Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
I will take up my sword on this most holy quest!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
Hello! Hello! Hello!

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Khris Kruel posted:

hello fellow questers. I've been charged with receiving an extra side quest and need to solve this to gain knowledge of the scum. I'm allowed to post this image from my role:

At first glance not sure what's up. Help me solve it?

It's Korean.
It says, "ㄴㅠㅛㅁ ㅠㅕㄴ ㅁㄷㅁㄴ ㄱㅕㅛㄱㄴ".
It roughly translates to, "nyuyom yuyeon mdmn gyeoyogn".

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer
We have absolutely no idea who is what, and to be honest, this has been the least exciting thread we have ever read on SA; zero flavor at all, just stupid, stupid, stupid yelling.

We don't think Kashuno is scum, but if throwing him off a tower will save us from 11 pages of stupid banter, we are all for it.

##vote Kashuno

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Infinitum posted:

If we're playing the meta game, what's this 'we' nonsense?

^
Exactly.
Yep.
That's it!

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Infinitum posted:

Isn't the 3 Headed Knight a villain?

If we thought we were a villain, would we tell you that?
Is there even a list of the roles?
Does this castle even have enough food for everyone?

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Khris Kruel posted:

guys, I want to let you all know we have a lot of new players in the game. Please be very specific if you think someone is scummy. They don't know lingo like we do

Yes, we're so lost.
The fighting seems to be over, but there are still far too many expert players afoot making this all way too confusing.
But for now, ##unvote (unless the stupid fighting resumes).

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I'm pretty sure no one talking is scum, there are like 2000 other players we could be looking at.
I think "I" makes more sense for me to say that "we".
We will stop using "we", except in a royal sense.

The complete lack of any posting gimmicks and random wordsing is making this really boring to read.
I want to solve this mystery, but I have no idea what is going on.
Let's just kill some people.

Are all the roles taken from the movie?
I have no idea what roles are even available.
I hope at least some are dinner rolls.

I feel like I should have three votes.
It only makes sense.
Let's have some tea.

##vote Khris Kruel
##vote Tremendous Taste
##vote Doctor Dogballs

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer
No, I don't get 3 votes. :(
Only the power of persuasion.
And the power to show up as scum if the cop looks at me too hard (as in looks at me while erect).

THUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNDDDEEEERRRRRDDDDDOOOOOMMMMEEEE!!!
##vote Kashuno
May God protect the righteous and cast the sinner from our ranks.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Kashuno posted:

Rarity,

maybe it is us, the mafia players, who have truly lost our way :negative:

Yes.
##unvote
I was really excited for the Thunderdome, but I guess it's over.

Infinitum posted:

Anyone not checked in yet?

Doctor Dogballs has said only like one message.
Which is why I was considering voting for him.
But I think it's just because there's a trillion posts and his avatar caption thing (signature?) says 0.00 posts per day, so you know...

Kashuno posted:

No shame agreeing with the best mafia player around imo

Pride cometh before the fall (out of the highest tower).
All the "experts (but no one is ever an expert at Mafia)" keep talking about how great they are, but here we are, still stuck in a castle.
No one is even considering where we'll all sleep - I call dibs on the largest bed!

We're getting no where by yelling at each other.
Can we stop the bickering and solve this like the good, God-fearing folk we are?
I don't even know who everyone is; let's all just take some time and introduce ourselves.

Hello, as you maybe have noticed by my three heads, I'm the Three-Headed Knight - a fellow knight.
Me, two!
Me, three!

Me, one?

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Rascyc posted:

INGREDIENTS
3 1/2 ounces granulated sugar (1/2 cup; 100g)
1 teaspoon (4g) baking powder
1/2 teaspoon (3g) baking soda
1/2 teaspoon (2g) Diamond Crystal kosher salt; for table salt, use half as much by volume or use the same weight
1 ounce unsalted butter (2 tablespoons; 30g), melted
1/4 ounce vanilla extract (1 1/2 teaspoons; 7ml)
3 large egg yolks, preferably free-range for color
4 ounces plain, unsweetened nonfat Greek yogurt (1/2 cup; 110g), room temperature
6 1/2 ounces low-protein, all-purpose flour (shy 1 1/4 cup; 185g), such as Gold Medal, plus more for dusting
Refined coconut oil, enough to reach a 2” depth; about 32 ounces (1L) in an 8” pot
4 ounces powdered sugar (1 cup; 115g)

DIRECTIONS

1.Making and Shaping the Dough: Combine granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl, then stir in melted butter, vanilla, egg yolks, and Greek yogurt. When well combined, sift in flour and stir to form a soft dough, no more than 30 seconds. Turn onto a lightly floured work surface and knead until easy to handle. Dusting with as much flour as needed, roll to 3/8 inch thick. Brush off excess flour with a damp pastry brush and cut into 1 3/4–inch rounds. Arrange upside down on a paper towel–lined baking sheet, then brush away excess flour. Gather scraps, briefly knead, and repeat as before.

