Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Illarin, God of Flowing Water
d100 = 69

Materials: Water, Silt, Milk, Wheat, and Fire.

:woop: Was tempted to flat out roll Illuminas up, but that seems like it'd be cheeky :v:.

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Apr 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Silt and Bismuth

Fire and Water

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

3 HP

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

3 HP

It would surprise very few studying the creation myths to find that the attention of Illarin was immediately drawn to the pure and simple Aqueans, Illarin delighted in their ability to move freely through his favoured element with ease, he decided to reward them in their infancy.

Setting his focus on the mass that was Somewhere, the God of Flowing water let his divine touch fall upon the land; a massive ethereal hand dipping its fingers in the waters of the Aqueau's home, and after a moment's thought Illarin begins to rake his finger across the land, new riverbeds forming under his touch and angling off into the distance.

It took but a few moments from Illarin's perspective to complete his work, but to the people of Somewhere the first of many natural disasters had struck, massive earthquakes tearing the landscape asunder. The aftermath of the terrible event revealing hidden blessings however; fresh water Trickling down each newly formed riverbed headed off to the far reaches of the land.

Adding additional rivers to increase the territory of the Aqueau: 19 (20 with a +1 from Theantero)

Whether it ends up promoting trade or war down the road I guess we'll see! All of the cultures can benefit from fresh water brought to them faster, but I'm only addressing my water babies for now :v:.

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Apr 6, 2016

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Does the massive failure/massive ruling only count for natural 1s and 20s or modified ones too? It's just specified that the roll has to be a 1 or 20 in the OP. :rolldice:.

Silvurtles are deffo the cutest, perpetual grins on the Aqueaus makes them a close second for me though :v:.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

If it's about the natural roll then just to clarify, damage is still taken if we roll below a 10 and wisps pushed us above it? Or do we not take damage if we rolled an 11 and then wisps shoved us below?

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

3 HP

There was silence for quite some time, the Aquea unsure if they would ever receive an answer waited with baited breath and would be rewarded for their patience with a response "You have been granted an opportunity, make your way to the lake of whey and the lakes of milk and experiment. If I am pleased with the results your people shall receive a boon."

The brief message would be all the Aqueau received for quite some time, Illarin becoming preoccupied with spreading his influence elsewhere, turned his divine eye toward the southwest of Somewhere. Quite pleased to hear the musical stylings of the Silvurtle, an offhand comment is delivered to the Joyous Ashar Ado "These people have become interesting, but they could be much more."

Once more Illarin thrusts his power into the land and inflicted disaster; the land cracking beneath his fingertips revealing deposits of glass near and in the lake nearest to the Silvurtle's homeland. By itself this glass would do nothing and thus did Illarin add a spark of the divine to the lake, the spires of glass jutting from the lake tinkling faintly in rhythm with the Silvurtle as they sang, the shards of glass nearest the shore rattling in time with their music when held in the Silvurtle's grasp.

Pleased with his work Illarin turned his voice to the Silvurtle "Creatures of Ashar Ado, use the gifts of Illarin that you have been granted to spread your Joy to my people the Aqueau and in time your races will flourish."

His task complete Illarin withdrew back to the sky to rest and watch bemusedly as Amyhdahl set the stage for further amusement.

Combining glass and water to introduce instruments to the Silvurtle: 12 (13 with +1 from Waci)

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Apr 8, 2016

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

RIP Stupid Newbie Classic, long live the new avatar!

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Wisping is already cloooosed!

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

3 HP

Illarin tosses a sly smile in the direction of Amyhdahl as the God of Broken Promises informs his people of the demon Illarin, he would come back to that situation shortly, but for now Illarin attends to more important matters.

The Aqueau had done as he had asked and Illarin would give them what he had promised. For the first time in the age Illarin deigns to manifest physically in Somewhere, appearing before the Aqueau that have done as he bid ""You have done well and thus I grant you the boon I have promised. Among your people you must pick the most worthy of the Aqueau, I care not how. The chosen member of your race will be summoned in the near future and I will imbue them with a gift to the benefit of all the Aqueau."

