Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Friction.123 posted:

We have two conflicting VT claims here, and at least a few people who have indicated their roles are also singing-related.

Eh. Don't think there is a conflict, there just isn't any relation to singing and VT. This was the better mod choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Shadow0 posted:

We have absolutely no idea who is what, and to be honest, this has been the least exciting thread we have ever read on SA; zero flavor at all, just stupid, stupid, stupid yelling.

We don't think Kashuno is scum, but if throwing him off a tower will save us from 11 pages of stupid banter, we are all for it.

##vote Kashuno

Welcome to Mafia. Expect a lot of yelling. Also voting for someone who just admitted you don't think is scum is pretty suspicious

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Kashuno posted:

Welcome to Mafia. Expect a lot of yelling. Also voting for someone who just admitted you don't think is scum is pretty suspicious

That's what I meant by good will.

People would vote you just to be done with the angry ranting.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Propaganda Machine posted:

Regarding the null tell thing though, what struck me with Kashuno is that he erupted at being voted on. Getting lynched as town on D1 is perfectly acceptable since it gives the rest of the town a read on the people who were driving the lynch.

I have to disagree. Being town and sitting here letting myself to be lynched is not okay. I am going to kick up a storm and throw a fit because it will give even more information to the town to work with on the following days

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I'm suspicious of VT claims in a role-heavy game.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS

Shadow0 posted:

We have absolutely no idea who is what, and to be honest, this has been the least exciting thread we have ever read on SA; zero flavor at all, just stupid, stupid, stupid yelling.

We don't think Kashuno is scum, but if throwing him off a tower will save us from 11 pages of stupid banter, we are all for it.

##vote Kashuno

So that makes the list of lazy Kash votes:
Infinitum
TheDonPeters
Azuth
Shadow0

Most of which are new players, which makes me hesitant to kill them D1 since that same protection saved my rear end the first game when I was VT.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Infinitum posted:

And they will look suspicious for it if I flip town

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Yup

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Flavor heavy is not role heavy

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Kashuno posted:

Hey who wants to be a mason?
You should have picked me!

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Kashuno posted:

Flavor heavy is not role heavy

OP posted:

THIS IS A FLAVOR HEAVY GAME. You should be aware of this as you play, and note that role names, PM flavor text, and kill flavors may play a role in this game.

I guess it's arguable.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Infinitum posted:

If you want to be done with the angry ranting, KK is the better vote. Not because of anything he's done to make him scum, but because once Kashuno is dead he will find a new target.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Friction.123 posted:

So that makes the list of lazy Kash votes:
Infinitum

Initial vote was lazy, but I'm happy with where it is atm.

Infinitum posted:

Yeah I called him out on it as well.

Why mention it an hour into the game?
Why even loving mention it if you're not going to use it at all?

Regarding Kash roleclaiming Mason Recruiter

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Regarding the null tell thing though, what struck me with Kashuno is that he erupted at being voted on. Getting lynched as town on D1 is perfectly acceptable since it gives the rest of the town a read on the people who were driving the lynch.

Eh, sure? But most people aren't that reasonable. Like I'm fine with people voting me, but if they vote me for the "wrong reasons" then I'm going to get mad at them and point it out. Especially if I see some kind of logical inconsistency from the person, since that is my bread and butter of scum hunting. Are they purposely twisting my words to form some kind of scum narrative to vote a person I know is town? Or are they just unable to read? ;)

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Infinitum posted:

If we're playing the meta game, what's this 'we' nonsense?

^
Exactly.
Yep.
That's it!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Shadow0 posted:

^
Exactly.
Yep.
That's it!

Isn't the 3 Headed Knight a villain?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Infinitum posted:

No.

They are KNIGHTS.

Knights who say NI!!

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Yeah, I had to go back and read the OP, because I thought it was role-heavy too. But it isn't.

He even goes on to point out:

Flying Leatherman posted:

[*]To be clear: if you have the sentence "You have no special abilities, save for your power of persuasion" in your role PM, that's my way of saying that you have no night actions.

