Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Manifisto

I like that a lot, I feel like you should have been illustrating books/stories during the golden age of SF (whatever that means, don't press me on it).

This particular painting somehow makes me think of Gene Wolfe's "Mathoms From the Time Closet: 1: Robot's Story" from the anthology Again, Dangerous Visions

read the story here, maybe

ty nesamdoom!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

Luvcow posted:

Doing a sketch class with some kids and recently been working with them to draw from pictures which gives me the chance to sketch with them albeit i'm sketching upside down from the other side of the table so they can follow along.

Ends up being really fun because the drawings are quick and dirty and usually just in a number 2 pencil so it's kinda like back in school when i'd just draw in my notebooks during classes when the teacher wasn't looking except i'm doing it upside down and never quite sure how accurate it will look once i turn it right side up.

these are really great, although that hummingbird looks like she's not having any of my poo poo

do you ever have your students deliberately draw stuff upside down? that's a technique I vaguely recall for people getting into art, a quick google suggests it came from Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain, which doesn't surprise me

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

social vegan posted:

this is awesome!

it really is, I hope that book gets off the ground

Manifisto

Jedrick posted:

Started painting again.

cool!

Manifisto

Zorodius posted:

trying to comprehend a tree

wow, that's great!

Manifisto

[wipes brow, tugs at collar, desperately tries to think of compliment that isn't "dot's nice"]

Manifisto

but seriously

it's amazing, period

Manifisto

Gatekeeper posted:

xmas prezzie for mom because she actually sincerely enjoys things i make for her and doesn't just say that to make me feel better :unsmith:

never painted a landscapey thing before, I kinda did this particular stream with my pupper running free through cold crisp dirty staten island water entirely from memory and I feel like the furthest background is a bit fucky.

should there be like, a trace of a slightly darker shaded hill behind this? with even tinier fuzzy hard-to-make-out trees? i like all of it except that far background. i'll surely spend now until the last possible shipping date noodling around with it so any advice from you talented yobbers is cool and nice and appreciated :)

my advice: be proud of it, it's great

Manifisto

it's beautiful and I imagine your illuminati overlords will be incredibly pleased with their new "green" logo

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

Scathach posted:

I finally had sketching time so i made some sky

I love this

Manifisto

MrWillsauce posted:

luvcow I still want your art on my walls

:same:

Manifisto

Luvcow posted:

I need to catch up on this thread. There is so much art itt that I would love on my walls. What if we did an art exchange thread where people send a piece out and them receive a piece from someone else?

I would be provisionally up for that but I'd be concerned that whatever I did wouldn't be up to the caliber of the real artists. what I'm saying is, people would need to have . . . um, moderate expectations

Manifisto

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

I don't generally post drawings at this point in the process, but I haven't posted anything in a while.

excellent . . . it reminds me of something

oh yeah, your art

Manifisto

Rushi posted:

oh my gosh i need to remember hedgehog i'm sorry :(

I've been working on bird shapes cause cute birds are pretty popular atm

tiny birb good birb

Manifisto

I think it's done?

that is really amazing

do you hang these somewhere? you should

Manifisto

My wife and I are putting a show together that should open later in the year.

nice!

I was gonna say you should tell byob the details, but there is every chance yobbers will show up at the opening, drink all the free cheap wine, and start making jokes to everyone present, including the non-goons, about the goddamn buncar and knife to meet you and whatnot

so what I'm saying is, let us know

Manifisto

Al! posted:

hi folks im friends with zyla we run this chat thing 2gether he thought u might like this

sorry thats a lot of gifs!!!

Al! posted:

ty ty ty 4 the warm welcome everyone

i am actually (sorta very slowly) working on an adventure game kinda about politics but mostly about cspam jokes. pardon the politics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_Ev3xqL0UY

DavidAlltheTime posted:

I've been obsessively making linoprints. Nothing beats carvin' that buttery rubber!

great stuff!