Illarin's avatar settles down onto his knees resting comfortably on the surface of the lake as though it were solid ground before he continues "The second part of your boon will be a gift of knowledge. My fellow gods and I will not be here forever, already several of us have begun to fade away to make room for a new generation of Godlings, we are but the first of many who will visit these lands and I trust that you will show due deference to these new Gods when they arrive, but always keep the founders in your thoughts." A heavy burden of knowledge has been lain at the feet of the Aqueau, but as their confusion begins to set in their god has already vanished off into the ether leaving them with more questions than answers.

His promise fulfilled to the Aqueau, Illarin turns his attention back to the Fortugnat, a form much larger than he had shown to the Aqueau arose from the sea one morning, towering over the remaining glass forests a booming voice echoing out through the fragile trees "You were warned creatures of the Fortugnat, but you did not heed this warning well enough." Giant fists dig into the land and a stream of brackish water flows down from Illiran's face and across the masses of the Fortugnat people, evaporating as it makes contact with them "Know that Illarin curses you this day and that from this point forth the divine element of Water will hold but death for you!"

As his curse is uttered to completion the body of the massive avatar Illiran had created bursts into a heavy fog which blanketed the land for many a week afterward.

The Fortugnat were promised a villain and here he is :devil:

Cursing the Fortugnat, water will hold only death for them: 19

The Aqueau have earned Illarin's boon, they can elect a member of their race whom Illarin will imbue with a divine spark in round 4.

BE CURSED

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 10:47 on Apr 11, 2016

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Aw :( Illarin doesn't harbour any ill will toward Amhydahl, I was just playing into the demon narrative to give Amyhdahl the opening to just betray their trust at the last minute and disengage if he wanted to break the Fortugnat's hearts :v:.

R.I.P AMYHDAHL! First of many down this trail of corpses.

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Apr 9, 2016

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

With a positive vote to Ashar Ado you could have that! The Aqueau love eating mutation granting cheese :v:. No doubt in a few ages the land will be covered in horrorterror cheese creatures!

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

The whey becoming an awful downsides only mutagen doesn't even hurt that badly, the Aqueau can already make healthy cheese from the milk lakes if the whey lake becomes tainted haha.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

The standings so far for any new wisps/wisps that wanna change their votes.

Amyhdahl: Helping to create a fort near the Mirror Lake, roll of 1 modified to 1.

Ashar Ado: Making the whey in the whey lake mutagenic, roll of 2 modified to 5.

Catmandu: Make the Verre stealthy/observational, roll of 4 modified to 9.

Illarin: Water curse the Fortugnat, roll of 19 modified to 20 with a +2 buffer

Sullo: Creating a bridge for the Laitache to the NW island, roll of 11 modified to 13.

e: Just as bonus information we now have 5 god players, 16 wisps that have been with us from the start, 7 with us for 2 rounds, and another 6 wisps just joining us this round!

Round 1 had a total of 20 votes that were all positive, it was a very friendly time!

Round 2 garnered a total of 21 votes, 15 of which were positive and 6 that were negative. The wisps did discover their love for pain this round.

Round 3 thus far has brought in 20 positive votes and 7 negative! Things have gotten a little more positive!

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Apr 11, 2016

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

3 HP

The Fortugnat
Illarin, silently watching from the clouds as his curse takes effect, gives a sad nod. Amyhdahl had fallen before being able to capitalize on the amusement that Illarin had fed into and it was a shame that the God of Broken Promises would not be around to bring his machinations to completion.

The god of broken promises had sought to fill the land of Somewhere with a myriad of concepts, among them the heartbreak of sudden betrayal and the despair of being conned, thus did Illarin whisper but 4 words into the back of the mind of Deesix as a parting blow from the now deceased deity "This Is Your Fault."

Mutations

Ashar Ado had acted quite oddly in the past few moments, dipping its divine form into the lake of whey momentarily before retreating gleefully. It wasn't until some time later when Illarin bothered to look into the lake that he noticed the new oddity and let out a bellowing laugh. Manifesting on the surface of the whey lake above the new creature, Illarin plucked it haphazardly from within and began to speak "I see child that you have been visited upon by one of my compatriots, the God Ashar Ado they Joyous has seen fit to leave its people the Silvurtle for a moment and to bestow a gift upon you."

