Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

The ninja 650 was a really good one that I've been leaning towards for sure. I haven't really had that many people doing stuff like that except for my mom who I guess is relentlessly trying to make me not want to get one by asking all of her friends for crash stories to tell me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

When I heard it was a bike anime I assumed the other kind but heck, tonight I'll watch this anyways :cheerdoge:

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Squad.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Something I really hope they keep doing besides the comedy is the really grounded rider life stuff that showed the artist knew what he was writing about.

The stuck in the wrong gear from a stop bit still being in there is promising, that's a super common experience for people who are new to riding and you feel like the silliest idiot every time you do it.

The comic is full of small details like that besides just the manufacturer and bike culture injokes and it would be sad if they were lost.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

I do not know a lot about bikes (motorcycles) but I do know that the logo for this is pretty cool!!

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

If you watch and or read it you will learn quite a bit about bikes, it's pretty educational since the premise is an experienced person teaching somebody who knows nothing about bikes about the culture.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

someone make avatars out of this and let's have a gang

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Somebody fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Apr 8, 2016

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Parallax posted:

someone make avatars out of this and let's have a gang

give me a better source image

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

ok

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

El Burbo posted:

give me a better source image

is that any better

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

thatll do

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

banished user yes_cantaloupe is also apparently working on these

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Argona
Feb 16, 2009

I don't want to go on living the boring life of a celestial forever.

I watched the first ep. The Stig was good.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I watched it, while on a bike

It was entertaining and drat if it doesn't make me wonder what it'd be like to own a motorcycle

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

There any good Itashas of these crotch rockets or is that a more car thing?

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Butt Frosted Cake posted:

There any good Itashas of these crotch rockets or is that a more car thing?

They actually did a KTM race team up with bakuon livery a while ago, I don't know if they still wear it.

on the track:

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

They didn't get the KTM license for the show though... I wanna see a superduke.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Sharkopath posted:

Same

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Maybe they're just keeping it secret.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

If so then the reveal of the super duke rider will be good

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I wonder what the bakuons think of electric motorcycles.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Dryzen posted:

If so then the reveal of the super duke rider will be good

The name of the store they do ads for is SUPERDUKE, heres a raimu on the little ninja.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i'm almost halfway through the currently translated chapters and i definitely agree with Srice, the series makes me wanna know what having/riding a motorbike is like

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Sharkopath posted:

Would the axis triumvirate be complete with an Austrian bike maker or German bike maker????

Here mine.

My helmet has the feelings I have about this anime.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

ElMaligno posted:

Would the axis triumvirate be complete with an Austrian bike maker or German bike maker????

Here mine.

My helmet has the feelings I have about this anime.

the beak on the gs series always looked so cool to me, I haven't ridden an adventure tourer though.

There is a bmw in the comic at least, but we'll have to see if it shows up for the anime.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

My helmets an Icon airmada in the most clashing colorway I found at the store that day.

Sharkopath fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Apr 6, 2016

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Post ur bieks

My first one a 1983 Suzuki GS650GL, good learner bike but made me hate naked bikes.

Second bike a 2000 Kawasaki ZRX 1100 went like WHOA fast and I though this was going to be my BFF (biek friend forever). Then the engine exploded earlier this year.

I already posted my third one, so have the review i posted over at CA.

ElMaligno posted:

3 week review of a former rental 35k miles 2014 F700GS
The good:
If you loving told me two months ago that I would be driver a german bike, and one that was a loving weenie compared to my mighty ZRX I would have laughed and laughed at you and calling a loving oval office for suggesting that. After all I would ride that thing until my dying breath or its dying breath.

And of loving course it died, shinny and chrome and on its way to become a stuntbike in mad max heaven

And so the search of a new bike was on low and high I searched. Asked in here and read reviews everywhere. But i'm not here to recount the story of how I found it, but instead i'm going to tell you in an objective fashion why this is a good bike.

It runs.

