Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
Nooooooo!

Diving save +1 to Sullo. Upgrade a terrible disaster to a merely bad one

Wispy count: 2

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Apr 7, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.

Amyhdahl, God of Broken Promises
HP - 2

"The task I have given you is not of trivial size", he replied to his champion's question. "I have granted you wisdom beyond what comes naturally to you; apply it in whatever way you deem wisest. Should you experiment and alter the world around you to simplify your task? Yes, I did shape you for that purpose". Amyhdahl briefly pondered the loyal subjects gathered before him. While they were definitely smart, it couldn't hurt to give them a nudge in the right direction. After all, there is no better way to learn than by example. He felt a demonstration was in need. "Gather some of your men and meet me near that glass forest in an hour, Deesix".

---

Deesix and seven other Fortugnats sat on a pile of silver rocks. Before them stood Amyhdahl, pacing back and forth with his hands behind his back. Why he had brought them to this forest they did not know, but they seemed to consider it an honor to be in his presence. "As you may have noticed, the wretched demon of streaming water, Illarin, has declared war on the creatures of the land. The signs are obvious to my divine eyes; the number of rivers that flow in these lands has gone up dramatically in but a short time". There was a look of surprise on the Fortugnat's faces. Was there really a demon intent on destroying their homes? "I can tell his influence has devastated the natural world. Look at these glass trees. Most of them are cracked, and in a few short years, they might all be gone". His captive audience let out a collective gasp of surprise. "But fear not, for this is also the key to completing your quest".

Amyhdahl turned to face one of the cracked trees and raised both of his arms in the air. Energy started to crackle in the palms of his hands. Seconds later he waved them at the glass tree, and ripple of divine energy burst forth from them. There was a blinding flash of light. The sound of glass shattering into a million pieces and immediately being reconstituted into something else. The Fortugnats covered their eyes in fear, only to open them again when the sound died down. There stood Amyhdahl, carrying two strange items in both of his hands. In his left, a beautiful necklace. Its many round beads scattered light in a pleasant and somewhat mesmerizing pattern. In his right, a sharp looking sword.

"Let this be a lesson, my loyal subjects. Generally speaking, there are two ways to grow a strong nation: through force, and through trade". He casually handed Deesix the glass blade, which, because of his smaller stature, was more of a claymore in his hands. "Force speaks for itself, and I won't elaborate on its use. Trade, on the other hand, deserves an explanation. You see, if the demon Illarin is going to continue his war on Somewhere's land, these forests will become a rarity. And if you, the Fortugnats, are the only people with access to these forests, and the only people with knowledge of how to craft goods from it, well... You'll have a very scarce resource that you can trade for just about anything".

And so Amyhdahl ended his lesson for the day. The seeds of future betrayals had been sowed. Now, he just had to be patient...

(Reshape glass into useful things, 1d20=17, http://orokos.com/roll/389986)

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007
In the heart of chaos this wisp is born

-1 Sullo

It has no wants or needs, yet, this seems right.

Wisp count = 1

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Illarin, God of Flowing Water

3 HP

There was silence for quite some time, the Aquea unsure if they would ever receive an answer waited with baited breath and would be rewarded for their patience with a response "You have been granted an opportunity, make your way to the lake of whey and the lakes of milk and experiment. If I am pleased with the results your people shall receive a boon."

The brief message would be all the Aqueau received for quite some time, Illarin becoming preoccupied with spreading his influence elsewhere, turned his divine eye toward the southwest of Somewhere. Quite pleased to hear the musical stylings of the Silvurtle, an offhand comment is delivered to the Joyous Ashar Ado "These people have become interesting, but they could be much more."

Once more Illarin thrusts his power into the land and inflicted disaster; the land cracking beneath his fingertips revealing deposits of glass near and in the lake nearest to the Silvurtle's homeland. By itself this glass would do nothing and thus did Illarin add a spark of the divine to the lake, the spires of glass jutting from the lake tinkling faintly in rhythm with the Silvurtle as they sang, the shards of glass nearest the shore rattling in time with their music when held in the Silvurtle's grasp.

