Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you own a gun?
I DO own a gun
I DON'T own a gun
View Results

• Locked thread
Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Ville Valo posted:

I do not, but I believe if you do something you should do it right. If I start out with a 500 S&W am I going to break my wrist / shoot my face off? Is there something bigger/cooler?

get a dealer lisence and buy a saw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am kiss u now
Dec 26, 2005

College Slice
Bear Arms. I have a Walther PPS in .40S&W. I mostly shoot paper targets or random trash I find around. I like to carry my gun around concealed on my person. It makes me feel like I have a big wee wee. It sure is sexy.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

EorayMel posted:

is this a good gun

yes i'd give it a 'high' caliber

My Rhythmic Crotch
Jan 13, 2011

I built an AR15 and have a weird european bolt action 223,

even if someone broke in, i would not point them at the intruder. because I live in an apartment i would probably blow some poor babby's head off i tried to defend myself with them,

thanks for reading!

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

My Rhythmic Crotch posted:

I built an AR15 and have a weird european bolt action 223,

even if someone broke in, i would not point them at the intruder. because I live in an apartment i would probably blow some poor babby's head off i tried to defend myself with them,

thanks for reading!

in the gun world we call that the bonus

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

yes, I have the gun but its inside my computer in the counter strike video game.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

a hole-y ghost posted:

yes, I have the gun but its inside my computer in the counter strike video game.

That doesn't count, I'm sorry a hole-y ghost.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

i'm sorry I lied!!! I haven't had counter strik e on a computer for 5 years

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
You can tell it's not a gun forum thread because there's no actual pictures of goon's guns on the first page

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

a hole-y ghost posted:

reported

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster
i keep a gun and a case or two of ammo around because why the gently caress wouldnt you.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

a hole-y ghost posted:

my favorite levels were de_dust and de_sapointment the level my dad made for me to play in with bots only :(

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
Lipstick Apathy

SurfaceDetail posted:

i keep a gun and a case or two of ammo around because why the gently caress wouldnt you.

small apartment, I just really don't have the space.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

.44 Desert Eagle

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

SurfaceDetail posted:

I dunno... I can get 2 bullets in case the first one doesn't do it, but I think after 3 or so you'll either be mostly brain dead anyway or you should just give up at that point. Maybe invest in an exit bag??

red_dirt
Apr 26, 2014

by Shine
Collecting and shooting guns was my thing for a while. Now I just can't get my head around ammo prices, and refuse to use any of my stock because I can't replace it as cheaply as I originally got it. This leaves my with a shitload of guns that I've lost interest in. I am considering turning them into banjos (which don't require two phone books and a frying pan to use indoors).

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i have timshare on a bazooka??

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

red_dirt posted:

I am considering turning them into banjos

What

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

NTT posted:

You can tell it's not a gun forum thread because there's no actual pictures of goon's guns on the first page

Marvel at my lovely econ AR

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

yea i own like a half dozen guns of different types

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
me and the kids are gonna go for a holiday to the bazooka in three summers for the final 2 weeks of that summer

Doccers
Aug 15, 2000

Patron Saint of Chickencheese
sup.

Doccers
Aug 15, 2000

Patron Saint of Chickencheese

Man Whore posted:

Marvel at my lovely econ AR

can you teach me how to gun i think i need help

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Doccers posted:

I dont think thats how you make the bullets go backwards

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

Doccers posted:

no thats right, Keep doing what you are doing

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
This poll is just the government trying to put me on a list again.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Just one, heres a pic of me with it:

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

JB50 posted:

That doesn't look like the gun in your av

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

imagine how frucken long that guys arms have to be to shoot himself... lmao

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
I own ALL the guns.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
I know a guy who owns nearly 200 guns. But hes' a police officer, so it's okay.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

JB50 posted:

i saw a video of one of those things firing once and it took out like an entire flock of ducks

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

i dont have a needledick op

so no

My Rhythmic Crotch
Jan 13, 2011

Doccers posted:

fire at will

naem
May 29, 2011

If someone were to hand me an at4 rocket launcher I'm pretty sure I could still perform an 11 point safety check

Like I don't know it consciously to write it down for example, but I could bark it out autistically while clicking my hands in the right places if I was under enough stress and got handed a tube shaped object

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

EorayMel posted:

is this a good gun

obviously

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

naem posted:

If someone were to hand me an at4 rocket launcher I'm pretty sure I could still perform an 11 point safety check

Like I don't know it consciously to write it down for example, but I could bark it out autistically while clicking my hands in the right places if I was under enough stress and got handed a tube shaped object

Would something like this happen if you had a paintbrush in your hand while being yelled at?

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

naem posted:

yeah im sure you have a lot of experience with tube shaped objects :mmmhmm:

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

social vegan posted:

I got a 6' gauge hamdougie 96. it cost 200 dollars and i bought it through a tradeshow loophole w money. i don't shoot anything w it it is an antique and not worth being fired more of a prop for my burlesque photoshoots

My understanding is that 6 guage is an extremely large gun. Is that the case

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

satanic splash-back posted:

Would something like this happen if you had a paintbrush in your hand while being yelled at?

I think it would take rleither explosions or a very large angry black man in a wide brimmed hat yelling "assume the position" which is how I paid for college

a hole-y ghost posted:

yeah im sure you have a lot of experience with tube shaped objects :mmmhmm:

I have a masteters degree

• Locked thread