Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Is it too late to sign up? :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

:neckbeard:

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Infinitum posted:

Prepare for copious amounts of

What...weighs less than water?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Propaganda Machine posted:

Lead!

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Very small rocks!

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

:frogout:

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
!!!

We've begun our adventure!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWh9JbBZC_Q

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

it's only a model

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Tommunist posted:

Look at this scum.

Observe his actions.

What else would you like us to know about you?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Tommunist posted:

I was cursed by the anime avatar giver ( gulag dolls)

well now we see the violence inherent in the system!

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Khris Kruel posted:

hello fellow questers. I've been charged with receiving an extra side quest and need to solve this to gain knowledge of the scum. I'm allowed to post this image from my role:

At first glance not sure what's up. Help me solve it?

It almost looks like fake Greek or Cyrillic.

Have you tried it against a mirror?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
maybe it has something to do with your tattoo

have you thought of that

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Infinitum posted:

I don't like that it's missing symbols.

That almost makes me think it's something mathy or encryption-style. It reminds me a bit of WEP but that's not quite right.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Infinitum posted:

It''s 1am in the morning, why are you making me do work
:negative:

Because you live in upside-down backwards land.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Infinitum posted:

http://i.imgur.com/dN9LGgZ.webm

I was super excited to decrypt it and find out what it was.. I love ciphers, they're a lot of fun.

Then it turned out to be fake :argh:

To be fair, the cypher itself wasn't fake.

The roleclaim was, however.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

gannyGrabber posted:

Are there "daykills" in this game? Can we daykill KK?

Wow.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Infinitum posted:

What role did KK claim? Or are you talking Kash and Mason recruiter?

He said that he got the cypher in his role PM and he was specifically allowed to share it with the thread as a QUEST.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Infinitum posted:

That's not a roleclaim mate.

Okay, you win at wording, but he was still fabricating bullshit. I get not loving jokephase, but my spidey sense is tingling.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Kashuno posted:

I mentioned it because it's useless and I wanted to find someone who wanted to join :sun:

Wait, so if somebody wants to join your masonry, they can get in and then confirm you're not full of it?

On the other hand, that seems like a scumbro thing to do.

Hmm.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

gannyGrabber posted:

Is that a no..?

Why would you want to waste a daykill on D1?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Rarity posted:

That's... actually a really good point

Which, the scumslip or letting the riddle sit there for a minute?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Rarity posted:

The scumslip

I mean I want to agree, and I did for a minute, but KK really went balls to the wall trying to catch [insert sucker here] in a gotcha.

I'm not loving either of them tbf.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Friction.123 posted:

Well good morning everyone how are we this--

:yikes:

Here's my take on this back and forth: KK is behaving exactly the way he always does and I would be far more willing to vote for anyone that was throwing their vote on that bandwagon than either of them.

Does anybody give shits about metas in here? I've played with like three people in this game before, and the bitchslapping and ad hominems have been....interesting.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

King Burgundy posted:

I use meta. It's helped me catch scum and helped me avoid cuddling town.

It's not going to be hugely useful in this game given all the new folks, but it's still enough to tell me that KK/Kash acting like this is a null tell. This is normal for both of them so far, so not planning on voting them for that.

That's sort of what I figured. I'd imagine scum is loving the popcorn and kicking back. As Rarity said, I don't really want to vote when barely half the game has even participated.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Shadow0 posted:

We have absolutely no idea who is what, and to be honest, this has been the least exciting thread we have ever read on SA; zero flavor at all, just stupid, stupid, stupid yelling.

We don't think Kashuno is scum, but if throwing him off a tower will save us from 11 pages of stupid banter, we are all for it.

##vote Kashuno

Regarding the null tell thing though, what struck me with Kashuno is that he erupted at being voted on. Getting lynched as town on D1 is perfectly acceptable since it gives the rest of the town a read on the people who were driving the lynch.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I'm suspicious of VT claims in a role-heavy game.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Kashuno posted:

Flavor heavy is not role heavy

OP posted:

THIS IS A FLAVOR HEAVY GAME. You should be aware of this as you play, and note that role names, PM flavor text, and kill flavors may play a role in this game.

I guess it's arguable.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Infinitum posted:

Isn't the 3 Headed Knight a villain?

No.

They are KNIGHTS.

Knights who say NI!!

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

King Burgundy posted:

Yeah, I had to go back and read the OP, because I thought it was role-heavy too. But it isn't.

He even goes on to point out:

I'm always kind of bummed to get VT, but the flip side is it lets me worry less about getting voted. Not going to hurt us significantly if I get voted out.

But didn't it also say that he includes that in every game he runs to obsfucate the role/flavor-heavy whatever?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

gannyGrabber posted:

It should be noted that my thing says I win when all anti-round table factions are eliminated. It didn't say 'the' or 'both', so it would suggest there are more than two..?

Also i am willing to trade dennis if that is allowed. I assume it's not, though!

Oh jfc. In a game this big, would that mean two scum teams?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Kashuno posted:

unfortunately we have not yet decided mutually on a member.

because we're like three hours in and if your claim is accurate they're probably either working or commuting and oh god

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Your Personal Muse posted:

Ok so I am Sir Vladimir and I had to do a bunch of crazy things when the game started with the Mod and I managed to get lucky. I can go into it if you want but I found out TT is scum and guilty and a liar and not a very good person.

##vote TT

Oh hey, how about those VT claims!

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Kashuno posted:

or reading. you're going to hate playing with me i think

I already do! But I'm not quite convinced you're scum.

Yet.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Infinitum posted:

I'm happy to vote TT if your claiming he's 100% scum and can elaborate further mate.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Your Personal Muse posted:

I chose two people to do an experiment on. I chose CP and TT. I then had to choose a number between 1-10 (I don't know what the numbers do right now). I had to choose one of them to get rid of and one of them to get results on, so I can't do anything with CP from now on (or TT for that matter).

So just to get this straight, you decided to leave CP by the wayside to find out what's going on with TT?

If so, does he have a scum powerrole? Was that part of the deal?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Jimson posted:

I agree with both of these statements. Also YPM seems p scummy with his forced newbie outrage.

If it's not forced outrage, it's not YPM.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

TheDonPeters posted:

What exactly would be a good bandwagon?

Usually seems to be the last minute rush to lynch somebody with ten minutes until deadline.

I don't know about you, but I think the bandwagon on YPM is stupid and dumb and has me raising eyebrows.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Usually seems to be the last minute rush to lynch somebody with ten minutes until deadline.

I don't know about you, but I think the bandwagon on YPM is stupid and dumb and has me raising eyebrows.

We have, like, two real-life days to go, but I think watching a good player flip town as the result of said bullshit won't do town much good.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Rarity posted:

Most likely one town, one scum?

Or a 3p, but I'm not going to put too much stock in setup spec. My only guess is it's zany as hell and only about to get worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I can't tell if all those DonPeters votes are as bad as they look, or if there's something about the gibbis mafia crew I just don't understand. He doesn't have 8 million posts in this thread yet, but at a glance what he has offered seems to make genuine attempts at content.

• Locked thread