Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
Sure, dibs on the shrubbery though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Infinitum posted:

Also good luck counting 23 votes while votefinder is still broken.

Lol if you think 23 people will be active enough to vote consistently.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Flying Leatherman posted:

It's foolproof.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Well good morning everyone how are we this--

:yikes:

Here's my take on this back and forth: KK is behaving exactly the way he always does and I would be far more willing to vote for anyone that was throwing their vote on that bandwagon than either of them.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

gannyGrabber posted:

Nah, I'm VT and am dennis the peasant, a character I lack the education to play. ;(

Seriously though what the butt is an anarcho-syndacist commune..?

I should do some googling i guesssss.

Tremendous Taste posted:

For whatever it's worth, I'm one of robin's minstrels. I'd assumed all vt would be the same. Perhaps that would be too easy a back door

We have two conflicting VT claims here, and at least a few people who have indicated their roles are also singing-related.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Shadow0 posted:

We have absolutely no idea who is what, and to be honest, this has been the least exciting thread we have ever read on SA; zero flavor at all, just stupid, stupid, stupid yelling.

We don't think Kashuno is scum, but if throwing him off a tower will save us from 11 pages of stupid banter, we are all for it.

##vote Kashuno

So that makes the list of lazy Kash votes:
Infinitum
TheDonPeters
Azuth
Shadow0

Most of which are new players, which makes me hesitant to kill them D1 since that same protection saved my rear end the first game when I was VT.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Infinitum posted:

That's what I meant by good will.

People would vote you just to be done with the angry ranting.

If you want to be done with the angry ranting, KK is the better vote. Not because of anything he's done to make him scum, but because once Kashuno is dead he will find a new target.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
That does seem pretty clear cut, and if he's lying we can lynch Muse D2

unless he's a jester :ohdear:

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Rascyc posted:

Also a d1 chain lynch post? I would've added this to my case too.

You did catch the part where Muse said he got a PR result that said TT was scum right?

Its pretty clear cut, if we lynch TT and he isn't scum, then Muse must have lied and is either scum or actively bad for town.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Rascyc posted:

I don't see how that means 100% scum either. He went into it. How does he draw that conclusion from what he went into it?

Nice attempt at distancing from my case on you by going after me I guess?

You're being obtuse, but for what its worth I at least believe you are being sincere (and you brought some good points).

Unfortunately, no one is going to be willing to vote for a possible scum when between YPM and TT we have confirmed scum. The actual details of how YPM came to the conclusion are somewhat irrelevant (provided he definitely got a scum result and isn't misinterpreting his results). It is a dumb gambit for a scum to make on D1, as it definitely outs them on D2 at the absolute latest for only one mislynch. Later in the game? Sure, when a mislynch puts us at lylo or worse.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Infinitum posted:

I'm not going after you though, all I've done is answered your questions and clarified some of your assumptions.

I said potential scumslip, it's a role heavy game and if we're looking at the meta poo poo the 3 Headed Knight isn't a member of the Round Table.

It's a logical conclusion is all, and I'll be keeping an eye on Shadow0 a lot more because of it.

Swallows aren't part of the round table either :aaaaa:

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Your Personal Muse posted:

It said the three coconuts I set up in an isosceles triangle buckled under the pressure, leading you to conclude TT is not a friend of the sciences

Wait, what

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
If what I'm doing is buddying up, then you must be buddying up to rascyc too. Oh and KB agreed with me earlier so he must be buddying up to me too, he must be scum.

The logic that a PR claiming to have found scum means either A) they are in fact a PR who found scum and we should lynch the person they found or B) they are lying scum and will be revealed as such when their target flips. Numerous people have shown how scenario B makes zero sense this early in the game.

There is a secret third scenario, where the PR is town who is either lying (which is very stupid) or does not fully understand their results.

Either way you're argument is terrible and I am starting to think you're scum. Actually that's a lie, you posted about wanting in to the mason doc earlier then vanished during the entire heated discussion of this morning which is not like you, and now you're making bad arguments against me.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
And just to end this red herring early, I am the African swallow and no, I don't know what my unladen flight speed or how it compares to friend Kashuno.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Podima posted:

For my buddying up bit, I was focusing on the language you used - "you're being obtuse but I think you're being sincere" comes off as wishy-washy, and scum want to make as many friends as possible and fly under the radar, so it's worth calling out where I see it.

I agree with you that it makes no sense for YPM to be scum in this scenario, UNLESS it's some kind of wacky gambit. So we have Scenario A where YPM found scum and yes of course we should lynch their target to test their claim, or Scenario C where YPM is lying or mis-representing their results. I think where you and I disagree is that Scenario C, to me, does not instantly mean YPM should be the guaranteed lynch candidate. Anyone trying to frame the day's lynch as between a finite group of candidates is - once again - worthy of callout. We still have some players who haven't checked in at all, I think.

