Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
InstantReplayLive
Apr 4, 2016

SUCKS
My brother and I run a Let's Play channel but with the release of Miitomo and the sudden onslaught of social media posts on it, I decided to branch out for a quickie informative video I made yesterday morning.

If anyone's curious as to what it is or why you might want to play it (especially WiiU/3ds virtual store users) this might help!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3hFofCPXig

If it doesn't, I'm sorry I'm such a poo poo. XD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Reading the rules before registering to start a thread to promote your Youtube channel would have saved you $20.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Is SA really popular enough that even if you made something good you'd get more than $10 of profit from it.

Observe Me
Jan 21, 2006

I know shits bad right now with all that starving bullshit and the dust storms and we are running out of french fries and burrito coverings. But I got a solution!

Saoshyant posted:

Reading the rules before registering to start a thread to promote your Youtube channel would have saved you $20.

I was like "What, I thought he wasted :10bux:" but then I saw he bought plat Hahahahaha.

InstantReplayLive
Apr 4, 2016

SUCKS

Saoshyant posted:

I am, obviously, new here - what rule have I broken or is there somewhere else to post content of this sort on the forums? For what it's worth I was recommended Something Awful from a long time user and perhaps I have overstepped by making early posts that are self-promotional, I am joining the conversation however, not just here to post my own crap and bail. Also, +10 bucks one-time cost for image upload seems worth it to me.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I think you'd have better luck with this sort of content in GBS or FYAD. It couldn't hurt to make this thread in both of them. Those sections are more conversationally oriented than games.

InstantReplayLive
Apr 4, 2016

SUCKS

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I think you'd have better luck with this sort of content in GBS or FYAD. It couldn't hurt to make this thread in both of them. Those sections are more conversationally oriented than games.

Thanks! Should I delete this post or just let it fall to oblivion?

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

InstantReplayLive posted:

Thanks! Should I delete this post or just let it fall to oblivion?

nah just make a post in GBS linking to this one. GBS is just the general place to post links and news stories.

InstantReplayLive
Apr 4, 2016

SUCKS

Anatharon posted:

Is SA really popular enough that even if you made something good you'd get more than $10 of profit from it.

Can't really answer that, but it's not really about profit anyway. Making a YouTube gaming channel for money at this point would be a massive, massive downstep from say... working part time at McDonald's. The big guys have cornered that market and breaking in is crazy. Our channel is more about self-expression and community building... but I know exactly how hokey that sounds and for a lot of people it probably comes off as a line. The point is, I have no illusions of turning a profit on the channel and making a living out of it, it's just a fun thing I want as many people to see as possible. Because I'm the worst kind of person, an introvert narcissist.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?
No one cares. No one wants to see you advertise here and if you looked at any part of the forum beforehand, you'd realize that. If we wanted to learn about Miimoto's then we'd go to the Miimoto thread or even better, go look at any of the hundreds of thousands of other youtube videos that are already out there explaining something that we could also just learn about straight from Nintendo. If you want to start conversation or dialogue about the subject, then go to the Miimoto thread or possibly the general Nintendo thread; not just hawk your youtube channel.

InstantReplayLive
Apr 4, 2016

SUCKS

Niggurath posted:

No one cares. No one wants to see you advertise here and if you looked at any part of the forum beforehand, you'd realize that. If we wanted to learn about Miimoto's then we'd go to the Miimoto thread or even better, go look at any of the hundreds of thousands of other youtube videos that are already out there explaining something that we could also just learn about straight from Nintendo. If you want to start conversation or dialogue about the subject, then go to the Miimoto thread or possibly the general Nintendo thread; not just hawk your youtube channel.

I've certainly learned something here tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

InstantReplayLive posted:

I've certainly learned something here tonight.
Good ending, everyone!

• Locked thread