Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luvcow

One day nearer spring
Day 3: Art Harder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

here's the stuff I'm working on:

gotta do 100 or so images of roughly this type by the end of the month so i'm stressed and kind of regretting all my life choices that led me to this point

that would make an awesome coloring book

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

DeepQantas posted:

darkened up the previous (click for huge)

DeepQantas posted:

first stab at greyscale painting

i had no idea you were such a talented artist until these last few months

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

blaise rascal posted:

Working on my final project for my drawing class

thats really cool looking

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

that came out really loving cool

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Macnult posted:

last week when it was nice outside I decided try something new and play around with ink on canvas, just to get a feel for it before actually working on something. normally I wouldn't think anything of it but a few of my friends saw it sitting in my room and liked it/thought it was an abstract piece. I told them otherwise but they didn't care. that's art, I suppose.

its really cool looking

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

I'm having trouble drawing ghosts that aren't also skeletons

FluffieDuckie posted:

this is spectacular :love:

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
two sunrises in acrylic

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

I love your stuff but for whatever reason the pictures don't show up in your posts, I gotta quote them to get the urls. it's still worth it so I always do it anyway.

Did you paint those at the beachside or is it from imagination?

its the tiny pic thing i guess, I'm not sure how to size them right on imgur without having to timg them

done from imagination for a class that wanted sunrise over beach theme, had to be doable within an hour

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

ExtraQuiet posted:

the best i can do?

these are really cool looking

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

FluffieDuckie posted:

this probably doesn't count as an art, but i made mom a mother's day card using cut up pieces of fabric from a fabric sample book

thats really cool, collage is absolutely art

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

lmbo calrissian posted:

design work was fun for my first exhibit. want to get into that type of work again and get more elaborate esp w/ font work

this looks really nice, but its tilting now ever so slightly

edit: the longer i look the more it tilts...

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Macnult posted:

Playing around with Photoshop led to this.

Gomi Day posted:

i kinda wanna see your avatar surfing that..

this

its a beautiful picture, really dark feeling

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Kangaroo Pouch posted:

hi i am kind of intimidated by this thread but i drew this yesterday and i am very happy with it! (should i nws this? shes got her boobs out a bit but i dunno if it counts as nws)

also i love all of the art in this thread u guys are all great at what u do

never be intimidated here

thats really cool, love the colors, who is she flicking off?

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
art dump bump: more mice

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

not going to be getting sick of those mice any time soon, luvcow. they are very good

ty, hoping the imgur is working better for people (goodbye tinypic :()

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

this is what my sketchbook looks like. I like to organize my drawing ideas into hundreds of thumbnails, so that I have composition ideas at all times.

here is a better example. I have pages and pages of these things, just so I won't run out of ideas, and since they're tiny thumbnails, you don't have to worry about them being good or anything.

this is so cool to see

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Macnult posted:

Nice! I've been thinking about using comic panels to get better at drawing.

Since I dislocated my shoulder on Monday I've set a goal to get more comfortable with using graphite and to start drawing regularly again. Drew this little fellow last night:

If anyone has any advice or tips on using graphite/drawing in general I'd really appreciate it. Patience is one of my weaknesses I've noticed so far and I know my technique is pretty sloppy to begin with.

thats really good actually

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

derg posted:

I'm taking a break for a while

i like this, is it paint?

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

shurnarkabtishutu posted:

last week's drawing

wow

what are you using?

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
wwjjgd

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

FluffieDuckie posted:

that was so insanely good i thought i was looking at a photo

there have been many like this, so good

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
i like 4a and 5a

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Here is the finished character portrait with the three different armor levels.

very cool

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

should I even keep posting my drawings?

ya

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
always cool to see them, thank you posting them and hope you continue too

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
with antlers

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

gently caress. marry. t-rex posted:

Here's one that is sort of "byob"

its good

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

hey jive where you been?

Here's the thing in color, ready to go on the front of a book when i get round to it

love your style

Tiberius Thyben posted:

Here is a doodle of a crow trying to drive a sports car, inspired by an LP of Need for Speed.

this is funny and good and i didn't know you were an artist but hope you keep these coming

Scathach posted:

First sketch thing on the new tablet, simple style I might use for a comic I wanna do. Anyone looking for a drawing tablet needs to try out the Samsung Note Pro.

this is really good and i love the blues in the background and your lines and the creepy/meditative vibe

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

thats a map even tolkein would love

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Macnult posted:

here is a bird i drew. the shading could have been better but i'm still happy with the result

thats really good

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
I went to my parents place today and ended up helping my mom make some little houses for their annual craft fair. This is my tower made from a coffee can, pea gravel, day lilly stems, a pine cone, two acorns, a marble and a glue gun that burned me multiple loving times:

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Salmiakki posted:

i love it. id like to think this is the home of the mouse in your av

it would be but it's going to be sold for like $10 at the fair to raise money for the UU church's programs and charities :(

i originally wanted to put a little windmill on it or a water wheel but i figured it was good enough just to finish it today and say goodbye to it, hope it gets a nice home

FluffieDuckie posted:

that's adorable and i love that you're doing crafts with your mom

try low heat glue guns instead. i had to get one after the great glue gun incident of 2009

ya she is the best, she was the mom who made all the costumes for the school plays and played the piano for all the school musicals, her little craft group makes amazing things

Luvcow fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Sep 25, 2016

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

this would look really cool framed

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Gatekeeper posted:

a lady i know is hindu and her household deity is tha big guy Lord Shiva and she commissioned a painting for her shrine

she liked it so much that she paid me more than we had agreed upon :^)

feels p good

:love: those blues

your style is very cool

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Gatekeeper posted:

i found a really terrible painting of camels in the desert in someone's trash the other day but hey, free big ol' honkin canvas!

i was learning about yantras from a buddy and i like em, a cool thingy representing a crazy deity. Ganesh is my main dude, i like his belly and his lil mouse friend and his origin story is better than batman and superman's combined. this is ganesh's yantra only instead of usual Indian hindu colors i tried doin it with the color palette i usually like, silly blues and purps and magennies and nice gentle greens. It's messy bc my hand is damaged from tinnitus(?) and it kept hurtin real bad after a few minutes of expressing myself but i made it as best i could and I'm proud as heck :)

this is really cool and beautiful and once again i love your blues

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

It's been a week since anyone took an art dump so I'm gonna CPR this thread with more printmaking

i really like this

but i like these even more, especially the second one

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
Doing a sketch class with some kids and recently been working with them to draw from pictures which gives me the chance to sketch with them albeit i'm sketching upside down from the other side of the table so they can follow along.

Ends up being really fun because the drawings are quick and dirty and usually just in a number 2 pencil so it's kinda like back in school when i'd just draw in my notebooks during classes when the teacher wasn't looking except i'm doing it upside down and never quite sure how accurate it will look once i turn it right side up.

First two are from a bird magazine:

an old man from a nat geo article about blindness:

wolverine from the two or three weeks they wanted to draw from comic books:

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Manifisto posted:

these are really great, although that hummingbird looks like she's not having any of my poo poo

do you ever have your students deliberately draw stuff upside down? that's a technique I vaguely recall for people getting into art, a quick google suggests it came from Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain, which doesn't surprise me

i haven't with these guys yet but i have with others in the past. i left my job in june and these are my only two students right now, they're still just working on moving from sketching whats in their head to actually studying still life and photos to work on proper proportions, light and shadow and framing. they are really talented kids though so it's definitely a possibility in the future to do with them. i'm just fine it fun to go back to quick sketches because i've mainly been painting for the last few years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
a character i painted for concept art for a friend's book idea:

• Locked thread