Manifisto

real nap poo poo posted:

hi i dont really post in here but i read it sometimes anyways here is some music i made i hope that is cool

https://mathbonus.bandcamp.com/album/ghost

perhaps u will find it chill and hear some of my soul anyway have a good day

I've listened to the first three tracks, am currently listening to the fourth, I dig it! thanks for sharing.

and look at you, you're posting in here now, why stop when you're on a roll?

e: oh yeah, I meant so say earlier: the art by mrs. gsjg is rad!

Manifisto fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Jan 27, 2017

Manifisto

I actually finished this last week, but I'm so very, very lazy that I never posted it.

this is so great

I can't decide whether I want to marry an astronaut lady or a painter who will paint me as an astronaut

Manifisto

Picnic Princess posted:

I've been painting mandalas and stuff in hopes of selling some t-shirts or something someday

woah I really like this

I'm a mandala fan so it's right up my alley

Manifisto

Flavius Belisarius posted:

Hey I don't usually post here but I could really use a chill time. Here's a self-portrait I've been working on. Had to erase the eyes but it's coming along.

very nice! what's the medium?

also come introduce yourself in the hello&chat thread if you're so inclined

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

heh

I did not even notice the animation until I looked at the full-sized version

but the painting is really good, thanks for sharing

I like this and would like to travel by this method

do the amish travel by cat chariot? I might think a bit more seriously about joining the amish

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

Android Blues posted:

so i've been doing a bunch of symmetrical tile art lately. i'm really really enjoying it and having a lot of fun applying the digital painting/illustration skills i've built up to a new style :)

really cool! is this digital or some other medium?

Manifisto

Android Blues posted:

a new creation !

I like this very much (and the other ones too). this one in particular i would like to sip a rum-based tropical beverage out of.

Manifisto

Spinster posted:

:smaug: The Goone's delivering a present to their neighbors.

haha

Manifisto

well it is not "art"

nor is it finished, really

but it is certainly a thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOH-YnBQ9JU

(hum the theme to "fantasy island" in your head while viewing)

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

Android Blues posted:

my latest creation...im really proud of him! i love him!

this is easily the most complicated thing i've ever animated so it's a huge milestone for me. i'm excited to learn more and more and moreeeeeeeee

that is great

he needs a name!

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

Mousedoodler posted:

a laid back mouse on an easygoing beach, a mouse doodle tibs and I doodled together for the yob! (he has at long last returned me to this world of pastelly goodness)

a+ doodle, ty :)

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

Android Blues posted:

my lovely homunculus has developed a new capability...!

:love:

also, I think jaded burnout was looking for hammock cat replacement options?

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

hm now i want lemonade too

Manifisto

Flavius Belisarius posted:

hey byob, have some pie to go with your lemonade

:eyepop: nice pie

Manifisto

very cool!

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

sliami posted:

drew an SA chinch!

this is great

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

yeah

that's a pretty extensive portfolio, and I really like it

thank you for sharing!

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

Macnult posted:

here’s a nice little bonsai tree

nice!

Manifisto

they're all great but I esp like this'un

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

Plant MONSTER. posted:

I was going to dump tons of random old art i had lying around and be the cool kid but everyone else is good and now im anxious and my arms hurt :(

Seriously, stuff like the dog art, the cool mantis and lettering is so good

I made my avatar with markers

i would very much like to see your random old art fwiw

Manifisto

those are great, ty!

Manifisto

Luvcow posted:

so now i've opened the can of worms of looking through old sketch books of art from threads that i used tiny pic in and subsequently disappeared the images

these are from a thread where the posters wanted to outfit a sheep they bought and use it as a battle sheep, eventually they strapped a sword to its back and bought it some armor:

these are gold

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

twoday posted:

luvcow, I would love to see an animation by you, your art reminds me of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_MSFkZHNi4

that is really weird, but cool

• Locked thread