Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

BTW, one odd thing.

The experiment dude is Bedevere. I found one weird witch script on the internet where they refer to him as Vladimir instead, but it's Bedevere. I just rewatched the scene.

Not sure what to make of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Infinitum posted:

What are your thoughts on Shadow0 after I've caught him in a potential scumslip after claiming the 3 Headed Knight?

Posts in questions for reference:

This is dumb. First of all, scum are far more hesitant about saying anything that will paint them as a scum. I don't think this tells anything about Shadow as it is, but if it tells us anything, its that Shadow is more town than scum.

I'm on board with Rascyc. I think (he? she? sorry I forget I used to know) has a good case against Infinitum

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
That post might as well be Cyrillic to me. I don't get it at all.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Rascyc posted:

That post might as well be Cyrillic to me. I don't get it at all.
This is @ Kash quoting YPM

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS

Rascyc posted:

I don't see how that means 100% scum either. He went into it. How does he draw that conclusion from what he went into it?

Nice attempt at distancing from my case on you by going after me I guess?

You're being obtuse, but for what its worth I at least believe you are being sincere (and you brought some good points).

Unfortunately, no one is going to be willing to vote for a possible scum when between YPM and TT we have confirmed scum. The actual details of how YPM came to the conclusion are somewhat irrelevant (provided he definitely got a scum result and isn't misinterpreting his results). It is a dumb gambit for a scum to make on D1, as it definitely outs them on D2 at the absolute latest for only one mislynch. Later in the game? Sure, when a mislynch puts us at lylo or worse.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I will say I don''t know if I'm insane or not (or if the results of that particular experiment were wrong)

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Your Personal Muse posted:

I didn't know at the beginning of the process that I would have to leave one of them by the wayside. I am assuming that it is from my side that I had to leave CP out of the experiment, as a way of hovering my future experiments since I can't use CP for the rest of the game. I would guess that it will continue like that the next day (I will choose two people, choose a number, leave one of the people out of experiments permanently, and get some sort of result, whether it be cop or other role)

I didn't know at the beginning of the process that I would have to leave one of them by the wayside. I am assuming that it is from my side that I had to leave CP out of the experiment, as a way of hovering my future experiments since I can't use CP for the rest of the game. I would guess that it will continue like that the next day (I will choose two people, choose a number, leave one of the people out of experiments permanently, and get some sort of result, whether it be cop or other role)
someone correct where my thinking is wrong here:

- YPM selects 2 people and picks a 1-10
- YPM doesn't know what the 1-10 means
- YPM then selects 1 person to leave out
- YPM gets a result on one person

Yea?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Rascyc posted:

I don't see how that means 100% scum either. He went into it. How does he draw that conclusion from what he went into it?

Nice attempt at distancing from my case on you by going after me I guess?

I'm not going after you though, all I've done is answered your questions and clarified some of your assumptions.

This is dumb. First of all, scum are far more hesitant about saying anything that will paint them as a scum. I don't think this tells anything about Shadow as it is, but if it tells us anything, its that Shadow is more town than scum.

I said potential scumslip, it's a role heavy game and if we're looking at the meta poo poo the 3 Headed Knight isn't a member of the Round Table.

It's a logical conclusion is all, and I'll be keeping an eye on Shadow0 a lot more because of it.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Infinitum posted:

I'm not going after you though, all I've done is answered your questions and clarified some of your assumptions.

I said potential scumslip, it's a role heavy game and if we're looking at the meta poo poo the 3 Headed Knight isn't a member of the Round Table.

It's a logical conclusion is all, and I'll be keeping an eye on Shadow0 a lot more because of it.

Swallows aren't part of the round table either :aaaaa:

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Rascyc posted:

someone correct where my thinking is wrong here:

- YPM selects 2 people and picks a 1-10
- YPM doesn't know what the 1-10 means
- YPM then selects 1 person to leave out
- YPM gets a result on one person

Yea?

That is correct. I will also state I did not know the process when I picked the two people. I only knew I needed to pick two people when I started.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Friction.123 posted:

Swallows aren't part of the round table either :aaaaa:

African or European? :v:

Threads making me want to rewatch Holy Grail and that's not a bad thing.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I haven't watched the holy grail in a long time.

I don't remember most of it.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Infinitum posted:

And thats a fine point to make, but you've been hiding behind it. It sounds like something a scum would jump on that is relatively benign, but that they can ride all the way to a lynch, seem like they are producing content, and then look back and say "whoops"

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

That is correct. I will also state I did not know the process when I picked the two people. I only knew I needed to pick two people when I started.
Okay I feel you now. The 1-10 kind of strikes me as a dice roll.

I dunno what to do with that, it seems unreliable. Two people mentioning a chain lynch instantly soar up in my mind though.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

CapitalistPig posted:

It isn't that it is the context of Tastes claim, there is definitely VT in this game, but the way taste shoehorned it into the conversation was weird and clunky and it just screamed scum fake claim to me.

This is why I voted for Taste based on that claim but also because Taste loves dicking around with fakeclaims. I don't see him locking himself into a VT claim straight out the gate unless he had ulterior motives.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Friction.123 posted:

You did catch the part where Muse said he got a PR result that said TT was scum right?

