Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

CapitalistPig posted:

That is bullshit because I have seen lynchers before AND KK had such a dumb unreasonable hard on for Kashuno that Lyncher is the first thing that came to mind. If it didn't for you sorry about your wrong opinion.

of course you think it's bullshit I think you're scummy. And I don't give a gently caress, I've seen scum use the lyncher argument to save scum buddies many times

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
watch out KK found a new target.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Khris Kruel posted:

of course you think it's bullshit I think you're scummy. And I don't give a gently caress, I've seen scum use the lyncher argument to save scum buddies many times

Lol whatever.

You are legit bad at mafia.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
The case with cpig saying lyncher is stupid, he has said even more stupid things in the past

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

CapitalistPig posted:

Lol whatever.

You are legit bad at mafia.

yeah ok you lurk every loving game and never contribute

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Your Personal Muse posted:

I didn't find the guy who I originally thought was weird but granny ignoring the claim until I released further information that made it suspicious was scummy

Ganny*

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Also i ignored the claim until i got further info because not 2 hours earlier we all got jerked around by some fucko posting fake poo poo.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

K. Tell me who you think are scum. Here I'll go first.

1. Infinitum
2. You
3. Azuth
In that order.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Khris Kruel posted:

yeah ok you lurk every loving game and never contribute

So?

You are a dick to everyone and think you're gods gift to mafia but in reality are just an abrasive shitlord.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

gannyGrabber posted:

Also i ignored the claim until i got further info because not 2 hours earlier we all got jerked around by some fucko posting fake poo poo.

how you feeling about playing with a bunch of veterans?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

gannyGrabber posted:

So you knew it was fake when I posted it?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
And wouldn't some Fucko posting fake poo poo be warranting comment?

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

gannyGrabber posted:

the whole point is to get people to respond and go off reads from that...like how YPM did a gambit. It's not unheard of, just uncommon.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

That sure was 500 pages.

I really don't like YPM's gambit. It looks like he was trying to push a "scum result" in a way he could plausibly backtrack.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Err 500 posts I meant.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
:ffg:

SirSamVimes posted:

That sure was 500 pages.

I really don't like YPM's gambit. It looks like he was trying to push a "scum result" in a way he could plausibly backtrack.

I assume this is your one meaningful post for the day?

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Podima posted:

I may have missed it, but can you clarify why - at the time of your original post - you felt it was worth ignoring a claimed scum result?
Because I thought he was making it up, but I wasn't sure about that. I wanted to focus on Infinitum at the time. Once I saw Infinitum interact with it and also YPM ask me about it directly, I felt I had to at least engage in it at that point.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

SirSamVimes posted:

That sure was 500 pages.

Is that all you have to say about 500 posts?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Eh whatever I wanted it to go longer but I don't think it makes sense to let it go for any longer. It was a lie or a gambit or whatever none of it was true. KB was right, I googled "guy who did the experiment with the duck" and Vladimir came up. I did it because my eyes glazed over with the slap fighting, I thought it would at very least generate content, and I thought it would be funnier. But mostly it was the first reason

##unvote

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Friction.123 posted:

I assume this is your one meaningful post for the day?

That sure is a random unwarranted attack.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I didn't find the guy who I originally thought was weird but granny ignoring the claim until I released further information that made it suspicious was scummy

Rarity posted:

This post makes me like YPM for town. It's an interesting insight that I don't think scum would throw out.

Can one of you reword it then? I can't parse that.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Rarity posted:

Is that all you have to say about 500 posts?

That's the first opinion that comes to mind. A while lot of what I skimmed through was white noise.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

So you knew it was fake when I posted it?

I had a distinct impression you were leaving out pertinent information, which was close enough to the truth: you failed to flesh out your horseshit story enough to impress me.

Khris Kruel posted:

how you feeling about playing with a bunch of veterans?

This is more painful than the time I posted in FYAD and someone was going to murderfuck me.