2.Forming the Hole: With a damp fingertip, press an indentation into the center of each doughnut, then flip the doughnuts and repeat. Take one doughnut in both hands and use a finger to gently pull open a hole in the center. (The paper-thin centers will give way at the slightest touch.) Smooth the ragged edges if you like and repeat with the remaining doughnuts.

3.Preparing the Oil: Melt refined coconut oil in a microwave, then pour into a roughly 8- to 10-inch stainless steel pot to a depth of at least 2 inches. (This gives cake doughnuts room to sink, allowing them to fry more quickly and absorb less oil.) Clip on digital thermometer and warm to 365°F over medium heat. Meanwhile, line a baking sheet with 3 layers of paper towels and have the powdered sugar ready in a fine-mesh sieve.

4.Frying the Doughnuts: When oil reaches 365°F, practice maintaining that temperature for a few minutes before beginning to fry. Once you're comfortable with the controls, slip a test doughnut into the hot oil and fry until pale gold, turning frequently with tongs to ensure even color, about 60 seconds. Transfer to a paper towel–lined baking sheet, then sprinkle generously with powdered sugar. Taste to see how you like the results, adding or subtracting a few seconds if needed to perfect subsequent batches. Fry remaining doughnuts, up to 6 or 7 at a time, and enjoy warm with powdered sugar. Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 36 hours at room temperature (these are best dunked in milk or coffee).

THIS PERSON GETS IT!
Finally someone addressing the food problem.
Now we just need to address the bedding problem.

Rarity posted:

Partly cause the new players aren't posting much actual content yet. Partly cause D1's been almost exclusively Kash/KK having a bitchfit and YPM's dumb gambit followed by the even dumber YPM bandwagon.

gannyGrabber posted:

Considering we have no idea of what roles are in the game, how many factions there are, or any of that, "randomly" picking somebody is really the only option, isn't it? I mean, you can try to infer whatever you want from what people are posting, but all the gambits and accusations and meta-gaming amount to nothing of substance or value until they are seen in hindsight. And even then...

And it's not so random when you pick the most prolific superhero poo poo poster in the thread and pluck him out so there's less noise.

Infinitum posted:

I just realised.. What if Shadow0 is a 3P? :v:

Yes, I have three penises.
And two butts.
What about it?

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

SirSamVimes posted:

I don't like how Shadow is just hiding behind his own gimmick and making bad suggestions like a mass flavourclaim.

"I don't like fun."
##vote YMsomething
So we can move on with our lives.

I really don't understand what's so bad about saying people should introduce a little bit about themselves.
Or at least doing anything besides calling each other stupid.
Am I having the wrong kind of fun?

What's flavor; can I eat it?
I guess we're British knights, right?
*flavour

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Woo!
I got to be a hammer!
Can I be the one to toss him out of the tower?

Anyway, I feel like I've been too complainy about the fighting.
It's probably just as unfun to read as the posts I'm complaining about.
I'll try to dial it back.

See you all in the morning.
Well, hopefully I do.
Always a chance of blindness (or death [or invisibility?]).

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Infinitum posted:

I want to review Shadow0's posts as well, as he's admitted to being the 3 Headed Knight and in no way can I see him being part of the Round Table from a flavour perspective.

Yes, it is true.
I once tried to kill Robin.
But I have since then found the light, my savior and hero, Mayor Glowku.

I don't know if this setup has been used before, so admitting I was a scum class would be pretty dumb if it said I was a scum class.
Though due to my past transgressions again Robin, Brave Sir Robin, I show up as scum, a Miller one might say.
So investigating me is a waste if anyone has that ability.

Mayor Glowku posted:

NOW THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN ABOUT! WITH THE CHAMP ON OUR SIDE WE CAN'T POSSIBLY LOSE

I'm with the CHAMP!
##vote TheDonPeters
I lend you my strength!

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Infinitum posted:

For Shadow0 I think he has straight up flavour-slipped, and is probably a rookie mistake on his part (Is he a new player?)

Posts in questions for reference:

Once he's realised he's been caught out on it, switches from using 'We' to be less obvious about the PR:

His main votes for the day were twice for Kashuno, being the hammer on YPM, and these votes from the same post where he swapped from using 'We'

I still post in triplets.
It just made more sense to me to use "I" for each head.
I wanted to do it so the last message was always something random, but I figured that'd be confusing.

