Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you own a gun?
I DO own a gun
I DON'T own a gun
View Results

• Locked thread
Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Do you own a gun? If so, why? What kind of gun do you own? How much did it cost? How many guns do you own? What do you shoot with it? Conversely, if you don't own a gun why not?

Also, let's do our best to not turn this into a gun legality debate. Nothing good will come of it and you know it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

No

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*
Yep, many, expensive, they are fun

drunk dog
Apr 6, 2014

Resident Millennial
i would own like 8 guns if they were legal unfortunately i voted 'bama

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
i only own guns so that i can tell people i own guns. respect.

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

I mentally retarded and it's legal for me to own a gun where i live so of course yes

Dicere
Oct 31, 2005
Non plaudite modo pecuniam jacite.

Nope. I wouldn't mind having one locked up in a case for emergencies like food riots, power outages, or governmental collapse, but there's a ton of poo poo I'd buy and a ton of bills I'd pay before shelling out the money for a gun, ammo, gun safe, and range time.

Edit: OK maybe more than one.

Dicere fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Apr 2, 2016

Vaginal Vagrant
Jan 12, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Yes op, two.
Wanna see them?
*flexes*

Reset_Smith
Apr 9, 2009

It's SQUARE, motherfuck!
Yep. Keepin' the King of England out of my face.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

rock rock posted:

Yes op, two.
Wanna see them?
*flexes*

oh my

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
Lipstick Apathy
is this like where if I say yes, you ask me to kill some one?
I've had a pick up for years and I've helped enough people move, that I know if some one asks "do you have a truck" to say no.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
I have an AR-15 and a S&W Model 27-2. I probably won't get any more because I almost never shoot the ones I have

guns are fun and good imho but if you don't like them that's OK too, no hard feelings.

drunk dog
Apr 6, 2014

Resident Millennial

City of Tampa posted:

I have an AR-15 and a S&W Model 27-2. I probably won't get any more because I almost never shoot the ones I have

guns are fun and good imho but if you don't like them that's OK too, no hard feelings.

if you arnt using your guns can i have them?

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

ChairmanMeow posted:

is this like where if I say yes, you ask me to kill some one?

No, i take care of my own problems.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

I want to own a handgun and a small rifle but I've already got stuff to spend money on like arrows for my new bow. Prolly a year of nuke outages and I'll be sitting comfortable and will buy em.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
I've got some gum if you want some.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

drunk dog posted:

if you arnt using your guns can i have them?

hell no, I'm waiting for the next big gun control panic so I can offload the AR-15 for the price of a nice used jetski and I'm keeping the S&W until I die because it's just a beautiful object (and also I can use it to shoot a dude if I have to)

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

I own ten guns, 8 pistols and two rifles, I use them to shoot paper and also people who cross me

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
dont gently caress with the City of Tampa i guess

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
nice try obama

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

:nsa:

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
i own 10 rifles, 4 muzzleloaders, 5 shotguns, and six pistols

sadly I have not shot a family member, myself or an ethnic minority yet

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

I got a 6' gauge hamdougie 96. it cost 200 dollars and i bought it through a tradeshow loophole w money. i don't shoot anything w it it is an antique and not worth being fired more of a prop for my burlesque photoshoots

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
I own several rifles, a shotgun, and two handguns. I use it to kill rabbits, coyotes, and the nightmare scenario of a cougar during my night walks.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I own this gun OP.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Edgar posted:

I own several rifles, a shotgun, and two handguns. I use it to kill rabbits, coyotes, and the nightmare scenario of a cougar during my night walks.

old broads need love friend not bullets

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
Lipstick Apathy
*beaten!

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

social vegan posted:

I got a 6' gauge hamdougie 96. it cost 200 dollars and i bought it through a tradeshow loophole w money. i don't shoot anything w it it is an antique and not worth being fired more of a prop for my burlesque photoshoots

pleas explain to the folks at home how gauge works vs caliber, i dont think these lurkers know jsut how impressive your gun is

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

EorayMel posted:

I own this gun OP.

the gun that will defeat ISIS

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

extra stout posted:

pleas explain to the folks at home how gauge works vs caliber, i dont think these lurkers know jsut how impressive your gun is

no problem extra stout:

gauge refers to the bullet "width" so if u shot someone in the ear the gauge is how big the earring plug u need to buy is to plug "plug" the new hole

caliber, on the other hand, refers to how good the gun is. if the gun is of a "high" caliber, that is agood gun, you're gonna wanna hold onto that one

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
a tshirt gun i modified to fire tuxedo rolls soaked in axe body spray. with minimal nonlethal bruising and facial lacerations (will you be lucky enough to receive the coveted Dr no?!) Tux You Up (c) is the last best option for the gentleman in duress. and give a thought to our prom night special: with every purchase of a tuxedo buck, a Tux You Up technician will discreetly follow you and your date to Make out Point, hide on a distant hillside, and when the time is right use their patented butane torch tuxedo roll ignition kit to lob a shooting star across the sky- and when the stars themselves are rejoicing before you, even the shyest of debutantes will struggle to resist the sting of cupids arrow.

Orkin Mang fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Apr 2, 2016

naem
May 29, 2011

here is a bunch of personal info about expensive dangerous controversial legal possessions and their location and my schedule

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Orkin Mang posted:

a tshirt gun i modified to fire tuxedo rolls soaked in axe body spray. with minimal nonlethal bruising and facial lacerations (will you be lucky enough to receive the coveted Dr no?!) Tux You Up (c) is the last best option for the gentleman in duress. and give a thought to our prom night special: with every purchase of a tuxedo buck, a Tux You Up technician will discreetly follow you and your date to Make out Point, hide on a distant hillside, and when the time is right use their patented butane torch tuxedo roll ignition kit to lob a shooting star across the sky- and when the stars themselves are rejoicing before you, even the shyest of debutantes will struggle to resist the sting of cupid arrow.
ill take two

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
Guns really are like metal penises: they're cool and fun to play with, but they are also somewhat terrifying and sinster

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I have a bolt action 270 that I inherited and a pellet gun. My grandpa had these two awesome dragoon pistols with antique ammo and holsters like the ones the gang uses in Blood Meridian and I would have liked to inherit those but grandma sold the collection for money and I would much rather she have a comfortable and worry free life at 90 than I have two stupid loving guns.

If I had a bunch of extra money I would have:

- A lever action .22
- A ruger .22 semiauto (the Honda Civic of guns) with a few hilariously sized drum magazines and maybe some kind of ricey flip away scope
- A 10ga (semiauto)
- A BAR
- A HKP30 for "home defense"
- Maybe a .30-06 of some kind with good glass on it

raton fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Apr 2, 2016

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
here's a fun fact I don't pass a federal background check and it's not legal for me to buy a gun

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

here's a fun fact I don't pass a federal background check and it's not legal for me to buy a gun

thank u for your service

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
I do not, but I believe if you do something you should do it right. If I start out with a 500 S&W am I going to break my wrist / shoot my face off? Is there something bigger/cooler?

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Ville Valo posted:

I do not, but I believe if you do something you should do it right. If I start out with a 500 S&W am I going to break my wrist / shoot my face off? Is there something bigger/cooler?

just buy an assault rifle they're easy as gently caress to shoot and you could probably clear a movie theater or a school pretty easily

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
is this a good gun

Only registered members can see post attachments!

• Locked thread