Pleased with his work Illarin turned his voice to the Silvurtle "Creatures of Ashar Ado, use the gifts of Illarin that you have been granted to spread your Joy to my people the Aqueau and in time your races will flourish."

His task complete Illarin withdrew back to the sky to rest and watch bemusedly as Amyhdahl set the stage for further amusement.

Combining glass and water to introduce instruments to the Silvurtle: 12 (13 with +1 from Waci)

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Apr 8, 2016

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
My priority is helping the Fortugnats. Because they are awesome.

+1 to Amyhdahl's Action.

DCB's Wisp Count: 2

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
Ashar Ado

3/3 HP

The Music of the World was wondrous to behold, and Ashar Ado danced with Joy. Inspiration!
So fresh! Prayers, fulfilling! A Peoples of its very own! They where precious to Ashar Ado, even though it could be said to be the personification of the Flight of Fancy.

The Presence smiled upon the Silvurtle People and though they could not see it, they felt the Joy deep inside, warming their cores.
"My children, the Power was yours all along. The power to feel, to experience. The Power of Creation. Go forth, sing the Silver Song and Manifest your Destiny."

Creating Silver Song: 1d20 18

And lo, did the Silvurtle Peoples find their songs enhanced by Ashar Ado. With great harmony and joyful intent they could suddenly visit Change upon the world, beyond what they could affect with gumption and hard work alone; forming it to their will through the power of song.

Should discordant tones visit those of dark mind however, this power could be used for dubious means; But Ashar Ado feared not. Even such Chaos as evil might bring would at least be interesting to watch, and what was Pain for some might indeed be Joy to others.
The Divine Experience was above such pettiness as morality; it cared for the emotion and emotion alone.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
-1 Sullo

This Wisp will not allow introduction of weight differences that will eventually turns into racism (Fat shaming version).

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

+1 to Ashar Ado

Wisp Count: 2

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Another wispy

+1 to Ashar Ado

Let's make the silver turtle people learn divine magic in a big way!

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
Hey! Cut out that racket!

Some of us are trying to sleep.

-1 to Asher Ado

Naps Taken: 2

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

-1 Sullo

Wisp II

Because I want to see what happens :D

edit: Oh, nice. The Ashar Ado have the wishsong of Shannara :D

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
-1 on the Sullo. Let's shake up the balance of power a bit, eh?

(Is there any particular reason some people are counting their wisp... interventions, I suppose?)

Nevermind, I read it in the OP. This force of wispiness is at 2!

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

+1 Sullo

For he is most full of misfortune and un-luck, of all the gods. This wisp is drawn to him and applies what power it possesses to help him.

Wisp count: 2

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

+1 to Amyhdahl's Action.

Wisp count: 2

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
+1 Sullo

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

WHY YOU GOTTA BREAK A BROS HEART
Aaaah I'm witholding my Wisp for Catmandu because I'm a Wisp who touches cattes when they're not looking and am committed to that lifestyle but I want to nega-Wisp Sullo so bad just to see what happens when that 1 rolls into Milktown. Will a meteor of heaviness strike and destroy the heresy that is lowfat? Fatwa against the filthy drinkers of soy? I need to know. Come on goons, make it happen.

Kyyp
Jan 14, 2007

RIP Laitache. You were everyone's last choice, and the wisps hate you.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
+1 to Illarin. Silvurtle civilization will bloom.

Wisp count: 2.

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

Maybe after their disaster they could rise from the soggy ashes like a glorious buttermilk phoenix? Either way, what are the odds we get to see another natural spectacle unfold like this? Also how are we supposed to get cheese without rennet ?

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Kyyp posted:

RIP Laitache. You were everyone's last choice, and the wisps hate you.

Not mine!

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Catmandu, Goddess of Cattes
3/3 HP

"What shall we sacrifice to you?"

The words rang through Catmandu's ears. How could she reconcile the idea of an act involving waste when the Verre were in such need? She thought long and hard about what she would want them to sacrifice. Should she recommend one of the other creatures on the island? The act in and of itself would involve an aggressive act... And although cattes can be aggressive when they need to be, she did not believe that this was the time to teach them the joy of hunting.