I regret changing my posting gimmick after I had already introduced it.
But the "we" sounds more like a hive mind rather than what I was going for.
I'm obviously still claiming to be the same character.

Infinitum posted:

I'd def like to see more from them today.

Me too!
I like posting.
Makes me feel alive.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Rarity posted:

My first thought was this was a haiku

My second thought was someone needs to run Haiku Mafia

This would be much fun.
I'm down for that kind of game.
Cherry blossoms bloom.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer
So, wait, do we have to post with our flavor?
I was just doing it to have fun.
Not that I'll stop either way.

My flavor text tells me I'm :words:.
But It's hard to out-:words: all of you.
Though I'd probably be :words: anyway because I'm me.

Can someone explain why exposing your flavor is dangerous?
It seemed like someone can kill you or something if they know?
Are there special character interactions or something?

The way I see it, town has to have more members than scum, right?
So it seems like a lot of characters you might expect to be scum are town.
Or are there multiple teams, and it's a 1/3 vs 1/3 vs 1/3 or something scenario?

TheDonPeters seems insightful.
I'm actually from ADTRW (Azuleth is going to kill me now, isn't he?), but I'm partially GBS-aligned.
##unvote - sorry, CHAMP, but I'm not convinced he's evil quite yet.

I search the castle.
Looking for clues.
And especially looking for hidden rooms (or food).

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Azuth0667 posted:

I submit this as evidence and anyone below 50 posts and not one of my gibbis brothers and sisters needs to up their posting lest they draw the attention of Ahriman.

We all know what happened the last time that occurred. *looks out the window at YPM's red blotch*

This is why I had voted DoctorDogBalls (at bottom of the list [least post-i-ful]), and Kashuno (at the top of the list [most annoying]).
I'm not doing well on that list either.
And so far I also haven't really contributed anything.

I have some feelings about people, but most of those feelings are simply who isn't scum.
Still pretty satisfied with YPM's death, the thread is much nicer now.
But that might just be because everyone cooled off.

Did we ever figure out the mason thing?
I was rather surprised we had to bring cyphers etc into this.
Did we get any information from it, because no one is talking about it anymore?

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Infinitum posted:

If you're posting for 3 individual heads just for flavour you don't need to mate.

But I like to mate.
It's how we continue to have humans.
And it's fun!

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Infinitum posted:

Exposing flavour in a mafia game can be dangerous.

You posted in sets of 3 and we're using the royal 'we'
I picked up on that immediately and knew you were the 3 Headed Knight.
The dude is straight up a villian in the show.

You flavour slipped and it was easy to pounce on.

What makes something a flavor slip?
I was just trying to figure out how to sound in character.
But ultimately didn't like it.

I wanted to start out subtle, so not sure why I ever went with we to begin with.
Doesn't matter anyway.
Everyone knows who I am.

You should know anyway.
If you have eyes.
Let's all have some breakfast now and then maybe explore the castle a bit.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Shadow0 posted:

What makes something a flavor slip?
I was just trying to figure out how to sound in character.
But ultimately didn't like it.

I wanted to start out subtle, so not sure why I ever went with we to begin with.
Doesn't matter anyway.
Everyone knows who I am.

You should know anyway.
If you have eyes.
Let's all have some breakfast now and then maybe explore the castle a bit.

*"we"
I really should preview my posts before making them.
I've ninja edited like 4000 posts so far, maybe I'll never learn.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

:livintrope:
:kamina:
:zoro:

Mayor Glowku posted:

I'm not Goku!? I'm the Champ!

Propaganda Machine posted:

Who ... is, "Champ?"

Champ / Mr Satan / サタンさん / Hercule / Mayor Glowku, I agree that maybe killing off a lurker would be good.
Though I think TheDonPeters defended me at some point?
Infinitum seems to be suspicious of me, but in a trying to distract everyone from himself kind of way.

I'll hammer if the chance pops up.
But for now, I'm not sure who is evil.
So no change in my vote just yet.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I'm a bit confused on Infinitum's claim that I flavor-slipped on the "we" thing.
Does he mean he thinks I am actually a role that would use the royal "we", like King Arthur or something?
Or does he mean I accidentally revealed I was the Three-Headed Knight, because that was never a secret.