K. Tell me who you think are scum. Here I'll go first.

1. Infinitum
2. You
3. Azuth
In that order.

1: Glowku
2: Me
3: that other guy, you know! 'Ol what's-his-face.

Day 1 is literally just Wild Mass Guessing, since no posts can be trusted to be even 1% true.

Well, except mine. I'm being 100% real with you all!

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
I'm pretty sure no one talking is scum, there are like 2000 other players we could be looking at.
I think "I" makes more sense for me to say that "we".
We will stop using "we", except in a royal sense.

The complete lack of any posting gimmicks and random wordsing is making this really boring to read.
I want to solve this mystery, but I have no idea what is going on.
Let's just kill some people.

Are all the roles taken from the movie?
I have no idea what roles are even available.
I hope at least some are dinner rolls.

I feel like I should have three votes.
It only makes sense.
Let's have some tea.

##vote Khris Kruel
##vote Tremendous Taste
##vote Doctor Dogballs

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

SirSamVimes posted:

That sure is a random unwarranted attack.

It was random and mean spirited. But probably not unwarranted. ;)

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

King Burgundy posted:

Can one of you reword it then? I can't parse that.

I just came back to talk about it actually. My initial post was saying that I thought ganny was scummy for only interacting with my claim when it became "ok" for him to be suspicious, which might mean he knew I was wrong. But I don't know why rarity thought I was town because of it, seems weird.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Shadow0 posted:

I'm pretty sure no one talking is scum, there are like 2000 other players we could be looking at.
I think "I" makes more sense for me to say that "we".
We will stop using "we", except in a royal sense.

The complete lack of any posting gimmicks and random wordsing is making this really boring to read.
I want to solve this mystery, but I have no idea what is going on.
Let's just kill some people.

Are all the roles taken from the movie?
I have no idea what roles are even available.
I hope at least some are dinner rolls.

I feel like I should have three votes.
It only makes sense.
Let's have some tea.

##vote Khris Kruel
##vote Tremendous Taste
##vote Doctor Dogballs

Do you really have the ability to triple vote. Can you vote 3 of the same person?

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

gannyGrabber posted:

This is more painful than the time I posted in FYAD and someone was going to murderfuck me.

there's a reason I didn't want anyone but new players in the GBS game :sun:

just never give up and keep posting, it'll get easier

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I just came back to talk about it actually. My initial post was saying that I thought ganny was scummy for only interacting with my claim when it became "ok" for him to be suspicious, which might mean he knew I was wrong. But I don't know why rarity thought I was town because of it, seems weird.

Hmmm, interesting. But you thought Rasyc was towny for ignoring it? Not trying to put words in your mouth here, just trying to figure out the difference.

And yeah, I also thought Rarity's take there was weird, but assumed I was missing something since your post seemed to be missing words.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I think the trick is to be like the guy who doesn't look at the thread all day, skims 500 posts, and peaces out. He still seems sane.

But my mobile data renewed today, so I'm stuck hitting refresh.

Hail satan.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

King Burgundy posted:

Hmmm, interesting. But you thought Rasyc was towny for ignoring it? Not trying to put words in your mouth here, just trying to figure out the difference.

And yeah, I also thought Rarity's take there was weird, but assumed I was missing something since your post seemed to be missing words.

I do think rasc is town, but not for ignoring it. The difference between ignoring it and not though is ganny at the end had that post where he chimed in to discredit it

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
Votecount for Day 1

Kashuno (3): Infinitum, White Noise Marine, Khris Kruel, Jimson, Azuth0667, TheDonPeters, TheDonPeters, Shadow0, Infinitum, Khris Kruel, Shadow0, Podima
Infinitum (2): Rarity, Rarity, Rascyc, Your Personal Muse
Tremendous Taste (1): CapitalistPig, Rarity, Kashuno, Kashuno, Your Personal Muse, King Burgundy, Kashuno, Infinitum, Kashuno, Infinitum, CapitalistPig, Your Personal Muse, King Burgundy, Shadow0, Shadow0
gannyGrabber (1): gannyGrabber
Your Personal Muse (1): Infinitum
Doctor Dogballs (1): Shadow0
Khris Kruel (0): CapitalistPig, Kashuno, gannyGrabber, CapitalistPig, Kashuno, gannyGrabber, Shadow0, Shadow0
Tommunist (0): Kashuno, Kashuno
White Noise Marine (0): Kashuno, Kashuno