Its pretty clear cut, if we lynch TT and he isn't scum, then Muse must have lied and is either scum or actively bad for town.
This being the second person who mentioned it. "actively bad for town" is alarming too

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Rascyc posted:

Okay I feel you now. The 1-10 kind of strikes me as a dice roll.

I dunno what to do with that, it seems unreliable. Two people mentioning a chain lynch instantly soar up in my mind though.

I normally agree when it comes to chain lynches, but in this case it's literally someone is unequivocally calling someone else scum. Their alignments are not the same.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Rascyc posted:

This being the second person who mentioned it. "actively bad for town" is alarming too

Is Friction new? I'm more willing to abide with new people saying that stuff since they don't know about gambits, insanity, godfathers, etc.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Is Friction new? I'm more willing to abide with new people saying that stuff since they don't know about gambits, insanity, godfathers, etc.

I don't think there has been a single "insane" role in the year I've been playing mafia.

Also, as a gambit this should make no sense.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Tremendous Taste posted:

For whatever it's worth, I'm one of robin's minstrels

Hmmmmmm.

Don't think I'm buying this either.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I don't know vote finder says very few games. I think throwing in an "actively bad for town" kind of negates that though. A new player (whether town or scum) would explain someone else's logic and leave it at that usually (as an excuse to post content typically). Friction tosses in an extra phrase for good measure which makes it lean a little on the scum side to me.

I still really REALLY prefer Inf

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Kashuno posted:

I don't think there has been a single "insane" role in the year I've been playing mafia.

Why would it make no sense? We had now three people talk about chain lynching and various degrees of analyzing the claim (I'm not saying its amazing the amount of content that has been generated, but there is some). It seems weird you are so eager to lynch me if I'm wrong or gambling or insane or anything else. Its one thing to look at me or even think I'm scum, but you and two others are saying that i should automatically be lynched.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

YPM what results do you get from the report? Just Alignment?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Propaganda Machine posted:

I'm suspicious of VT claims in a role-heavy game.

What's giving people the impression this is a role heavy game? Looking at the OP I got the impression it was fairly standard.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Rarity posted:

What's giving people the impression this is a role heavy game? Looking at the OP I got the impression it was fairly standard.

People are getting confused with Flavour Heavy.

This is a FLAVOUR heavy game, NOT role heavy.

Flying Leatherman posted:

Mod Notes
[*]THIS IS A FLAVOR HEAVY GAME. You should be aware of this as you play, and note that role names, PM flavor text, and kill flavors may play a role in this game.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Kashuno posted:

I normally agree when it comes to chain lynches, but in this case it's literally someone is unequivocally calling someone else scum. Their alignments are not the same.

Kashuno posted:

It's not a gambit and yes, he called someone scum and afterwards realized his result may not be correct. I don't know what that necessarily says about YPM so all we're with are the posts and how people interacted with those posts. In my mind the way some people reacted to those posts is scummy. That's not a gambit.

Is this confusing? I can help clear up the thought process later. I have to go for now and start my day.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

gannyGrabber posted:

It should be noted that my thing says I win when all anti-round table factions are eliminated. It didn't say 'the' or 'both', so it would suggest there are more than two..?

Also i am willing to trade dennis if that is allowed. I assume it's not, though!

That's just standard language for mafia games, it's designed to give town zero info. It doesn't mean there's definitely more than two.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Ok so I am Sir Vladimir and I had to do a bunch of crazy things when the game started with the Mod and I managed to get lucky. I can go into it if you want but I found out TT is scum and guilty and a liar and not a very good person.

##vote TT

I'm right in thinking you and Taste were bitter enemies back in the day, right?

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I think the confusing part from the OP is that he says that role names may play a big part, but then doesn't give us a list of role names.

To the guy claiming mason: did OP call you a mason or does your role have a weird holy grail-y name..?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Infinitum posted:

YPM what results do you get from the report? Just Alignment?

It said the three coconuts I set up in an isosceles triangle buckled under the pressure, leading you to conclude TT is not a friend of the sciences

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Rarity posted:

I'm right in thinking you and Taste were bitter enemies back in the day, right?

We still are, I hate him and he's the worst and I will murder him

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

It said the three coconuts I set up in an isosceles triangle buckled under the pressure, leading you to conclude TT is not a friend of the sciences

Wait, what

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Rarity, don't be stupid

YPM, don't lie

Rest, have at me

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Oh, and hi rascyc

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

I would argue that most of the round table are friends of the sciences, (the swallow thing, the duck thing, etc.) but that this result does not preclude TT from being an idiot towny like he claimed.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

gannyGrabber posted:

I think the confusing part from the OP is that he says that role names may play a big part, but then doesn't give us a list of role names.

To the guy claiming mason: did OP call you a mason or does your role have a weird holy grail-y name..?

I am a european swallow, and can talk to a african swallow.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Infinitum posted:

YPM is straight up claiming someone is 100% scum.

If he's lying, he dies tomorrow.

There are other reasons for him to do this than being scum such as the huge personal vendetta he's had for Taste for years leading him to put lynching Taste over catching scum.

YPM, what's your flavour?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

:laffo:

##unvote

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Wait.
So that's all you got?

How do you know that "not a friend of the sciences" means he's scum?

TT is scum and guilty and a liar and not a very good person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Kashuno posted:

I am a european swallow, and can talk to a african swallow.

Did the PM state anything about your velocity relative to each other..?

• Locked thread