She thought about the word 'sacrifice'. She did not want to offend her people, so she needed to think of something... And then it occurred to her what a catte could sacrifice that was simultaneously precious but did not involve hunting.

"My children," she purred "a sacrifice that I would find most pleasing is an offering of milk. Whenever you would pay homage to me, you all should drink milk - but leave one serving of it out for me as a 'sacrifice'."

Teaching the Verre to sacrifice a serving of milk to me as part of their worship: 18.

Thank you all for your support in keeping me around last time! I'll try to keep in the theme of my goddess, but I'm always eager to see what people have to say about the Verre!

LuiCypher fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Apr 8, 2016

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

LuiCypher posted:

3/3 HP

Teaching the Verre to sacrifice a serving of milk to me as part of their worship: 18.

Mmmyes Mr. Giraffe, +1 Wisp all the milk. All of it please.

Interesting set of circumstances that we may see a 1 and a 20 in the same turn eh?

Wispometer: 2

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
+1 to Ashar Ado

Wisp vote 2

JesterOfAmerica
Sep 11, 2015

LuiCypher posted:

3/3 HP

+1 to Catmandu

Wisp 2

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
THERE IS NO BALANCE ONLY WINNERS LIKE ME AND LOSERS!

-1 TO SULLO

GET OUT YOU LIGHTWEIGHT!

WISP COUNT: 2

Bee Bonk
Feb 19, 2011

+1 to Amyhdahl's Action.
Wispiness: 1.

I like the way he rolls.

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
As an unrealized god of the spirit realm, I cannot allow The Dream to die.

Regardless of the outcome, this Wisp throws in with Sullo's cause (+1) to expand the minds of beast-men toward divine imagination.

DSMG's Wisp Actions: 1

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Hello, Creature! Do You Despise Goat Hating Fascists? So Do We! Join Us at Paradise Lost!

For there to be tresholds and bounderies, there must be groups and there must be differences. Sullo gathers the milk-people into a great people; The Wisp That Will One Day Become The God Of Bounderies, and who already once helped Sullo, he lends his meagre power to Sullo's will.

+1 sullo,

Action count: 2

Music Theory
Aug 7, 2013

Roland T. Dapperman posted:

+1 to Ashar Ado

Wisp Count: 2

Same.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
Wisping Closed! Update.... Today!

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

+1 to update :buddy:

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

Sorry, not an update yet, but I just wanted to thank whoever for the avatar! My first one ever!

Fun fact: I haven't paid for any upgrade on SA!
  • Got my account bought for my birthday under the name Agashiel
  • Fragmaster changed my name to dog kisser
  • Won Platinum in a contest
  • Won archives in a contest
  • Won avatar from you beautiful people

Update still being worked on - writing almost done, just gotta get time to draw!

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

RIP Stupid Newbie Classic, long live the new avatar!

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

dog kisser posted:

Sorry, not an update yet, but I just wanted to thank whoever for the avatar! My first one ever!

Fun fact: I haven't paid for any upgrade on SA!
  • Got my account bought for my birthday under the name Agashiel
  • Fragmaster changed my name to dog kisser
  • Won Platinum in a contest
  • Won archives in a contest
  • Won avatar from you beautiful people

Update still being worked on - writing almost done, just gotta get time to draw!

One day I will have plat too, free forums stuff buddy!

So far I have:
*Free avatar
*Free name change

And then the forums will probably shut down the next day.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

oh god this has a lot of posts already

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

Abyssal Squid posted:

oh god this has a lot of posts already
Don't be intimidated - anyone can jump into the game whenever they want. Really, as a God you don't even need to have any idea about any historical stuff, you can just act however you want!

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

dog kisser posted:

Don't be intimidated - anyone can jump into the game whenever they want. Really, as a God you don't even need to have any idea about any historical stuff, you can just act however you want!

Unless you're the God of Historical Stuff.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Oh I hadn't realized how much was wisps and action that's already happened, instead of pregaming. That'll learn me for forgetting this was a Dog Kisser game!

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

+1 Ashar

Wisp count: 1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Wisping is already cloooosed!

• Locked thread