Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who should sit on the Iron Throne
Cersei Lannister/Petyr “Littlefinger” Baelish
Jamie Lannister/Bronn
Jon Snow (bitch you know he ain’t dead)/Ser Davos Seaworth, “the Onion Knight”
Brienne of Tarth/Podrick Payne
Tyrion/Varys/Missandei/Grey Worm coalition
Arya Stark/No One
Sansa Stark/Theon “Reek” Greyjoy
Reanimated corpse of The Mountain/Wight that used to be Badass Wildling Milf
View Results

• Locked thread
Lazy Reservist
Nov 30, 2005

FUBIJAR

Dead Reckoning posted:

That was a good episode, but I'm wondering where Arya's rampage is going to end. Also how Littlefinger is going to gently caress things up for everyone.

Arya's rampage will end when she finds out how Littlefinger pretty much put everything in motion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So in the books (and I know we are past them now) at any point address the issues of Dana's army and the logistical nightmare of warm weather troops and their gear being used in Westeros?

I'll actually give the Second Sons a pass since they were probably trained to be used in all environments.

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners
wear your snivel gear, hydrate

problem solved

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
how long does it take for them to sail across the sea, and where do the dragons go when they need a break from flying?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Who's pulling CQ

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

how long does it take for them to sail across the sea, and where do the dragons go when they need a break from flying?

I'm pretty sure there are spots on some of the boats for them to land.

holocaust bloopers posted:

Who's pulling CQ

I haven't seen a single iron islander use a boatswain call. Immersion ruined.

EDIT: I wonder how you shipmate in dothraki.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

gfanikf posted:

So in the books (and I know we are past them now) at any point address the issues of Dana's army and the logistical nightmare of warm weather troops and their gear being used in Westeros?

I'll actually give the Second Sons a pass since they were probably trained to be used in all environments.

The last book ended with Dany making GBS threads her guts out from drinking bad water and getting picked up by the Dothraki. They haven't left Mereen yet.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG

Mr. Nice! posted:

I'm pretty sure there are spots on some of the boats for them to land.

I haven't seen a single iron islander use a boatswain call. Immersion ruined.

EDIT: I wonder how you shipmate in dothraki.

They would probably hug the coast all the way to the narrow sea anyway since mereen is on the southern side of essos

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

They don't need a break. The biggest two refuel off Viserion before he turns around after the first leg of the trip, Rhaegal then tops off Drogon before turning around after the second one, and Drogon flies to King's Landing, roasts the Red Keep, and barely makes it back to RAF Ascension where they all have tea.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Duzzy Funlop posted:

They don't need a break. The biggest two refuel off Viserion before he turns around after the first leg of the trip, Rhaegal then tops off Drogon before turning around after the second one, and Drogon flies to King's Landing, roasts the Red Keep, and barely makes it back to RAF Ascension where they all have tea.

i love you for this

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Dany's army doesn't need cold weather gear for a while, unless she presses north right away. There's no real indication that cold weather has pressed past Winterfell yet...it will eventually, but I suspect by then she'll either be sitting on the Iron Throne controlling everything south of there, or stuck in Dorne for some random reason.

Branis posted:

They would probably hug the coast all the way to the narrow sea anyway since mereen is on the southern side of essos

Here's a map, since I was looking this up trying to figure out how the gently caress everybody warped ahead.

VVV The show doesn't have a calendar, either.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Jun 28, 2016

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
^map isnt worth much without a scale

Duzzy Funlop posted:

:monocle: well played

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

what if benjen is actually a sleeper for the walkers

sacrifice a couple of bottom-tier wights to make it look like he's the good guy and then they get a free ride through the wall thanks to bran's dumbass

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I was gonna suggest a ship with three giant perches and a mineral block, but this is so much better.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I understood this reference

Lazy Reservist
Nov 30, 2005

FUBIJAR
So what's the Zombie Mountain doing to the captured Septa?

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Lazy Reservist posted:

tickle torture

Lazy Reservist
Nov 30, 2005

FUBIJAR
Snuggle struggle?

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Duzzy Funlop posted:

So now that this R+L=J bullshit is all but confirmed, lol @all the dudes that just swore fealty to a Snow they know is totally a Stark when he's actually a Targaryen.

He's illegitimate in either case, and if you can disregard that, he's just as much a Stark as he is a Targaryen.

I'm predicting that Bran eats it in a dramatic fashion just before actually managing to tell anyone what the poo poo he saw and heard, because GRRM.

Gendry/Rowboat 2017

Pikehead
Dec 3, 2006

Looking for WMDs, PM if you have A+ grade stuff
Fun Shoe

gfanikf posted:

I've been thinking the same thing. I mean hell isn't it possible those horses will be garbage in a non hot climate (granted they could also have cool nights that offset it). Ignoring the troops entirely just the supplies and material should be a loving nightmare....unless no one thought about winter...oh god..they are that dumb.

All westeros needs is to wait for them to make camp, and for 20 good men. :rolleyes:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I'm sure y'all already know this but the Cersei prophecy poo poo from the old lady

"And when your tears have drowned you, the valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you."

"The end of the prophecy states that "valonqar," which is High Valyrian for "little brother" will kill her. Jamie is Cersei's twin, born after her, which means he may be the valonqar."

So Jamie or Tyrion? :shrug:

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

Lazy Reservist posted:

He's pretty famous for being an expert in both rape and torture.

PS: Sansa is totally going to marry Littlefinger then assassinate him.

