Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Papa Was A Video Toaster

I finally got my drum controller behaving how I want, watch me VJ on YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/OscarWilde360/live

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

TVsVeryOwn posted:

Missed it but I subscribed!

Papa Was A Video Toaster

TVsVeryOwn posted:

Doing it again

Flavius Aetass
made this one this morning with office supplies

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
Looks like she's gonna sneak up on someone with that ratt

It's good!

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Flavius Aetass posted:

oh dang

Manifisto

Flavius Aetass posted:

congRATulations

on a good art

Macnult

Flavius Aetass posted:

this is v good :)

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

I posted one of my wife's drawings in another thread, and I thought I'd share some of her artwork here as she's amazing.

She makes all these cool, little drawings that are weird and deeply personal.

She uses ink, watercolor and gouache. She doesn't sketch at all, she knows where she wants the lines and just puts them there. I'm extremely jealous of this.

They can be difficult to parse, but often feature contradictions of the self and an over-arching figure of indifferent authority, usually featuring a disparity between the male and female.

Sometimes the figures switch positions.

She doesn't make artwork for anybody but herself.

Everything in her drawings is about differences of place and power.

I love this one.

Her paintings speak in the same artistic language as her drawings, but are larger and more finished.

And dancing.

I feel like her images are uniquely iconic.

Finally, this is her latest. She did it on the back of an envelope of all things. You can see her style evolving. Her new work is more involved and she's allowing herself to get messy (my influence, maybe.) The careless marks and brush-strokes allow her to pull more images out of the paper in a kind of investigation of the sub-conscious. It's an exciting new direction and I'm dying for more of her new stuff.

I find her work amazingly engaging and wonderful. We were told when we were dating that artists should never marry each other because the competition will tear the relationship apart. On the contrary, however, we have influenced each other so much and grown together so much as artists, that there's no way I'd be where I am today without her influence.

I hope you all like it as well. Thank you.

Flavius Aetass
Oh my god, those are incredible

Papa Was A Video Toaster

Marry her again!

Robot Made of Meat

Lovely arts. She should have an account!

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Flavius Aetass posted:

:drat:

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

I posted one of my wife's drawings in another thread, and I thought I'd share some of her artwork here as she's amazing.

Flavius Aetass posted:

Oh my god, those are incredible

TVsVeryOwn posted:

Marry her again!

Robot Made of Meat posted:

Lovely arts. She should have an account!

Manifisto

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

I love these

this one somehow reminds me of the story The Yellow Wall Paper . . . is it related?

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

Manifisto posted:

I love these

this one somehow reminds me of the story The Yellow Wall Paper . . . is it related?

It might be. She reads a ton more than I do.

Farecoal

There he go

wow. nice job, loving idiot. great. awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twoday

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Flavius Aetass posted:

drat that's nice

DISCLAIMER: THIS POST DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE
The information, including but not limited to, text, graphics, images and other material contained within this post are for informational purposes only. No material in this post is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or treatment and before undertaking a new health care regimen, and never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read in this post or the replies to this post.

• Locked thread