Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
I've only watched 1-3, are we talking about 4 or 5 here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Gyra_Solune posted:

i am uh

not...100% sure i'm sticking with this show, after this episode

I imagine it's actually following the manga given the author's history

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Yeah it is. Saw some of the pages in /a/.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Hi i'm watching the first episode now

This show is bullshit, i have a bike license and never had to lift a bike, not during lessons and not during the test

Thanks for listening

bikes are real heavy tho when the stig lifted that 240kg bike from the other side i was like HOW

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

Ha ha ha.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
I'm prolly not gonna watch past episode 1 but now i'm motivated to get my old-rear end Kawasaki from '82 through the inspection again and go for some serpentines, so it wasn't a complete waste of time.

edit: i just realized that my bike is older than me
not sure how to feel right now

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Being an adult means going to the dealer every time you need a touch up.

I would very much like a prequel series about Principal and Raimu as kids.

Putting Nos on your bike is some Evangelion poo poo.

HOLY poo poo EXCITEBIKE

If it's any consolation, this episode does not have any weird poo poo. I think last episode was just an outlier.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 01:07 on May 10, 2016

book
Nov 29, 2014
This was a good ep. Also, I guess BMW didn't sponsor this anime.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Duolevers are for closers only.

SimplyCosmic
May 18, 2004

It could be worse.

Not sure how, but it could be.
I love that they had a quick jab at "the oil argument" every car/motorcycle forum encounters every so many months.

Gyre
Feb 25, 2007

HenryEx posted:

This show is bullshit, i have a bike license and never had to lift a bike, not during lessons and not during the test

IIRC in Japan it actually is a requirement that you be able to lift the bike, since I've heard it said in other Japanese media.

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

Who among is both a weeb and a motorcyclist? I feel like that group isn't huge (although they're definitely out there) and there's gotta be people watching this show who are either only motorcyclists, watching for that reason, or anime nerds watching because anime, many(?) of whom I assume watch due to a varying degree of mechanical interest, but don't have a bike (yet?).

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

N is for Nipples posted:

Who among is both a weeb and a motorcyclist? I feel like that group isn't huge (although they're definitely out there) and there's gotta be people watching this show who are either only motorcyclists, watching for that reason, or anime nerds watching because anime, many(?) of whom I assume watch due to a varying degree of mechanical interest, but don't have a bike (yet?).

You're looking for the Manga thread (ignore the clusterfuck on the first page and a half)

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3771059

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
Bakuon is fun as hell, and it's like K-On actually talked more about playing music.

I just wish the sidecar motorcycle could have been a Ural, doubly so after I watched and saw the grizzled Pacific War veteran butler dude. What a Ducati would be doing in occupied Harbin is beyond me but hey, sidecars rule.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

MJP posted:

Bakuon is fun as hell, and it's like K-On actually talked more about playing music.

I just wish the sidecar motorcycle could have been a Ural, doubly so after I watched and saw the grizzled Pacific War veteran butler dude. What a Ducati would be doing in occupied Harbin is beyond me but hey, sidecars rule.

Axis powers, yo.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Principal is an awful human being, but an amusing character. Lime's legend is greater than before. Also, Jesus returns.

I believe the pigtailed girl is the one that joins in the second year.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm giving very real thought in selling my Honda Elite scooter for a 125cc bike, but the two or three available in the US are all 3/4 size and I'm a tall dude. I think I'll look like a clown.

Stupid sexy Baku-on

filthychimp
Jan 2, 2006
Damned dirty ape

Xelkelvos posted:

I believe the pigtailed girl is the one that joins in the second year.

I look forward to Not Azusa getting lazily spliced into the OP, as if the animators had no idea she was going to show up.

book
Nov 29, 2014
After that weird ep 5, the last couple of eps have been pretty good. Principal best character.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
Onsa's maid outfit had a weird skirt on it.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

filthychimp posted:

I look forward to Not Azusa getting lazily spliced into the OP, as if the animators had no idea she was going to show up.

If they make an S2, she'll join, but I think she'll stay aside character since they haven't even gotten to Kurisumasu/New Years and the school year ends/starts in spring.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Grimey Drawer
What the heck was that bike that Hijiri and whatshisface were doing the announcements from? It looks like it came out of Logan's Run and it's amazing and good.

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

MJP posted:

What the heck was that bike that Hijiri and whatshisface were doing the announcements from? It looks like it came out of Logan's Run and it's amazing and good.

Probably one of these things.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krauser_Domani

A BMW-powered three-wheeled vehicle. Looks like a motorcycle with a sidecar except the sidecar is an integral part of the vehicle and has a car-like rear axle setup.

There's also an Audi-diesel-powered one as well.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3502479&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=724#post459573534

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

im at a biker bar and there are no cute high school girls here at all

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Super No Vacancy posted:

im at a biker bar and there are no cute high school girls here at all

It's because they're under legal drinking age :ssh:

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Did an 1100 km road trip on my Bandit last week. Pulled into my 2nd hotel and one of the guys working there came by and asked about my bike. Turns out he has a last gen Katana :coal:

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

To destroy evil you must become an even greater evil.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

I think she's got this...

filthychimp
Jan 2, 2006
Damned dirty ape
As it turns out... They actually did a great job splicing Chisame into the OP.

Also, I didn't realize her name was actually Nakano Chisame. Author does not give a gently caress.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Yeah, the first time I saw her in the OP I was like "wait, was that...." and then she kept showing up and I was laughing. It was well done.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Updated OP with Azusa Chisame.

Also, the principal should just get married to Raimu already.

honkykong
Sep 20, 2005

N is for Nipples posted:

I read manga and ride magna. I'm part of the small group.

Also pictured: messy rear end garage.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009

filthychimp posted:

Also, I didn't realize her name was actually Nakano Chisame. Author does not give a gently caress.
Bakuon's K-on Club with their hit song "Rice is the main dish" "Potatoes is the main course".

Also, the stage act was a parody of Yowamushi Pedal's ridiculous live action thing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMUj6O1sKB8&t=88s

Edit: It is also apparently a parody of the 80s Motocompo/City CMs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAYd2AK53P8

Zettace fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Jun 1, 2016

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Yep, the OP changes were pretty good. Didn't expect them to be so thorough.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
I bet they animated the 2nd OP first then went back and erased the new girl to make the first OP.

.Clash
Apr 10, 2009
Unbelieving I had to pause and google mini bike racing. Wow.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

.Clash posted:

Unbelieving I had to pause and google mini bike racing. Wow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DWyKs9w00I

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.
Chisame really should have been in this show from a lot earlier. She adds just the right sort of pseudo-tsukkomi voice to round out the cast and make the cast's interactions feel more natural.

Does something like that BDSM balance harness actually exist?

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
New ED animation was great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

So liking Suzukis is a transmittable disease? lmao

• Locked thread