Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How long do you need to work before your break?
don't be bitchmade, just take your break as soon as you get there
1 hour
2 hours
3 hours
4 hours
5 hours
6 hours
7 hours
8 hours
9 hours
10 hours
11 hours
12 hours
you look like you could lose the weight
View Results

• Locked thread
Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
i think we've all had this conundrum. you come in to work late one day, say early afternoon. or heck, maybe it's 9 or 10 am and you're already got a hankerin for the Carls Jr Santa Fe turkey burger. what do you do? how long do you need to be at work before you can take a break?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
answered 4 because thats the answer for my situation. Thanks for the question OP

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
My place is pretty flexible as long as things are running smoothly. It's not a big deal unless there's a meeting or work is being coordinated. I usually go through my emails when I'm having an actual sit-down lunch anyways unless I'm having it with other folks.

Three-Phase fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Apr 4, 2016

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

sometimes i go to work and then immediately leave to get food and then a couiple hours later fo more food i am hungry sometrimes.

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*
i work from home so its basically non stop sitting and snacking

Aug 4, 2010

4 to 5 hours is correct office etiquette

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*
this is basically me irl

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
im on break right now! he he he

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
i get a paid lunch at 12, which is 5 hours.

what a stupid way to make the poll, put times, not time elapsed, its not a race you fat hog

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I take 15min morning tea at 9am. 1hr lunch at 12pm and 15min afternoon tea at 3pm. Thats my schedule if you plan on assassinating me.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I work from home so whenever, but I have a weird eating schedule, so I don't eat anything until night anyway.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Hot Karl Marx posted:

i get a paid lunch at 12, which is 5 hours.

what a stupid way to make the poll, put times, not time elapsed, its not a race you fat hog

but im asking how long before you can leave to go to lunch. people might vote 12pm but get to work at 11am you know?

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
As long as I don't have immediate duties, I could go at any time. I usually go at noon or 1.

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
i get to work at 5pm so i'll usually have dinner at like 8. thanks for asking fergus

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i always schedule my lunch after my 2nd poo poo but before my 3rd poo poo of the day

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

numberoneposter posted:

i always schedule my lunch after my 2nd poo poo but before my 3rd poo poo of the day

Good movie. Always do your shits outside of your breaks.

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

but im asking how long before you can leave to go to lunch. people might vote 12pm but get to work at 11am you know?

However long it takes you to get hungry. Unless you work in some retail poo poo house or are like an air traffic controller nobody should typically give a poo poo.

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona

Isaac posted:

my strategy is that i take a 10 minute break as soon as i feel like i have to go to the bathroom. i enjoy my break then clock back on and then immediately go use the shitter

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Isaac posted:

even if i have to poo poo on my break, hey it happens, i always stop the clock and dont let it creep into my lunch

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
As soon as I want, for as long as I want.

...But only if I'm on schedule for at least 6 hours that day.

Bleh Maestro
Aug 30, 2003
I do breakfast burrito runs for the office so I get in at 8 and then I'm usually bouncing out for burritos at 9:30 or 10. Free break for me.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Lunch is just a way to keep you at work an extra hour without pay. You should be able to opt out of a lunch break and come in early or late.

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

I do what I want. as long as I do stuff for my job, it doesn't matter.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Lunch is just a way to keep you at work an extra hour without pay. You should be able to opt out of a lunch break and come in early or late.
YOU WILL TAKE YOUR SCHEDULED SOYLENT UNPAID BREAK.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
take a lunch and just dont say you had one, paid lunch. life hacked

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

or eat a ham and cheese sandwich while you work and dont mark that you took a lunch

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

life'ack

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I get two paid 15mim breaks and you can choose 30mins or an hour for unpaid lunch. I think i have to have a full hour cause i do long days. Union agreement.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

if you dont work directly infront of managment then gently caress em, take hour lunches and say you didnt take a lunch. just make sure you still do you work. the union will agree with you im sure

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Hot Karl Marx posted:

take a lunch and just dont say you had one, paid lunch. life hacked

my employer doesn't like this

old-timey newspaper gal
Feb 23, 2005
never ever poop unless you are on the clock hold your poop in at home and speed to work clock in then poo poo everwhere for like an hour

get promoted

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

numberoneposter posted:

YOU WILL TAKE YOUR SCHEDULED SOYLENT UNPAID BREAK.

*straps on feed bag*

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Hot Jam posted:

never ever poop unless you are on the clock hold your poop in at home and speed to work clock in then poo poo everwhere for like an hour

get promoted
EAT BIG ON SUNDAY
poo poo BIG ON MONDAY

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

my employer doesn't like this

your employer doesnt like you period.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

youre literally taking his money

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Hot Karl Marx posted:

youre literally taking his money

lol well i did rob him at gunpoint that one time but i had a ski mask on

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
work 3 hours, go eat lunch, go to class.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
suck my poo poo, OP

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

dad gay. so what posted:

suck my poo poo, OP
typical conservative behavior

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kosher Pickup Line
Jan 10, 2008

Hair Elf
the trick is to go to lunch so that you end up back at work around 12:15 when the most parking spots are available.

little life hack for my gbs buds

• Locked thread