnit.

MrWillsauce posted:

I'll buy your book even though you're a big jerk who probed me, Saint Boner. Void Racers is awesome.

thanks dawg I wish I could take that probation back now or at least the series of lies which led up to it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

last entry for a while because i don't want to be the only dude posting pictures:

I know this stuff's kinda ropey but I have to work fast. Plus it suits the writing style of the book, which is kinda ropey.

• Locked thread