Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you own a gun?
I DO own a gun
I DON'T own a gun
View Results

• Locked thread
jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

my mosin nagant was my best investment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

safetyStanddown posted:

Yeah maybe if you have a time machine to take you back in 2010; good luck with those prices today.

is it cause obummeris taking all are guns? :sigh:

but yeah that was quite a few years back when I got it and the huge thing of ammo, but the ammo should still be cheap I think, its some sketchy Ukrainian surplus that comes in little wax paper packets tied together with twine lol.

My dad has told me that .22 is loving crazy now. We used to buy blocks of 550 for like $8 at walmart and apparently now its like $20+ and hard to even find in stock. Keep in mind though he also lives in a redneck town where there are lots of preppers and poo poo who really do believe the gov is coming in to take their guns and ban the bible and FEMA death camps, etc

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

jarofpiss posted:

my mosin nagant was my best investment

yeah super fun rifles and super cheap. I ended up buying an Enfield shortly after I got my mosin nagant because I really like history so milsurp rifles are super cool to me but that was a big mistake of not doing my homework first when I found out .303s were like a buck a round, even after I bought a thing to reload my own it only brought them down to like $.70 a round :doh:

new friend from school
May 19, 2008

by Azathoth
.22 has settled at around 10cpr, and is still in/out of stock rather sporadically due to preppers, regardless of region.

Mosins and 54r surplus cost more today for a variety of reasons:
Milsurp being milsurp, supply is naturally limited, and prices go up as the supply dries up. When Mosins were <$100/unit, people were literally buying them by the crate because they could, and now there just aren't as many left to go around, and nobody is making new ones. This is the biggest factor.
The panics which have happened between 2010 and now have further strained supply and stimulated prices.
Finally, Obama's executive order to stop Russian firearms and ammo imports in response to the Ukraine crisis limited supply even more, but this likely had the least impact of the three.

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

i bought an ak74 and a few k rounds of surplus for it before the ammo ban and it's been pretty fun

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
btw, this is my gun

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster

Philthy posted:

My dad has an "I am the NRA" sticker on his truck and flies the flag upside down. He gave me a pile of guns as a kid, and I told them to just sell them when I decided that every person in Wisconsin who owns guns is a loving loony tune who just want to murder people and eat them and make lamps out of their fuckin' faces and poo poo.

maybe your dad was trying to tell you something. You should call him

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Hector Beerlioz posted:

btw, this is my gun

you have good taste like me :hfive:

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Hector Beerlioz posted:

btw, this is my gun

I'm pretty dubious that a pen and cufflinks could be assembled in any kind of manner that could accurately fire a bullet.

Snowman Crossing
Dec 4, 2009

I got a new gun today for lawful killing purposes

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Snowman Crossing posted:

Any reason you went with that over the perennial MKIII?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Snowman Crossing posted:

Pretty sure you just bought a Deception

Snowman Crossing
Dec 4, 2009

PCOS Bill posted:

Any reason you went with that over the perennial MKIII?

Similar price point and I liked the stock trigger better.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

SurfaceDetail posted:

maybe your dad was trying to tell you something. You should call him

He's too busy along the Mexican border these days.

wheres my beer
Apr 29, 2004

Tryin' to catch me ridin' dirty
Fun Shoe

Snowman Crossing posted:

It wants to be a Buckmark so bad.

nine_eos
Oct 26, 2015
yep, guns are good.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

this thread is somehow still going so here's my second favorite gun to shoot

i haven't seen .22lr in stock on a store shelf even a single time since early 2013 but it's not too tough to find online if you're willing to go out of your way to look for it/pay extra for match grade ammo

also i wish that pearl grips were available for every gun

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

this thread is somehow still going so here's my second favorite gun to shoot

i haven't seen .22lr in stock on a store shelf even a single time since early 2013 but it's not too tough to find online if you're willing to go out of your way to look for it/pay extra for match grade ammo

also i wish that pearl grips were available for every gun

I'm the anime holding up the gun

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
i have a big glock, a little glock, and a 12 guage cop shotgun. i also have enough ammo to steal all your food for a while until i can find someplace that has my contacts script in the proper color

semon demon
Jul 31, 2006

C H O P P E R S F O R T H E N E I G H B O R H O O D N I G G A S

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

semon demon posted:

C H O P P E R S F O R T H E N E I G H B O R H O O D N I G G A S

Who is this semon demon??

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

I recently bought a CZ P-01, because I'd been wanting to get into casual target shooting for a while and one of the local shops had it for what seemed like a good price

I quite like it, and am happy with it over a glock or whatever, but as I'm almost certainly never going to carry concealed I probably should have gotten a more target oriented SP-01 or whatever- on the other hand I'm also probably years away from being good enough for that to make a lick of difference

really don't feel the need for anything else- maybe a Kadet kit for cheaper plinking (though that's a decent pile of .22 to offset the initial cost), and maybe an AR for some FREEDOM to offset my euro commie gun, but that's probably a way off since I have way more important financial commitments coming up in the next few years

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe
I carry an M-28 for self defense in case terrorists attack.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Philthy posted:

He's too busy along the Mexican border these days.

No poo poo, huh.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

My gun shoots sour cream come
South of the border and gently caress w me the sovereign nation of Taco Bell has no rules u bitch

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Paper Diamonds posted:

Holy poo poo TF you're still around? I assumed you'd been banished from TFR and therefor reality.
if you die in tfr you die in real life!!

new friend from school
May 19, 2008

by Azathoth

Snowman Crossing posted:

I want one of these so bad. Where'd you manage to find one with a threaded barrel? I haven't seen those on the market yet.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

safetyStanddown posted:

I want one of these so bad. Where'd you manage to find one with a threaded barrel? I haven't seen those on the market yet.

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product4_750001_750051_846573_-1_804153_757752_757751_ProductDisplayErrorView_Y

The manufacturer I would reckon.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

You don't really buy guns 'from the manufacturer'

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

PCOS Bill posted:

You don't really buy guns 'from the manufacturer'

Maybe YOU dont.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
NE gun nerds know if my fantasy of building a .50BMG version of the 20mm Carl Gustav M42 Recoilless Rifle is dumb or super dumb?

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Ork of Fiction posted:

NE gun nerds know if my fantasy of building a .50BMG version of the 20mm Carl Gustav M42 Recoilless Rifle is dumb or super dumb?

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Ork of Fiction posted:

Medium dumb. If you're dedicated enough to find a way for someone to turn out a modern re-chambering of what was basically a tube gun recoilless anti-tank rifle with a production run of less than 1,000 pieces, practicality isn't exactly your watchword. Given that the gun appears to be 95% barreled action, the real challenge would appear to be modifying .50 BMG to be suitable for recoilless operation.

Roki B
Jul 25, 2004

Medical Industrial Complex

Biscuit Hider
THE GOOSE IS LOOSE

KING KARL

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Roki B posted:

THE GOOSE IS LOOSE

KING KARL

Yhats what i reckon

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther
Is there some way I could mount/hold a 50cal between my legs so it losrs like I have a huge lead hurling dick? Haha

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Have Blue posted:

Is there some way I could mount/hold a 50cal between my legs so it losrs like I have a huge lead hurling dick? Haha

AccuTiger sell this. Lòok it up

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther

Isaac posted:

AccuTiger sell this. Lòok it up

I don't see it? Please I have a pressing need to impress my friends and family who are disappointed with my fleshy non-lethal cock.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Have Blue posted:

I don't see it? Please I have a pressing need to impress my friends and family who are disappointed with my fleshy non-lethal cock.

Sorry its TechLeopard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Always gettingg thrm confused

• Locked thread