I'm always kind of bummed to get VT, but the flip side is it lets me worry less about getting voted. Not going to hurt us significantly if I get voted out.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Infinitum posted:

If we thought we were a villain, would we tell you that?
Is there even a list of the roles?
Does this castle even have enough food for everyone?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

King Burgundy posted:

Yeah, I had to go back and read the OP, because I thought it was role-heavy too. But it isn't.

He even goes on to point out:

I'm always kind of bummed to get VT, but the flip side is it lets me worry less about getting voted. Not going to hurt us significantly if I get voted out.

But didn't it also say that he includes that in every game he runs to obsfucate the role/flavor-heavy whatever?

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Kashuno posted:

##vote KK trying to distract from any sort of actual discussion by posing a fake stupid "puzzle" and then using it as justification for anything is lol.
I agree with this. I thought he was just joking around but a few posts later KK said he's actually trying to end joke phase.

I don't like Infinitum at this point in my catch up too, since he's trying to engage with the puzzle so fast after trying to feel you out regarding your mason. Doesn't feel like he was really trying to go anywhere with his post @ you regarding your mason.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
It should be noted that my thing says I win when all anti-round table factions are eliminated. It didn't say 'the' or 'both', so it would suggest there are more than two..?

Also i am willing to trade dennis if that is allowed. I assume it's not, though!

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

gannyGrabber posted:

It should be noted that my thing says I win when all anti-round table factions are eliminated. It didn't say 'the' or 'both', so it would suggest there are more than two..?

Also i am willing to trade dennis if that is allowed. I assume it's not, though!

Oh jfc. In a game this big, would that mean two scum teams?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Rascyc posted:

You should have picked me!

unfortunately we have not yet decided mutually on a member.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

But didn't it also say that he includes that in every game he runs to obsfucate the role/flavor-heavy whatever?

Ah, true. Guess it doesn't mean much then.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Shadow0 posted:

^
Exactly.
Yep.
That's it!

Shadow0 posted:

If we thought we were a villain, would we tell you that?
Is there even a list of the roles?
Does this castle even have enough food for everyone?

Well you boys aren't knights of the round table if we're in a flavour-heavy game, that's for sure.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

gannyGrabber posted:

Oh jfc. In a game this big, would that mean two scum teams?

possible, though unlikely! It is probably a Serial Killer, Cult, or some other 3rd party that is in the mix

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Ok so I am Sir Vladimir and I had to do a bunch of crazy things when the game started with the Mod and I managed to get lucky. I can go into it if you want but I found out TT is scum and guilty and a liar and not a very good person.

##vote TT

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Infinitum posted:

Well you boys aren't knights of the round table if we're in a flavour-heavy game, that's for sure.

this is a good enough reason to vote honestly.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Kashuno posted:

unfortunately we have not yet decided mutually on a member.

because we're like three hours in and if your claim is accurate they're probably either working or commuting and oh god

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Your Personal Muse posted:

Ok so I am Sir Vladimir and I had to do a bunch of crazy things when the game started with the Mod and I managed to get lucky. I can go into it if you want but I found out TT is scum and guilty and a liar and not a very good person.

##vote TT

Oh hey, how about those VT claims!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

##vote TT

mmm care to elaborate?

because we're like three hours in and if your claim is accurate they're probably either working or commuting and oh god

or reading. you're going to hate playing with me i think

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Infinitum posted:

This is actually a decent point.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Rascyc posted:

Doesn't feel like he was really trying to go anywhere with his post @ you regarding your mason.

I wasn't initially, but was happy to sit back and watch him post for a while and was happy with leaving my vote on him for the time being.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Kashuno posted:

or reading. you're going to hate playing with me i think

I already do! But I'm not quite convinced you're scum.

Yet.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

##vote TT

Wild. Ok.

##vote TT

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

##vote TT

I'm happy to vote TT if your claiming he's 100% scum and can elaborate further mate.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Shadow0 posted:

just stupid, stupid, stupid yelling.

I'm sorry, but do you understand mafia? Yelling and namecalling is pretty much all it is. Flavor is the mods job.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Oh hey, how about those VT claims!

Mine is still good. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Infinitum posted:

I'm happy to vote TT if your claiming he's 100% scum and can elaborate further mate.

• Locked thread