Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Count me in!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Flying Leatherman posted:

Can I get an email address for role PM delivery?

(Edited to remove email) Thanks!

tpink fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Apr 5, 2016

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Flying Leatherman posted:

perfect, thanks! Go ahead and edit that out if you want, I have saved it!

Done, thanks again and look forward to the game!

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Infinitum posted:

Editing posts

##vote tpink

Oh dear :ohdear:. This is not off to a good start!

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Tommunist posted:

Things for new people to remember: Kashuno is the devil and will lead you astray with his melodic tones.

*Nods wisely, jots notes furiously.*

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Oh good, 10 pages of new content!

*wades through pages and pages of boring-rear end Kash/KK bitchfest :bravo2: *

:argh:

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

GulagDolls posted:

anyone got a case i can jump on and be like "yeaaaah I agree with what this person is saying! they've got it goin on!"

Yeah, I've been reading this and waiting for a bandwagon to jump on also, but so far, nothing really jumps out as plausible. We'll have more info after day 1! :kiddo:

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Not voting for YPM based on what I've seen so far. Bandwagons are fun and all but this one seems to be particularly unsupported. :nyd:

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Rascyc posted:

I don't think it's Infinitum either anymore. I trust YPM's read there and honestly I don't think a scum who just watches his scum mate get blasted makes the post "why do town have two day vigs"

Like there's no reason to just cast doubt right there before the result was even posted, since he'd know the result in advance if he were a scum team mate

This is kinda making sense to me too.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
I'm a mafia newbie so I've mostly been hanging back and reading others' posts to try and get a read on people! :kiddo: Day 1 was basically a nonsense wash as far as I'm concerned, and I am still not sure I understand if the GBS crew is just bandwagoning for no reason or if there's something else going on.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Also, someone posting a million things makes it more difficult for others to go back and piece their posting history together, so I personally would not be inclined to consider that a great thing - though with the obvious caveat that if someone is not posting at all, it's also really tough to get a read on them. So, umm, there should be some happy medium I guess?

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Kashuno posted:

so here's how I play; yeah each day is pretty much poo poo alone. However, if someone on any random day says something suspicious, I go back and read their content to see what else they've that said has bothered me. Has anyone been on your radar?

The "lynch al lurkers" crew - I see the obvious reasoning for this (kill people who are not even playing the game), but it also makes for a very easy cover to lynch someone (because it's a plausible excuse for a vote). Not enough for me to actually vote for anyone in particular but still.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Kashuno posted:

The think about lynching all lurkers is that it is easier to justify lynching a lurker now, rather than if we get to the endgame and we have lurkers around when we cannot afford to mislynch

Agree! As I said, there's a perfectly plausible explanation for those votes now, but doesn't that also provide a great cover for basically that same reason?

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

GulagDolls posted:

lurking is not a valuable metric this game when a significant number of posters are high volume+low content (saying a lot and nothing.) in essence, there is too many people who are lurking, as in, not engaging, for it 2 matter

Yeah, I think this is also sort of what I was getting at. Posting 200+ posts when 90% of them are meaningless doesn't really move the needle much more than lurking.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Azuth0667 posted:

The solution to your conundrum is to post more then you won't be classified as a lurker.

Never stop posting!

Yeah, if I'm going to be lynched in my very first Mafia game I'd at least rather not be lynched for not posting enough.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Friction.123 posted:

Why are we still killing the don peters his recent posts have been far more helpful than half of you bandwagoners.

At this point he isn't even lurking anymore so are you just looking for a quick kill or are you actually trying to kill lurkers like claimed? Because if the former than we have a thread full of liars who are all far better lynch targets.

This guy gets it.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Azuth0667 posted:

Until then lynch the lurkers is the plan.

POST or PERISH :mad:

At what point in the game do we switch from lynching lurkers to lynching scum?

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Also, seriously, do people not remember that ridiculous 15 pages or whatever on day one that was all noise and no content? gently caress post counts.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Rarity posted:

Of the people in this game I feel he's made more contribution than Meds, tpink, Gulag, WNM and Goku.

Also I forgot Tomm was in this? Where did he vanish to?

Yeah, as I said I've been reading more than posting on the early side because (in large part because I am a total Mafia newbie) the posts from day 1 have given me no insight to contribute and I tried not to post just to make noise (though I am sure I did that too).

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Also, just curious - obviously games vary but ballpark number, how many pages does an average Mafia game run?

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Rarity posted:

Yeah, I'm not buying Don as scum. He seems earnestly helpful in the early going with KK's puzzle, he breadcrumbs his flavour and I think he's too new to do that with a fakeclaim and his thoughts look like those of someone who doesn't really understand what's happening and is trying to make sense of it.

I don't know what I am doing clearly but I also don't get why anyone would think he's scum. Of course this also might just be my "there but for the grace of God" thinking.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Friction.123 posted:

This is exactly what I'm saying, I have nothing against lynching lurkers, but Azuth has been single-minded in his pursuit of whatever target he picks (YPM, then Don) even when evidence begins to pile up that said target is not a good lynch. Every post he makes is focused on this, to the point where it strikes me as trying to keep the conversation focused entirely on said target.

That and repeatedly asking for who to kill. We're not much smarter than you Azuth, possibly dumber. Go back and read people, tell us who you think is scum, if you make a good case we'll be happy to vote right along with you.

Right. It's one thing to say let's lynch poster X when that poster is just lurking. But it's another to keep going even when Poster X comes back and starts posting content and generally seems like maybe they shouldn't be the bandwagon target. (And this is not necessarily directed just at Azuth - think that might cover other people too, at least earlier on.)

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Azuth0667 posted:

What's wrong with standing by my vote unless there is some compelling evidence/reason?