The newly formed creature is no doubt rapt in attention and so Illarin places him back in the whey slurry "Ashar Ado is a pleasant sort, and one so important as to have been influenced by a god is deserving of a name given by one." Illarin nods and touches a finger gently to the Aqueau mutant "I wipe away what name you once had and declare you Rennet, hero of the Aqueau. Serve your people well."

Not one for lengthy sentiments, Illarin simply nods and fades gently into a quickly dispersing mist leaving an awed Rennet in his wake.

Droplette

The day had come. The Aqueau had managed to decide upon their representative and Illarin would live up to the promise he had made. There is no pomp and circumstance in Illarin's blessing, one day Droplette is simply having a relaxing swim in the lake and in the next moment there is a slight shift in water pressure as she continues to swim unworried. Illarin allows Droplette to swim for a time before he deigns to address her "Droplette my child you must swim to the edge of the water." She does and in doing so finds she is in fact no longer inside of the Origin Lake, but has been floating inside of the blessed ball of water that floats above Illarin's head.

Without a word the scenery of the heavens that Droplette has been able to view for but a moment dissipates and she finds herself in the Czar river between the Whey lake and the Origin lake. Her brief brush with divinity had changed her however, intimate knowledge of water and how to control it in its many forms had been imparted onto the young Aqueau, alongside the know-how to teach these skills to others.

Blessing Droplette with hydromancy and the knowledge to teach it 14

Naming the Hero Rennet.

I'll come back to this and tighten it up in a bit haha, I haven't had my coffee yet.

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Apr 13, 2016

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

:tipshat:

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

:woop: Perfect no hit run for Illarin! Best God. :catholic:

e: Final wisp totals for the age!

Absurd Revolver: 4
Abyssal Squid: 2
AJ_Impy: 2
Arkanomen: 1
Barbed Tongues: 3
Deltasquid: 4
Dinosaurmageddon: 3
DivineCoffeeBinge: 4
Elfface: 2
Gravedust: 3
Hexenritter: 1
HiHo ChiRho: 4
hollylolly: 4
JesterOfAmerica: 4
King Cohort: 2
Kristopher: 1
LivesInGrey: 2
LowellDND: 3
Magnusth: 4
mcclay: 4
Music Theory: 3
nothing to seehere: 1
Nyaa: 4
Puppies are dicks: 4
RandomPaul: 4
Roland T. Dapperman: 4
stevey666: 1
Theantero: 4
TheNabster: 4
UnCO3: 2
Waci: 4
Xiphopagus: 3
Zybourne Clock: 0

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 10:02 on Apr 14, 2016

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

3 HP

The time had come for Illarin to depart the world. There were no long sorrow filled goodbyes to be had, his children had been prepared for this and now had the support of a friendly race to bring them through their ordeals.

As Illarin's body fell to the earth of Somewhere he imparted his final gift to the land, a portion of his essence cast off into the realm.

Illarin has 3HP remaining and so creates an Artifact with the aspects of Knowledge, Transference, and Fountain

CYOA

As tempted as I am to see a slice of life cyoa of Madking Deesix, Sterling calls to me as the culmination of Illarin and Ashar Ado's matchmaking :v:.

1. H
2. P

Aw hell, who am I kidding :v:, Madking Deesix all they way!

1. D
2. P

I'll probably come back and write a better send off for Illarin, but I feel like garbage right now!

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Apr 15, 2016

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

B Dig yourself deeper into your pit Deesix!

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

I'm not a fan of A, it seems like that's just gonna end up with Deesix rampaging indiscriminately around, at least with F his madness will be focused toward something.

B will let us see the eldritch horrors beneath the earth and I'm always a fan of FUN. The introspection of C is less preferable to me than B, but hey it beats mindless rampages.

A vote for B is a vote to unleash the kaiju from deep beneath the earth!

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

:iit:

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

1A
2A

Absolutely nothing wrong could happen from diving directly into the subject of a racewide curse placed upon you and then devouring raw godstuff! Just look how it worked out for the horror terrors in here!

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Apr 18, 2016

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

B Ever deeper.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Amyhdahl pulls through in the end :v:. The ultimate betrayal!

D Hate to break it to you Deesix, but you're kinda bonkers!

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Apr 21, 2016

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

RandomPauI posted:

Cower before me as I roll a...