However subjectively I loving love this bike, its lighter, its engine is big enough to feel peppy and it loves to ride at 5k-5.5k RPM in sixth gear. Now that it has a touring windshield I don't feel like I am paragliding, the new seat feels like a seat instead of a loving cinder block, the suspension feels nice and it handles really loving good. Like on my commute the ZRX felt clunky and sometimes even dangerous, gently caress i even dumped it on one of the hairpin turns to work. I feel confident driving it and its a nice drat feeling to have.

Oh and its averaging 50MPG, 20 more than the ZRX. The savings are offset by the fact that I use premium fuel innit. The ABS brakes, EFI and heated grips are a nice cherry on top.

The bad:
The standard windshield (BMW has 3, this model comes with the smallest) and the standard seat are abysmal as gently caress and whoever designed them are loving nazis...

Wait gently caress.

I mean they are loving horrible spergs of engineers who have no notion of human anatomy and just designed something quick in autocad before going back to their model trains.

That's better.

I have a love hate relationship with the acoustics of the bike. It sounds like its trying its damnedest to be a sneaky, sausage eating ninja. While the imga is hilarious it loving sucks when i'm driving in a tunnel, give it a little gas and I dont hear poo poo. On the other hand I gotta go to work at 5AM if I work in the mornings or get back at 7AM if I am working graveyard shift. So the bike being reasonably quiet pays off in not being ashamed of its noise.

Overall if you want a motorcycle to commute, light touring and has a little bit of brains and brawn I would recommend this motorcycle. Just dont take the fourth reich...

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

ElMaligno posted:

Post ur bieks

My first one a 1983 Suzuki GS650GL, good learner bike but made me hate naked bikes.

Second bike a 2000 Kawasaki ZRX 1100 went like WHOA fast and I though this was going to be my BFF (biek friend forever). Then the engine exploded earlier this year.

I already posted my third one, so have the review i posted over at CA.

I'll edit this if I can find some pictures if I can, but my first bike was a little Honda Rebel 250 that was fun and rad but could barely make highway speeds and singlehandedly taught the importance of fuel injection in engines. It was a good friend and I miss it.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Those bikes are cool. How expensive are bikes? They look expensive.

Myurton
Jan 2, 2004

I <3 Asuka,
omg anime fag

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

They are a heck of a lot less expensive then a fast sports car. If you can afford a regular Honda civic people carrier, then you can afford a fast sports bike.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

It depends a lot on the manufacturer and size, but generally starter bikes of 250cc or so go for around 5k USD new, the middle line bikes 500-750cc around 6-9k, and the supersport top of the line 1000+ bikes hit anywhere from 10-15 k, but I've seen some big cruisers go for even more.

Most people will suggest buying used though, because bikes depreciate in value really quickly and you can get a good quality middle line bike for around 3-4k usually, cheaper depending on how much mechanical work you are willing to put in or if you want a smaller bike instead.

Sharkopath fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Apr 9, 2016

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Depending on where you live and what you want a used starter motorcycle can go from 1000 to 3000. We are talking about beat-up 250-650cc 1980s motorcycles to more modern 250-650cc. The Suzuki was about 1300 and the Kawasaki was 3000, I got both in the east coast NH/ME. The BMW was about 8000 which was cheap, but it has 35k miles and was a former rental motorcycle.

I will also forever make fun of anyone who gets a ZX14 as their first bikes because of this manga.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

List of things I like about this show already:

- the black haired girls super cool hair
- the anthropomorphized motorcycle that's wet for dick
- Lime-senpai's shtick
- the blonde hair girl's plug suit
- the manufacturer specific jokes that probably required the animators to blow big cash on securing the license just to clown
- the fact that I feel like whoever wrote this is a legitimate freak for bikes and it's cool to see passion for niche stuff like that that I have no exposure to

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

In Training posted:

List of things I like about this show already:

- the black haired girls super cool hair

it's way better in the manga

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i think the series is sponsored by the bike manufacturers, but im not sure on it

• Locked thread