If the only original reason for the vote was that the lurker wasn't posting enough, and then they come back and post a bunch, isn't that a good reason to unvote?

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
*Now* Azuth stops posting? :shrug:

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Shadow0 posted:

I don't think pushing for unpopular bandwagons is something scum would do, but it is what Azuth is doing.
I don't really think he is scum, but I can't be sure.
I also really don't think Don is scum, I think he's just new and busy.

Why do you think it's an unpopular bandwagon? It's still got a bunch of votes for it and only a handful of people saying anything against it.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

GulagDolls posted:

it sounds like pmachine could be bad.

Why?

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

GulagDolls posted:

they just freaking said

Oops, somehow missed that, sorry. :downs:

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Infinitum posted:

Last night I was reading the thread and I wasn't getting a real good vibe off of the way Propaganda Machine was posting.

It was mainly this interaction that prompted it

I questioned what fakeclaim he was talking about and goes off on a tangent without answering the question.

At this point in time noone has claimed the Knights Who Say Ni and Pmachine himself was the only person who had previously mentioned them.
In fact it was done in an effort to try and stop myself from correctly guessing Shadow0 is the 3 Headed Knight

---------------------------------

So he's been on my radar for a while, and I mention as such.

I had nothing concrete yet, which is why I didn't vote, and merely wanted to mention my suspicions.

After this is mentioned the following occurs:
- Propaganda Machine putting together a half-baked case for myself
- Myself easily explaining away every item

His main case being I was desperately trying to solve a puzzle that would help town find scum (Who wouldn't), word play that I was correcting HIM on, my case on Shadow0 which led to him admitting he was the 3 Headed Knight and a Miller, and the mixing my posts on YPM and Shadow0.
Again, easily explained away.

When he realises how lovely his case is, and how bad he's starting to look tries to wedge in how he had suspected a miller all along for town cred, which he never mentioned if you read his post history until well after the miller role is already claimed.

Followed by him trying to snake out on his lovely claim, in a full on "Just joking" reversal

So now with all eyes on him Rascyc asks him directly what his actual suspicions were

As Rascyc says, he can't even point to 1 or 2 posts of mine as he doesn't HAVE a case for me.
If that isn't scummy behaviour, I don't know what is.

And that's why you should lynch the gently caress out of Propaganda Machine today.

##vote Propaganda Machine

PM, so are you going to respond to that question from Rascyc from a while ago about why you were suspicious about Infinitum like you said you would? Because Infinitum's post is kind of convincing...

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Isn't this all pretty much a rehash of your earlier case against Infi? That's pretty weak. Anything else? Because otherwise I'm leaning toward a vote.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Propaganda Machine posted:

I'll help you guys get this over with, then. I'm rusty and it hasn't been fun outside of jokephase. Hopefully any of this helps you nail scum before scum nails you. Good luck, town.

## vote PM

Well now I don't know what to think. :confused:

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Infinitum posted:

Well there is one way to verify.. The Scum team roleblocker is dead, so someone could investigate you tonight and not be blocked to determine alignment.

Just.. Gah I don't know. It's 330 and I need sleep

I mean if PM is not just saying "whatever lynch me," he's saying "whatever lynch me because my heart is not really in this anyway and I don't want to play." The former sounds like something he might say if he were trying to stop the bandwagon; the latter is more plausible and a reasonable explanation for a self-lynch vote. Ugh I JUST DON'T KNOW. :bahgawd:

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Propaganda Machine posted:

Right, good shot.

I'll ##unvote myself, I guess.

And now he unvoted himself, adding to my confusion. REVEAL YOURSELF PM.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Rascyc posted:

##vote azuth I'm going to go back to this and just stand with Kash on this one.

Is there a way to see the latest vote counts, or is this something that just regularly gets updated by the mod?

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Screw it.
##vote propaganda machine

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Well poo poo.
And I wouldn't have voted for PM until he did the dumb self-vote which made it seem suspicious. Sorry PM :geno:

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Tommunist posted:

hello i have no idea whats going on

I just looked at your posts, and bad news, I think you're next on the lurker / low content poasters bandwagon.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

gannyGrabber posted:

Haha we're pretty hosed now

Time to form a murder-suicide pact?

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Rarity posted:

So these are the votes that rolled in after PMach claimed.

I'm not really sure what Meds is talking about here and I don't understand why it would make a difference. I do think that he believes what he's talking about though, he goes into detail through multiple posts which hold up in consistency.

Sam is bad scum and should feel bad.

I was reading Friction as town all through yesterday so my inclination is to say he's being dumb here but worth keeping in mind for later.

This vote combined with lots of lurking is bad but he wasn't part of the YPM lynch which speaks well of him.

Second time Shadow has hammered a town PR. I'm starting to think the miller claim came out as a rushed excuse for screwing up on his flavour.

To all the people I've quoted in this post:

Why did you think it was a good idea to vote an uncontested doctor claim?

My reason for voting an unconstested doctor claim was because it came on the heels of the suspicious self-lynch vote and because, as someone had pointed out, this claim only came out after PM had a bunch of lynch votes and it just sounded like PM was saying whatever to avoid a lynch after #unvoting himself.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

King Burgundy posted:

I like your SSV case. Would vote.

(posting from page 52): I ultimately voted for PM after reading SSV suggesting that PM was faking the doctor claim, and coupled with the rest of your SSV case, I'm sort of seeing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Kashuno posted:

I am just not keeping up with the game, clearly displayed by the fact that I am not remembering/reading the thread properly. I am a liability to town that scum will have an easy time pushing (see the 3 votes on me earlier with literally no content that no one batted an eye at)

Didn't we just do this with PM?

• Locked thread