My guess is that Dany ends up married to Jon Snow, Tyrion, or Jaime Lannister. I'm not entirely sure, though, that Tyrion's marriage to Sansa was ever legally annulled. Her marriage to Jon Snow would certainly end the secession issue in the north but if Jaime and Cersei are both dead then Tyrion inherits Casterly Rock and the Lannister armies.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
"Gold shall be their crowns and gold their shrouds, she said. And when your tears have drowned you, the valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you."

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Also lol Edmure supposedly back in a cell

TBH the whole riverrun bit just seemed like hasty lazy writing for the sake of progression but I digress

Wanted to see a proper siege or something

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?
EDIT: ^^^ :lol::lol: I totally forgot about the loving Tullys, Brienne got a whooooole lotta dudes killed apparently.

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

I'm sure y'all already know this but the Cersei prophecy poo poo from the old lady

"And when your tears have drowned you, the valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you."

"The end of the prophecy states that "valonqar," which is High Valyrian for "little brother" will kill her. Jamie is Cersei's twin, born after her, which means he may be the valonqar."

So Jamie or Tyrion? :shrug:

I'm really hoping they go for pure symmetry over literal adherence to prophetic metaphors, Jaime running Cersei through (not with his dick, this time) would be perfect.

Sergg posted:

PS: Sansa is totally going to marry Littlefinger then assassinate him.

My guess is that Dany ends up married to Jon Snow, Tyrion, or Jaime Lannister. I'm not entirely sure, though, that Tyrion's marriage to Sansa was ever legally annulled. Her marriage to Jon Snow would certainly end the secession issue in the north but if Jaime and Cersei are both dead then Tyrion inherits Casterly Rock and the Lannister armies.

That actually fits pretty well, Sansa's had enough time being loving retarded and now she's showing inklings of actual cunning and intelligence. She has to know that she's Littlefinger's one giant vulnerability so it's likely to either end up with her using her cooter magic to gain every possible advantage she can from him before stabbing him in the dick, or last second dodge via plot armor for Littlefinger and he abandons that more than slightly disturbing obsession when he kills her first.

Tyrion's marriage was never consummated, but Ramsay's sure as hell was. And as for Jon's legitimacy he's still a Stark bastard (barring polygamous backstory revelations) and all of those grumpy old fucks still swore fealty to him by name, not just reaffirming their fealty to the Starks.

Diarrhea Elemental fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Jun 28, 2016

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QD7SAFzXSSo

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
Speaking of Logistics. How much of any of the Army's are left really? After years of constant warfare it looks like they have pretty much all shot their wads except the Tyrell's and Dorne? If you throw those two armies in with Danyrys then wouldn't that be a pretty much unstoppable juggernaut with the ultimate siege engines(The Dragons)?

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Flikken posted:

Speaking of Logistics. How much of any of the Army's are left really? After years of constant warfare it looks like they have pretty much all shot their wads except the Tyrell's and Dorne? If you throw those two armies in with Danyrys then wouldn't that be a pretty much unstoppable juggernaut with the ultimate siege engines(The Dragons)?

The Lannisters were recently able to field an army capable of competently besieging Riverrun, even if they would have been hard-pressed (though it was implied that they still would have been successful, if only just,) to take it by force. The north is weak, but now bolstered by the remaining wildling forces, and solidly (for now) allied with the Knights of the Vale, which were the last unbloodied force in Westeros, until the battle at Winterfell. I'm curious as to what becomes of the Frey forces, since their namesakes are now dead, and/or vaguely pie-shaped.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

i liked how arya in disguise was saying "my lord" to walder frey instead of "m'lord", which was something tywin called her out on like 3 seasons ago. i thought that was a nice touch.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

MrYenko posted:

The Lannisters were recently able to field an army capable of competently besieging Riverrun, even if they would have been hard-pressed (though it was implied that they still would have been successful, if only just,) to take it by force. The north is weak, but now bolstered by the remaining wildling forces, and solidly (for now) allied with the Knights of the Vale, which were the last unbloodied force in Westeros, until the battle at Winterfell. I'm curious as to what becomes of the Frey forces, since their namesakes are now dead, and/or vaguely pie-shaped.

What ever happened to the lannisters and the crown being broke?

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
Take the Dothraki to King's Landing first.
Then bring the Dragons over.
Next, pickup the Dothraki and take them back to Mereen.
Now you can pickup the Dornish women, take them to King's Landing, and then bring the Dothraki to King's Landing again.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Duzzy Funlop posted:

This is very good.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Flikken posted:

What ever happened to the lannisters and the crown being broke?

I imagine they're collecting whatever income the crown gets and just not paying their debts yet. Bad, bad Lannisters. The former Hand seemed pretty intelligent, but Cersei's going to lie, cheat, steal, and kill as needed to go after whatever shiny piece of revenge/power appears in front of her eyes.

Regarding Sansa's marriage to Tyrion, it was never consumated and it was performed at a sept in King's Landing. The North has effectively split from and doesn't recognize the seven anyway, so who gives a gently caress what the Iron Throne and the southern religion thinks. Ramsay's marriage is more problematic, but not really given last week's events.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Given that House Bolton is now likely extinct, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

Also I'm still assuming that Jaime kept his word and the Tully army, while disarmed, is still around and will rearm themselves since the Freys are dead and their remnants are either going to get their poo poo pushed in or flip sides now that Walder isn't calling the shots.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Wouldn't mind seeing House Tully take Riverrun AND the Twins. Bit of justice.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

go3 posted:

Given that House Bolton is now likely extinct, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

sansa is technically a bolton and as the widow of the last lord who had no issue and no surviving male relatives, the heir to his lands and titles

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
This is cool and funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDAoLnB_idY

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Confirmed we've got two seasons left: 15 episodes at most.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

great so i've got two years left to see how this poo poo is gonna pan out

• Locked thread