(Rolls a 36+3 Counts the number of people with higher rolls)

Being a wisp is more fun anyways.

You wisped 4 times in the last age, just fyi.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Maatalous, Goddess of Growing Things

http://orokos.com/roll/394852: 1d100 74

Plus 4 for my Wisp Count becomes 78!

Uguu has already been knocked out :v:.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Oh nu-uh! Not the water babies home!

-1 to Tidur

Wisp Count: 1

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Absurd Revolver posted:

Just as a note, I can't imagine voting me below 1 will do anything but make things more disastrous, so please do <3

"On a roll of 1, lose 2 HP and your Action backfires entirely, causing the opposite effect."

Also what Waci said :v:.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

How is it preventing disaster when you're helping a God cause a disaster? :v:

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

It's been fairly consistent throughout the latter half of the last age. We typically see a few new people trickle in each round while folks who've only posted once or twice in earlier rounds drop off slower.

Age 1 Round 1: 20

Age 1 Round 2: 21

Age 1 Round 3: 27

Age 1 Round 4: 28

Age 2 Round 1: 30

The actual potential player pool is at 45 including the gods, but some of those are people who posted once in age 1 and never came back.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Trying to make the chill Turtle babies angry through song!? May the turts be ever calm!

-1 to Tidur

Wisp Count: 2

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Waci posted:

Maybe the anger-song could be used to prepare for wiping out the anomalice, if the aqueau or someone else tells the silvurtles.

Who needs an anger song when the Aqueau have a button that can make the anomalice passive so the Aqueau can just murder them? :v:

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

dog kisser posted:

Wisping closed, but update is still a while away/tomorrow maybe :V

Whoops!

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

:allears: +1 Tarix

Wisp count: 3

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

+1 to Tarix The murder bro oath is fulfilled.

Wisp Count: 4

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Wisp list because there's a lot of "um I think x Wisps?" and incorrectly stated counts this age :v:.

Aabcehmu: +4
Absurd Revolver: 0, unable to become a god in age 3
Abyssal Squid: 0, unable to become a god in age 3
A Darker Porpoise: +4, -10 in age 3 from God cooldown
AJ_Impy: +6
Apocron: +4
Arkanomen: 0, unable to become a god in age 3
Barbed Tongues: +6
Deltasquid: 0, unable to become a god in age 3
Dinosaurmageddon: +7
DivineCoffeeBinge: +8, in addition to a +5 to next attempt to join as a god.
Elfface: +5
Gravedust: +5
Hexenritter: +5
HiHo ChiRho: +8
hollylolly: +8
JesterOfAmerica: +8
John Lee: +1
Josef bugman: +4
JosephWongKS: +4
King Cohort: +5
Kristopher: +2
Kyyp: +3, -10 in age 3 from God cooldown
LivesInGrey: +5
LowellDND: +6
LuiCypher: +4, -10 in age 3 from God cooldown
Magnusth: +7
mcclay: +7
meteloides: +2
Music Theory: +3
nothing to seehere: +5
Nyaa: +8
Obscil: +1
OrangeOrbit: +1
Puppies are dicks: +8
RandomPauI: +8
Roland T. Dapperman: +6
ShadowGlass: +1
stevey666: +1
Swedish Thaumocracy: +2, -10 in age 3 from God cooldown
Theantero: 0, unable to become a god in age 3
TheNabster: +8
Toughy: +3
Tran: +1
Tricky Dick Nixon: +3
UnCO3: +6
Waci: +8
Xiphopagus: +7
Xun: +1
Zybourne Clock: +4, -10 in age 3 from God cooldown

I'll go ahead and update/re-post this at the end of the cyoa section too.

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 01:16 on May 1, 2016

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Yeah I've got you down as 4 in my actual count :v:, I just missed you while I was punching in numbers to my post. :sweatdrop:

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Specifically it's The Ocean, the hell void that all the wisps are in that provides the light, not the water ocean surrounding the map. The wisps are the stars in the night sky.

dog kisser has been fairly particular about capitalization when mentioning the Ocean Vs. the ocean. :v:

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

A
S

Water Granny your life is almost over, let's be there when you die!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

1A Wheyfarer Rennet's cheese is divine and he always has time for visitors after all :v:.
2A

• Locked thread