Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

I'd guess 1 ep for the first case of the first two games, 2-3 for the in-betweeners, and 4-5 for the finales.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogs named Charlie
Apr 5, 2009

by exmarx
I loved the crap out of these games back in the day, I had no idea it had a show until I saw this thread. It's been so long that I've forgotten all the solutions, but I remember Gumshoe being the best Dick ever.

celeron 300a
Jan 23, 2005

by exmarx
Yam Slacker

dogs named Charlie posted:

I loved the crap out of these games back in the day, I had no idea it had a show until I saw this thread. It's been so long that I've forgotten all the solutions, but I remember Gumshoe being the best Dick ever.

We are literally getting the 2nd show tomorrow so don't worry... you are pretty much on the first floor with this.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Mystic Maya :smith:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Meme Emulator posted:

Is Case 5 going to be in this? That could be a 12 episode series by itself

Probably not for the reason you just said. Also, it's probably the hardest case in the original trilogy, so it would be super jarring to go from that back to case 2-1.

However, if they adapt that instead of the second game, I would be happy too :v:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The King of Prosecutors trophy also appears in this episode, and if they were going to do 1-5, that wouldn't be here yet.

Unless this is last year's trophy and he won it two years in a row, but I'm gonna say nah.

Edit: Okay yeah, it's last year's award.

Edit 2: By the way, this episode's name says "1st Trial," that just means it's part 1. It's all investigation this episode.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Apr 9, 2016

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Maybe case 5 will be an OVA?

Also, did the episode get to court?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It ends just before the court begins.

And they actually changed up enough about the investigation phase that I was on my toes a bit. Particularly, there's a piece of evidence in the anime that does not exist in the game.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Even though 1-5 is in AA1, it could really take place at any point in the original 3 and make sense.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

This episode was a pretty marked improvement over the first episode and I'm feeling a lot better about the series as a whole as a result.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I'm actually really excited for the next episode, I feel like case 2 has some of my favorite court back-and-forth out of all the games.

Not able to watch it yet, but glad it's appearing to be good. I bought a friend the trilogy on 3ds a year ago and they hadn't touched it once. They enjoyed the first episode, I hope the three episode test can convince them to finally try it out.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.
The attorneys are standing on the wrong sides of the courtroom and I can't deal with it

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Yeah, just gonna chime in and say this is a marked improvement. Pretty rad stuff, specially enjoyed the scene when Maya decides to let Nick defend her, the extra touches worked really good.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I've only watched the first ep, but the op is not very good and the ed seemed... really pretty bad. I know what I'm skipping whenever I watch this show, at least.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

The big question is who they'll get to voice who when this inevitably gets a dub.

I kind of liked the new guy they got for Phoenix for DD, and Apollo + Athena seemed spot-on, but... Edgeworth's VA just didn't match him at all.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Yeah, I didn't really feel Edgeworth that much. He didn't have that air of class that Edgeworth should.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Regalingualius posted:

The big question is who they'll get to voice who when this inevitably gets a dub.

I kind of liked the new guy they got for Phoenix for DD, and Apollo + Athena seemed spot-on, but... Edgeworth's VA just didn't match him at all.

It should be the staff members from the first 3 games

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

The additions were absolutely fantastic. They really made it worth experiencing the cases again by adding a lot of little emotions and scenes that are presumed to happen but are just kind of skipped over. Very excited for the rest of the series. If nothing else it's just surreal to even see it happen considering I never thought it would.

I'm glad I got Crunchyroll Premium for it, too. The localized subs make it all the better.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I wanna see what Kyle River is up to. He seems cool.

The localized subs even gave a name to a guy who only appears as a name on paper. That's commitment.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Even though 1-5 is in AA1, it could really take place at any point in the original 3 and make sense.

Eh it's still meant to take place after 1-4 and sometime before 2-2 though.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, considering it's basically outright said in 1-5's epilogue that Gumshoe found Edgeworth's suicide note, so it has to take place before JFA.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I like that Edgeworth loving Tokyo Los Angeles Drifts into the courthouse like the rear end in a top hat he is.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I love maya

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

I'm looking forward to scenes of Maya eating raHAMBURGERS.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
So one thing I noticed that was different from the game, and is maybe a plothole? is that if Phoenix didn't know Grossberg couldn't defend Maya/wasn't defending her yet, why did he bother to go steal a wiretap from April May's room?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Adventure game protagonist curiosity/kleptomania.

smenj
Oct 10, 2012

Xad posted:

So one thing I noticed that was different from the game, and is maybe a plothole? is that if Phoenix didn't know Grossberg couldn't defend Maya/wasn't defending her yet, why did he bother to go steal a wiretap from April May's room?

Just because he wouldn't necessarily be defending her doesn't mean he wouldn't want to try and help out anyway, presumably.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Opposing Farce posted:

The attorneys are standing on the wrong sides of the courtroom and I can't deal with it

They have to obey the 180-degree rule.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
I really hope the localized sub track sticks with hamburgers in complete defiance of what they have on screen. The increasingly convoluted attempts to keep saying "this is America" is one of the best parts of the series.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

I just hope people continue to make angry social media posts where they say "but she says miso ramen!" like they're not already watching a sub track where it says Wright every time someone says Naruhodo.

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

I like that Edgeworth loving Tokyo Los Angeles Drifts into the courthouse like the rear end in a top hat he is.

You are most assuredly not alone.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

Strange Quark posted:

They have to obey the 180-degree rule.

Yeah I realized that was the reason but even so it really messes with my mental conception of the space inside an Ace Attorney courtroom. The defendant is facing the camera but now Phoenix is to the right instead of to the left and my entire world has gone topsy-turvy.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I like how they handle the evidence here, with the prosecution and the defense being required to use gloves. Nice touch! Makes me wonder how they do 1-5 if they do it though

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Opposing Farce posted:

Yeah I realized that was the reason but even so it really messes with my mental conception of the space inside an Ace Attorney courtroom. The defendant is facing the camera but now Phoenix is to the right instead of to the left and my entire world has gone topsy-turvy.

You could even say it's quite the turnabout.

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

The Lord of Hats posted:

I really hope the localized sub track sticks with hamburgers in complete defiance of what they have on screen. The increasingly convoluted attempts to keep saying "this is America" is one of the best parts of the series.

We are literally this close to getting an animated version of that Awkward Zombie comic.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

This episode brings up a very important point that I wasn't sure of before. Edgeworth has always been a fan of the Steel Samurai, even before Tournabout Samurai. I thought working on that case was what made him a fan.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

mabels big day posted:

This episode brings up a very important point that I wasn't sure of before. Edgeworth has always been a fan of the Steel Samurai, even before Tournabout Samurai. I thought working on that case was what made him a fan.

No, he actually tells the defendant he's a fan and Phoenix thinks he's full of poo poo

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

No, he actually tells the defendant he's a fan and Phoenix thinks he's full of poo poo

I always agreed with him

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

The Lord of Hats posted:

My favorite example of this is the stuff with Nine-tails Vale and Tenma Town in Dual Destinies. They try to explain it as Nine-tails Vale just being this random Japanese-inspired tourist town and there being a "yokai craze", but later (minor spoilers for that case) they point out how the town has been around for hundreds of years, or at least long enough for this whole mythology to have been created surrounded Tenma Tarou.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Can't wait for the English dub of this

• Locked thread