Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flavius Aetass
Hey I don't usually post here but I could really use a chill time. Here's a self-portrait I've been working on. Had to erase the eyes but it's coming along.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavius Aetass

Manifisto posted:

very nice! what's the medium?

also come introduce yourself in the hello&chat thread if you're so inclined

Thanks! It's oil.

Flavius Aetass
Oil pastels? What's the dark blue? I really like it.

Flavius Aetass
haha i love it

:fruitsmith:

Flavius Aetass
I want these as a shower curtain

Flavius Aetass
I made a picture of my cat, Goblin

Flavius Aetass

Android Blues posted:

look! i made a pulsating bubble!

i really like how this came out. :)

I really like the colors you used. And with the strength of the outline and the forcefulness of the pulse it reminds me of Gak somehow.

Flavius Aetass

Spinster posted:

Drew this for my GBS Goontoon thread

That's great. It reminds me of old illustrations for like, the Phantom Tollbooth and such. Very nice, vaguely mid-century linework.

I made this last night for a friend. It's her cats.

Flavius Aetass

Macnult posted:

I love this. Is that ink or watercolor?

Thanks! It's mostly ink with touches of watercolor for the yellow fur and the red mock seal.

Flavius Aetass
this is from a while back, but my friends made a bet that whoever's team lost a certain game, that person would have to have their portrait painted by me in the opposing team's jersey

also made this still-life recently while giving my friend an intro to painting crash course (although i'm not an expert myself!)

Flavius Aetass fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Jan 3, 2018

Flavius Aetass

Macnult posted:

That’s a really good bet idea and an excellent painting

thanks! looking back i wish i had neutralized that blue a bit and sharpened the foreground images, even if they aren't the focus, but overall i'm pretty proud of it

Flavius Aetass

cda posted:

Holy loving poo poo dude, how long did that take you to do and did he have to pose or did you work from a photo or what

I went over to his house and took a bunch of photos with different poses and lighting and worked from the best of those. I'm not sure how long it took me since when I paint I'm often taking breaks or just thinking. Several sessions over the course of a few weeks.

cda posted:

Also, gently caress the Cowboys.

:yeah:

Flavius Aetass

cda posted:

Cool. I really love it. The whole tableaux is really well chosen and the expression on his face & body language is perfect. Did you keep it or who got it?

thanks! the guy who won the bet who is actually a cowboys fan got it

Flavius Aetass
hey byob, have some pie to go with your lemonade

Flavius Aetass
nooo :(

Flavius Aetass
i'm usually not pro altering art, but i think that's really neat under the circumstances

looks great, too!

Flavius Aetass

made this a few years ago for my boss as a wedding present and just found a picture i took. it's a little blurry but i thought i had lost it entirely.

figured noble doggos were a good byob picture.

Flavius Aetass
those irises are gorgeous :eyepop:

Flavius Aetass
I have no qualms about posting stuff I've done for myself or as a gift, but I always check before posting anything online I've done on commission, and I make it a rule to never post source images for commission pieces. I've found most people follow the same rules, roughly.

Flavius Aetass

Flavius Aetass
my ex just told me she's dating my former life drawing instructor

loving owned, wow

Flavius Aetass
I know this is more e/n stuff but I've always been pretty proud of my art and I've never felt more like an amateur pretending to be an artist :(

Flavius Aetass
made this one this morning with office supplies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavius Aetass
Oh my god, those are incredible

• Locked thread