I feel like I'm cheating a bit with my gimmick.
Some of my sentences are definitely two packed into one or one unpacked into two.
And also, it's not as fun as I had hoped it would be. :(

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Kashuno posted:

glowku is a hero

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer
How do I only have 24 posts?
I'm on Summer break; I've been reading this thread all day every day.
Maybe I should break my posts into multiple ones.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I don't think pushing for unpopular bandwagons is something scum would do, but it is what Azuth is doing.
I don't really think he is scum, but I can't be sure.
I also really don't think Don is scum, I think he's just new and busy.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I feel like of the 21 players left, I know almost nothing about a alot of them.
I'd like to hear more from Propaganda Machine, Friction, Tommunist, Flying Leatherman, Jimson, SirSamVimes, and Tremendous Taste.
Not to say I suspect them, just that I don't know how I feel about them yet.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

tpink posted:

Why do you think it's an unpopular bandwagon? It's still got a bunch of votes for it and only a handful of people saying anything against it.

Some people were calling it unpopular - or more like I guess they were just calling it bad.
I didn't think it was one way or the other, but that's what people were saying.
Though I guess it would matter more if he thought it was not going well and kept on it, rather than just a few people he didn't care about calling it bad.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I really hope we can thin out the numbers soon because I'm starting to think 23 players is just too many.
Especially without even knowing what roles are available or how many players are scum or even how many factions there are.
(I/) We just know way too little now.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

gannyGrabber posted:

Haha pay attention bro

Oh, haha.
Well, like I said 23 players is a lot to keep track of.
Obviously I'm not in a position to make an informed decision.

Maybe in the morning I'll make some charts.
I, too, am of a different time zone.
How many hours left?

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Infinitum posted:

I read Shadow0 as town for the moment from the way they've been posting.

There's nothing I like about PMachine's recent postings.

I've been rereading everyone's posts in turn.
I was going to post my anal(lol)sys of everyone, but then I got to Kashuno's 7 pages.
Nearly everyone has been suspicious of Infinitum and Propaganda Machine.

I say we pick one to lynch.
It'll tell us a lot.
I'll try to get my analyseseses up later today (German timezoneeeeeeeee), but probably it will be too late.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Also, Propaganda Machine, CapitalistPig, Tremendous Taste, and Gulag 's links in the OP are broken.
I've got 11 analyses done, maybe I can get the others done today.
...but video games......

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Shadow0 posted:

I feel like of the 21 players left, I know almost nothing about a alot of them.
I'd like to hear more from Propaganda Machine, Friction, Tommunist, Flying Leatherman, Jimson, SirSamVimes, and Tremendous Taste.
Not to say I suspect them, just that I don't know how I feel about them yet.

I said "alot"...
Noooooooooooooooooooo!!!
Just kill me, I don't deserve to live!!! :'( :'( :'(

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Stop.
Hammer time!
##vote Propoganda Machine

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Rarity posted:

I hope you dummies have learnt your lesson about lynching uncontested doctor claims.

Didn't Shadow claim miller during D1? Cause that would be a really stupid decision on Infinitum's part.

I did.
I figured after I claimed Black Knight, he'd want to investigate (especially since he kept mentioning me).
But since I'm Miller, it would only confirm his suspicions and waste an investigate.

I did a ton of research over the weekend.
Read all your pages in turn.
I will post my findings after class in a few hours.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Shadow0 posted:

I did.
I figured after I claimed Black Knight, he'd want to investigate (especially since he kept mentioning me).
But since I'm Miller, it would only confirm his suspicions and waste an investigate.

I did a ton of research over the weekend.
I will post my findings after class in a few hours.

I will never learn to preview my posts.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Shadow0 posted:

*Read all your posts in turn.
Though there were pages and pages of posts.
Seriously, you all talk a lot (well, most of you do...).

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Friction.123 posted:

Umm, the Three Headed Knight and the Black Knight are not the same two characters...

Sorry, I just woke up.
*Three-Headed Knight.
I need my breakfast.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Rarity posted:

Second time Shadow has hammered a town PR. I'm starting to think the miller claim came out as a rushed excuse for screwing up on his flavour.

I've been very consistent on my flavor except my latest post.
My last post is the only thing I could consider a slip.
Because I did slip up, I'm the Three-Headed Knight.

The fact that I'm always the hammer means I've never lead any of the charges.
I'm always the last to vote.
And who wouldn't want to be a hammer?

It's fun!
Super fun!
Pew pew (but with gravity)!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Rarity posted:

Ok wait I looked at the image holy poo poo that's insane :stare:

If Shadow is scum and did those notes for appearances then he deserves to win bloody hell

Those are double-sided, too.
Anyway, I really have class soon.
And I can't type while I eat.

I will be on the tram though, so I can phone post.
But it seems like that's a bad thing?
Can someone explain that?

• Locked thread