Not Voting (12): SirSamVimes, Friction.123, Glowku, Tommunist, tpink, Propaganda Machine, Doctor Dogballs, Tremendous Taste, GulagDolls, TheDonPeters, Kashuno, CapitalistPig, Khris Kruel, King Burgundy

With 24 alive, it's 13 votes to execute. The current deadline is April 07th, 2016 at 8 p.m. EST -- that's in about 51 hours 20 minutes, if my math is accurate.

If the vote counts are too frequent speak up! I'm trying to keep up with the thread and keep things a little more up to date since we are short one votefinder.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

gannyGrabber posted:

You leave poor Azuth alone, he's had a rough go of it.

This is right after I made my claim. He ignores it to defend Azuth.

gannyGrabber posted:

I would argue that most of the round table are friends of the sciences, (the swallow thing, the duck thing, etc.) but that this result does not preclude TT from being an idiot towny like he claimed.
But then he talks about it here when it's safe to argue against it.

I'm not going to claim that this was my plan all along or it's a gotcha, but it's enough to give me pause, since I would think it's likely scum didn't know what to do with my claim given they know TT is town or they don't know if I'm telling the truth. I just think his whole attitude toward is is weird and makes me think he only talked about it shallowly to produce content when it was safe to do so

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
And then he just talked about why he wouldn't talk about it since I was just some loon making things up but the second quoted post he is taking it seriously

Something just doesn't add up

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Hmmm, I can kind of see it. I'm just not feeling it as strongly as I'm feeling Rasyc for a similar reason. I feel like his lack of engagement until called out on it, and automatically assuming what you were saying was bs once he did engage, was a sign that he knew more about TT's alignment then the rest of us.

##vote Rascyc

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Where was I ever called out for a lack of engagement?

I have no read on TT what so ever.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

King Burgundy posted:

Hmmm, I can kind of see it. I'm just not feeling it as strongly as I'm feeling Rasyc for a similar reason. I feel like his lack of engagement until called out on it, and automatically assuming what you were saying was bs once he did engage, was a sign that he knew more about TT's alignment then the rest of us.

##vote Rascyc

King Burgundy posted:

##vote Rascyc

Maybe because I knew it was fake from the beginning, but I read it as genuine. I thought he was using my meta or just the fact it was a day 1 cop claim

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I was using the power of reading. I think maybe the trip up is that I was able to read these posts in context after I made my Inf case:

Ok so I am Sir Vladimir and I had to do a bunch of crazy things when the game started with the Mod and I managed to get lucky. I can go into it if you want but I found out TT is scum and guilty and a liar and not a very good person.

##vote TT

I chose two people to do an experiment on. I chose CP and TT. I then had to choose a number between 1-10 (I don't know what the numbers do right now). I had to choose one of them to get rid of and one of them to get results on, so I can't do anything with CP from now on (or TT for that matter).

Whereas most people probably just jumped off from the first post which reads much more like a straight cop. The second post to me at the time read off as something make-believe or YPM drawing an improper conclusion.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

gannyGrabber posted:

I think the trick is to be like the guy who doesn't look at the thread all day, skims 500 posts, and peaces out. He still seems sane.

But my mobile data renewed today, so I'm stuck hitting refresh.

Hail satan.

I was asleep. New Zealand is a fun timezone to play Mafia from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

SirSamVimes posted:

I was asleep. New Zealand is a fun timezone to play Mafia from.

You can safely go back to sleep and nobody would fault you

• Locked thread