Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Was there still a moment where Phoenix brandishes at metal detector at von Karma?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The Big Top will claim us all with no survivors.

Graceful Graveler
May 18, 2009
The greatest irony would be if 2-3 were adapted in such a way that everyone who hated it would instead start considering it one of their favourite cases.

Also, I take it that the fact I'm not really disappointed with the last episode aside from the breakdown means I haven't played 1-4 in too long. v:shobon:v

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Honestly, the prospect of Maya and Pearl being super cute at everything in the circus is probably enough to make it better than the game version, even with animated everyone else.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

They better call that dog Missile.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
There is a keyframer in this show who draws really tiny hands. That preview image above has one, and a shot in the recent episode that has the judge holding his gavel in baby hands.

Szmitten fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Jun 19, 2016

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Roach Warehouse posted:

Was there still a moment where Phoenix brandishes at metal detector at von Karma?

Yes.

Graceful Graveler posted:

The greatest irony would be if 2-3 were adapted in such a way that everyone who hated it would instead start considering it one of their favourite cases.

That's basically what happened with the AA5 DLC case. :v: That case is basically a redo of Turnabout Big Top except way less creepy and awful.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

It's like squeezing it into a single season means that non-essential things sometimes get cut.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

von Karma sticking the nut on the courthouse wall is essential

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Honestly, the prospect of Maya and Pearl being super cute at everything in the circus is probably enough to make it better than the game version, even with animated everyone else.

Yeah, that is one upside that the game doesn't really have. I think you've made me slightly optimistic about the circus.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
But Pearl was barely in the circus case.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Fun episode. Missile was cute as gently caress (they don't actually name him).

Graceful Graveler
May 18, 2009
That episode was really cute but I'm mourning the loss of anime Richard Wellington. :cry:

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Fun episode. Missile was cute as gently caress (they don't actually name him).

That's gotta be Pess, right?

Man that episode was great. It was just nice to see Gregory alive and happy.

I pray they're actually just adapting the JFA cases in chronological order and Richard Wellington will be after Reunion and Turnabout.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
If there is any case to skip from the second game it would be the first though. They could use it if a second season gets approved though as an intro there for a 1 episode case instead of starting right off with her.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Oh man the thought of seeing 3-5 animated...

But yeah they're probably going to do 2-1 after 2-2 as a short break before we get to... ugh... the circus...

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I like how Phoenix teleports from pointing a metal detector in von Karma's face to slamming his hands on his desk on the other side of the courtroom.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Don't frown about the clown

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

JFA season started:

The good:
Pearl is super cute
Gumshoe
New OP is pretty good
Franziska von Karma
Ini Miney's hand thing
Maya
The ED has DANCING MISSILES!!!!
http://puu.sh/pVJO7/47cde0319b.webm

The bad:
Lotta Hart
Sad Maya
Too much circus in the OP

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ax8Eg8Yoro4

Could do with less 2-3, like about zero of it, but it's a pretty nice looking-opening. I liked the previous song more, but animation-wise this is much better, and I like it showing the characters from the different cases.

Detective Eyestorm
Jan 6, 2012
A promising start! I only remember the basics of this case (and most of Justice for All), so I'm excited to get a refresher. I think that crown is new?

The bad:
Lotta Hart

I'll fight you.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

She is the worst

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

She is the worst

There are many worse than Lotta Hart.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
She wasn't even the worst character in either game she appeared in.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

She is the worst

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
If you hate Lotta Hart you hate Gary Butz and while I completely understand if you hate either/both of them at times, I find it hard to completely hate them all the time.

That's like saying you hate Maya/Pearl at all.

Hate is a strong word.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Apparently the show is beating out Pokemon in the ratings in Japan like consistently?

Is that true?

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

This wasn't a well-animated episode at all, but holy poo poo Morgan's :smug: face looked amazing. All the budget must've gone to those few seconds, and it was worth it.

Also on the hate topic I dislike Lotta in-game but I've found her a lot more tolerable in the anime and I can't even tell why. It might be not having to deal personally with her (as personally as you can in a game, I mean) or just less screentime overall due to pacing? I don't know, but she comes across as more likable. Might be just me, though.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Blaze Dragon posted:

This wasn't a well-animated episode at all, but holy poo poo Morgan's :smug: face looked amazing. All the budget must've gone to those few seconds, and it was worth it.

I haven't seen the episode yet, but this is the best possible investment of the budget.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The best possible use of budget was the grooving missiles in the ED

celeron 300a
Jan 23, 2005

by exmarx
Yam Slacker

Blaze Dragon posted:

Also on the hate topic I dislike Lotta in-game but I've found her a lot more tolerable in the anime and I can't even tell why. It might be not having to deal personally with her (as personally as you can in a game, I mean) or just less screentime overall due to pacing? I don't know, but she comes across as more likable. Might be just me, though.

:same:

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I'm down with the clown I'm down with the clown I'm down with the clown I'm down with the clown I'm down with the clown I'm down with the clown I'm down with the clown

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

The subtitlers aren't even going to try and set the anime in America, that's lame.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

They gave up on that when Cindy Stone took her overseas trip to New York.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

ChaosArgate posted:

They gave up on that when Cindy Stone took her overseas trip to New York.

From a certain point of view, LA to New York IS an overseas trip.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

InspectorCarbonara posted:

The subtitlers aren't even going to try and set the anime in America, that's lame.

she's got a bad sense of direction

rvm
May 6, 2013
Welp, decided to randomly watch the latest episode of this show, got a scene that took years to erase from my memory...

rvm fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Jul 17, 2016

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

InspectorCarbonara posted:

What about the alt subs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

Namtab posted:

What about the alt subs
That is from the alt subs.

• Locked thread