Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
http://orokos.com/roll/389069: 1d100 1

Look like I'll be a Wisp. Heh. No need for a name, so:

5 Materials: Water, Stone, Fire, Hope, and Music

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Rock OR Metal

Fire AND Water

E: prolly too late. Ah well!

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

I like the Fortugnat. I will use my Wisp-y bonuses to help out the Fortugnats. Forever.

Zybourne Clock posted:

Amyhdahl, God of Broken Promises

(Bless Fortugnats with intelligence and charisma, 1d20=5, http://orokos.com/roll/389584)

Even when the roll is so low that my help might not amount to much.

+1 to this action.

DCB'S Wisp Action Count: 1

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Wisping is way more fun than I was afraid it might be! Seems like if you get enough Wisps together you essentially have veto power over a God; you can make a good roll terrible and a bad roll amazing. Maybe it's time we get a Congress of Wisps together and start dictating terms. ;)

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

dog kisser posted:

Quite so - but don't forget you can downvote people! Y'all are too nice!

See, that's kind of what I'm saying! "Hey Gods - do the poo poo us Wisps want you to or else your actions might not work out so well for you, you know what I'm sayin'? It's a nice divinity you got here... be a shame if somethin' were to happen to it..."

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

My priority is helping the Fortugnats. Because they are awesome.

+1 to Amyhdahl's Action.

DCB's Wisp Count: 2

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Man, you want to mess with Amyhdahl, that's fine, but don't you mess with the Fortugnats. Uncool, Illarin.

-1 to Illarin's Action. Bad Illarin.

DCB's Wisp Counter: 3

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Failure at making mutagenic whey could mean that they whey becomes a potent mutagen but all the mutations are bad. Thalidowhey.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

+1 to Ashar Ado

DCB's Wisp Count: 4

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

1. D: What's going to be more interesting than the Mad Fallen King? Following that dude is gonna be fascinating!

2. P: The Mad King's personal journey - from glory to madness to despair to..... where? Redemption? Apostasy? Nihilism? Oblivion? is definitely a journey I want to see.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Gravedust posted:

One more completely superfluous vote for D,P!

I feel really, really bad for the poor guy, but this is gonna be great.

Great, or horrifying! Entertaining either way, though!

(Deesix should never have gathered seven companions. They are six-sided dice, they should never have a group of more than six! Obviously!)

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Dude's name is d6. If he wanted to be a d8 he shoulda changed it. :colbert:

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

A. Onwards and upwards, Deesix! Your redemption is out there somewhere!

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

My second choice gets it, so I can't be sad. Let's visit and/or create Somewhere's Hell!

....if Mad King Deesix turns into Somewhere's Satan-figure I will be delighted, actually.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

C
D

Shatter the remnants of Amydahl's power, this final Promise yet to be Broken. Gather and command the downtrodden, the feared, the misshapen. The damage to your soul, Deesix, mirrors the damage to their forms. Command them, and forge a new destiny, one free of Gods and their machinations and their miserable lies. What have the Gods ever brought you but pain? They gave you Glass, to wound yourselves with. They gave you a Curse, to know yourself for the broken being you are. They gave you life, and then told you how little meaning it had.

Tear them down, Deesix. Tear it ALL down.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

AJ_Impy posted:

D

You were betrayed, by a God whose nature was betrayal. How do you bury a broken promise? How do you truly lay it to rest? Through forgiveness, and restitution. Return to your people. You served him fathfully and well, despite his faithless nature, so go unto them until you go unto him.

D, for the reasons stated above. It's just too good.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

D. Freeing the Fortugnats will make for a great future CYOA Adventure!

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Maatalous, Goddess of Growing Things

http://orokos.com/roll/394852: 1d100 74

Plus 4 for my Wisp Count becomes 78!

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

....you know what?

Dog Kisser, please :siren: disregard Maatalous' roll for this Age.

I will be happy to Wisp again for a bit in exchange for seeing what Uguu gets up to.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

+1 to Uguu

DCB's Wisp Count: 5 (+5 Bonus)

Anime will free the Fortugnat from their bondage. I... I don't know how to feel about this.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

+1 to Uguu for DiceNinja!

DCB's Wisp Count: 6 (+5 Bonus)

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Absurd Revolver posted:

I think if anything has been proven, it's that people are very attached to the denizens of Somewhere. Which is good, but utopias are boring and things need shaken up sometimes.

Yeah, a Utopia built on a pair of slave castes (the Fortugnat and the Heavy Lataiche). I see some proletariat revolution in Somewhere's future.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

+1 to... Tarix. You're great, Uguu, but this one needs the help more and also is a great rebuttal to the "oh I guess you all just want a Utopia" nonsense.

Death and destruction only gets shouted down when it's pointless and dumb. When it's metal as gently caress, everyone will fall into line.

DCB's Wisp Count: 7 (+5 one-time bonus)

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

dog kisser posted:

Again, I say there is room for pointless destruction - natural disasters are things, after all. I think the ONLY reason Tidur got downvoted so hard was because he rolled a 1. If he had rolled a 15 or something, people would have been more on board to see what sort of shenanigans would crop up. I find it intolerable that people are specifically singling out Absurd Revolver for this - this is explicitly a game of Godly Whims, and if someone wants to try to destroy a city or turn a People into goop or fill the world with monsters they should bloody well be allowed to!

Also what's more metal than a godly Meteor obliterating a city made of metal!? I bet there's literally a Metalocalypse song about it!

No, you're right - I didn't intend to target Absurd Revolver, but I can look back and see that whether I meant to or not, I kinda did; Absurd Revolver, that was profoundly uncool of me and I apologize.

I was aiming for a more generalized point of "personally, I think the whole Death and Destruction thing is awesome when it seems to flow naturally from the established storyline, and that preference informs my voting patterns," and I kinda muffed it. Mea maxima culpa.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

+1 to Eleathas in the hopes that War will arrive fast enough to save the Fortugnats!

DCB's Wisp Count: 8 (+5 one-time bonus)

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Abyssal Squid posted:

3. A gambler's gotta know when to hold 'em, when to fold 'em, and when to walk away.

This. This is the reason. All that other stuff is just gravy. :D

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

JQ

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Theantero posted:

1B
2D

Screw them then. We've done nothing wrong, and have no reason to hide.

Seconding this. We have done nothing wrong! 1B, 2D

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

I have been failing to pay attention. I blame Stellaris.

A is the only option; Shi will help the Fortugnat. But Shi has learned from their time among the Verre; by adapting to their ways, Shi has survived. Shi has become Adaptable in ways that most creatures of Somewhere could never be.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

http://orokos.com/roll/402975: 1d100 31 plus wisp count of 8 plus one-time bonus of 5 is 44.

No Godhood for me this time around! I will just have to do my Wispy best to help out the Fortugnat however I can.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

+1 to Fortuna

Wisp Count 9

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

-1 to Tezcota sorry dude but I want to save my remaining +

Wisp Count 10