Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

I've got some new watchers coming over, does anyone know of some decent videos or podcasts that give people a decent primer on the show tonight?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

sleepwalkers posted:

I've got some new watchers coming over, does anyone know of some decent videos or podcasts that give people a decent primer on the show tonight?

If they don't have any objections to reading a lengthy-ish blog post, this might help: http://offtherecordglobe.areavoices.com/2016/03/30/an-idiots-guide-to-wrestlemania-32/

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

Ziggler looks really weird in that pic and holy poo poo is that Zack Ryder? Still employed AND on Wrestlemania?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

oatgan posted:

lets go roman

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Woodchip posted:

Hi Thread. Looking forward to HHH's crazy entrance, hoping for a Lemmy tribute.
I want a Lemmy Hologram

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
You're missing the picture of John Cena since he'll probably be coming out after the main event is over

God help us all if Wrestlemania ends with Rapadoo

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Dr.Smasher posted:

You're missing the picture of John Cena since he'll probably be coming out after the main event is over

God help us all if Wrestlemania ends with Rapadoo

Rapadoo or deafening boo. No one wins in the Game of Badly Timed Pushes.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SomeMathGuy posted:

If they don't have any objections to reading a lengthy-ish blog post, this might help: http://offtherecordglobe.areavoices.com/2016/03/30/an-idiots-guide-to-wrestlemania-32/

This will prove most useful.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
What is wrong with Roman's cheek bones in that pic

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Dr.Smasher posted:

We can only hope!

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

here come the money

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Pins
Jul 16, 2010

Haven't You Heard?
i cant wait for john cena to show up and save wrestlemania by giving roman reigns the aa

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

a big fat bunny posted:

Ziggler looks really weird in that pic and holy poo poo is that Zack Ryder? Still employed AND on Wrestlemania?

he's taking Neville's spot in the IC match because Neville is injured

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

If Triple H doesn't say "On your knees (big) dog, bow down to the king" before the match/after he wins I will consider this Wrestlemania an immense disappointment.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Shane vs. Taker in 2016 is the most perplexing main event in a very long time and it's rather exciting.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

went to chilis with my girlfriend for a pre wrsetlemania meal; we sat down and ordered the triple dipper (eggrolls, sliders, boneless wangs) for our appetizer. we then ordered told the waitress we were big wrestling fans really pulling for roman etc etc. we got our order: buffalo chicken salad for myself, a standard burger fries for my fiancee. as we were eating our waitress would check in on us how is everything, you know standard waitress things. once done we get up she hands us the receipt and she wrote "go big dog" i smiled a bit and threw in another $5 for the tip. go roman, go big dog reigns.

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

I'm going to the gym to work out now to get my body prepared for sitting on it's rear end 6.5 hours tonight.

Add in NXT Friday plus Hall of Fame Sunday, that means I'll have watched around 11 hours of wrestling this weekend. Enjoyable, but it seems like a bad idea.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I for one am hype as gently caress for Shane McMahon to almost kill himself for our pleasure once more.

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

abraham linksys posted:

he's taking Neville's spot in the IC match because Neville is injured

It would have made more sense to pull a guy like Tyler Breeze or Fandango from the Battle Royale and stick him in. Or just have one less guy in the ladder mach.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Also I really like it when Lesnar throws around Ambrose like a crash dummy and I'm glad Reigns won't be in this one to gently caress it up.

Though tbf he did fine in the Fastlane match, if they didn't book him like Superman that three-way probably would have been great.

Arsonist Daria fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Apr 3, 2016

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

All the probable shenanigans aside, I think this WM has a good chance of every match on the main card being very good-to-great. On paper at-least it looks to be a FAR more consistent card then last year, which is pretty impressive given how many people are injured.

Hopefully this post won't be empty quoted when everything sucks.

In fact, if they just made the IC Match Zayn/Owens and made the US Title match at multi-man ladder match with the same people the card would be fantastic.

WeaponX fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Apr 3, 2016

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
https://twitter.com/WWE/status/716611256933867521

the most assuring tweet

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
GET UP FOR WRESTLEMANIA BABY IT'S AN ALL DAY EVENT AND I'M REALLY GONNA BE TIRED WHEN IT'S DONE

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

i'm excited for the IC Ladder Match to be as pointlessly long and poorly laid-out as the 6-man tag on Raw this week so we can hear the crowd poo poo on a match featuring the two brightest stars on the roster :allears:

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

Here's what I'm excited about :

• New Day entrance
  • AJ Styles' Wrestlemania debut
  • Whatever debuts/returns are planned
  • Ambrose and Lesnar attempting to literally murder each other
  • Sasha Banks having to top her Brooklyn entrance
  • The Divas title match in general
  • Zack Ryder in a main card Wrestlemania match that actually kind of matters
  • The very high likelihood of Sami Zayn winning the IC title in his WM debut
  • The crowd booing the poo poo out of Eva Marie
  • The crowd booing the poo poo out of Roman
  • The crowd booing the poo poo out of Roman winning
  • The likelihood that HHH and Roman have a pretty good match despite everything else
  • Triple H's batshit crazy champion entrance
  • Undertaker's entrance
  • Whatever crazy poo poo happens in the HiaC match
  • The incredible amount of pizza and beer I will be consuming this evening
  • Even the slightest possibility of Enzo & Cass debuting in front of the crowd they deserve

Crap build, slew of injuries, card doesn't live up to the past few years? Who cares, it's fuckin Wrestlemania y'all

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

To be fair, they have made a fair amount of progress regarding the IC belt from last year's "R-Truth has literally stolen the Intercontinental Title! Oh no!" shenanigans.

Now, arguably that's been done while they've simultaneously utterly buried the US Title, but WWE gonna WWE.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Let's... go.... Triple H. :negative:

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

is it just me or does this seem like an awful way to watch wrestling. the stadium seating is ridiculously far away, the floor seats have no rise to them so you're gonna be staring at the back of someone's head and you probably can't see the giant TVs from that angle

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

nooneofconsequence posted:

It's OK buddy, just let it all out, this is what it's come to :sympathy:

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

nooneofconsequence posted:

Yes!!!

Yes!!!!!!

YESSS!!!!!!!

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!
I've been watching old Wrestlemanias and I'm up to Wrestlemania XXX. What stands out the most so far is how unreal Triple H's nips are.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Accident Underwater posted:

I've been watching old Wrestlemanias and I'm up to Wrestlemania XXX. What stands out the most so far is how unreal Triple H's nips are.

Haitch is gonna use the Kenny Omega chainsaw technique with his nips on Roman and everyone will cheer.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
welcome to my house

We don't have to gooOoOoo out

We'll just watch 18 hours of wrestlemania.

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.
Come on Hunter, you know you want to.

You can do it. This can happen.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
Girlfriend came back from Party City with proper Wrestlemania game day decorations.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I hope they both lose.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

abraham linksys posted:

is it just me or does this seem like an awful way to watch wrestling. the stadium seating is ridiculously far away, the floor seats have no rise to them so you're gonna be staring at the back of someone's head and you probably can't see the giant TVs from that angle

If you aren't in the first 2 or 3 rows floor seating is usually poo poo.

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

I am excited for Wrestlemania and just ordered way too loving much pizza and am ready to become one with the couch after spending 7 hours on it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
I'm not looking forward to this show or hearing Michael Cole for 4 hours.

• Locked thread