That being said I want YPM to come back and explain how 3 coconuts means Taste is scum and what his role flavor is, as I've said.

Also I was actually getting work done at work :shobon:

Did I misread, or isn't that literally what YPM is claiming - a n0 action? The OP doesn't say anything about a n0 or lack thereof.

So you're just being pedantic so you can say something for the sake of looking like you're saying something then.

Anyone with a brain can tell that C does not mean we should lynch YPM immediately, at the time however I was still entertaining the possibility of scenario B.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

SirSamVimes posted:

That sure was 500 pages.

I really don't like YPM's gambit. It looks like he was trying to push a "scum result" in a way he could plausibly backtrack.

I assume this is your one meaningful post for the day?

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
I'm not going to vote for any new players D1, making lazy/excited votes with little justification is a null tell for them. Unless we expect to magically be scum masterminds trying to get quick lynches and not just drunk with the power of the vote.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Somebody remake an argument for why we are voting YPM I don't want to struggle to make sense of the last few pages

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Ok

[b]##vote YPM[\b]

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Oh no I messed up the formatting whatever will I do

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
By my count that is -4 (my vote is not real), I'm not gonna be party to a turbo EVEN IF IT COSTS ME MY LIFE.

Gibbis will not take my dignity!

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
-3!

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

This is all very dumb and this is why we don't like gbs

I'm pretty sure people have been turboed for less reason by "real" mafia players

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Yeah but we are more attractive than you fatties

I'm not gibbis, you filthy slanderer :colbert:

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Jimson posted:

There are only 2 real reasons you refuse to claim
You're either scum, or a power role. I'm leaning towards scum.

If all the VTs claim all it does is narrow the field of good targets for scum and/or the doc.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
I'm fact that post seems a lot like role fishing, and therefore scummy.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Jimson posted:

Problem is, as VT I have no reason to role fish. I only want to avoid voting out a key player who is at -3. Especially when everyone is gnashing at the bit for his succulent flesh.

Mhmmmmmmmmmmm

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

SirSamVimes posted:

Your Personal Muse's writing all votes against him off as "ugh gibbis" is scummy as gently caress.

##vote ypm

It is literally "gibbis", I don't know how you can draw any other conclusions.

I'm happy to hear any and all actual cases against YPM but until then I'm not voting. This is a bandwagon, nothing more.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Flying Leatherman posted:

MEDS CURE SCHIZOS replaces Doctor Dogballs.

RIP Dr. Dogballs he was too beautiful for this forum

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
I've been hoping someone would provide a decent case for this vote train but I guess all we're getting is that YPM is a "bad poster" by some arbitrary rules of posting.

I'm re-reading both him and Infinitum now in some kind of desperate attempt to understand but so far I have nothing. Someone please enlighten me.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
This was posted earlier in the thread but is very relevant now:

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
I will say that coming from a perspective of not discounting everything YPM says makes Infinitum look kinda bad, starting with the point where he starts harping on YPM for seemingly no reason:

Infinitum posted:

Claim then.
If not your time, then at least your name.

First post mentioning YPM after the wagon got rolling. I don't see any real cases against YPM so the CLAIM NOW OR DIE thing doesn't make a lot of sense. It won't stop a gibbis train, thats for sure.

Infinitum posted:

YPMs gambit basically boils down to rolefishing and I don't like it

This post makes no sense. How is the gambit rolefishing? There's only player it could potentially target: TT. So at best, the gambit gets TT's role out IF enough votes start piling on. Multiple people myself included have already called YPM's thing a dumb move from a scum perspective, so why is it suddenly rolefishing? There were a few people role claiming at this point but it was mostly because of the mason stuff that was happening, not the gambit.

Apparently its some kind of mastermind play where mentioning one flavor makes everyone else suddenly feel the need to share their flavor. I guess I need to up my game.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Aaaaaaand here we go again I guess, I'll see you guys in five pages.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
RIP CPig he was too good for this world tower.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Does this reduce the lynch threshold and therefore mean YPM is dead?

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Same, either something complicated happened last night that I'd rather not speculate about, or we are in for a very long game.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
The YPM murder train basically boiled down to a bunch of new players, and Infinitum, Tommunist, and SSV. I don't think its possible for there NOT to be scum somewhere in that list, and I definitely am not ruling any of the new player group out either.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
I am currently trying to read those three, but as far as I can tell Tommunist is just doing his usual poo poo posting while SSV is making an effort to look like he's putting in effort, and that's about it. Infinitum is the only one with actual content of the "experienced" easy votes against YPM.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

gannyGrabber posted:

Perhaps it's 1 night kill and the rest are day actions + observation abilities..?

Which makes this a very scary game to be in :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Well, I was right about one thing at least

• Locked thread