Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!
YEEESSSSS I loving loved MDK2 even if I never beat the final boss. I can still quote a crap ton of dialogue from it when so inclined. Looking forward to this so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!
Non for non guys, but watching you LP Jet Force Gemini would probably be pretty awesome.

And that room, holy poo poo. That's worth a motion sickness warning for that one.

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!

EponymousMrYar posted:

I was expecting far more BAH DUR BAH DAH, BAH DADA references. Instead we got seal eater.

I am totally okay with this.

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!
I would tell you I'm sorry, Jacob, but you knew what you were getting into.

Looking hugely forward to MDK2. It is by far the superior game in my opinion.

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!
I used "Who's your daddy? Why, yes, I am." for like, five years after playing this game.

Also, I absolutely love the comic book loading screens. They're so awesome.

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!
I was always better at the Kurt stages than playing as Max, but that's because I'm not as good at run and gun.

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!
As everyone's noted so far, it's definitely the platforming that weakens what is otherwise a great little level idea. I would've totally been okay with Doc's stages being nothing but adventure game style puzzle solving with the occasional atomic toast murder along the way.

Also, Atomic Toast is the best weapon idea in the game. gently caress guns, we have radioactive bread missiles.

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!
It's faster to just snipe them from there than jump into the middle and eat a crossfire.

Schwang always kicked my rear end during this fight when I first played this game. If you don't have a sniper shield, this fight is basically a lot of shooting back and forth at a guy who can move around and kill you in not all that many hits while you're pretty seriously stuck in a small area in the middle.

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!
That delivery on the darwin line always cracks me up.

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!

HardDisk posted:

Where do you get booted to in that version? To the start of the level?

Usually back to the beginning of each bomb sequence. You get REAL tired of hearing BFB's voice.

You also end up like me and have the darwinian survival line burned into your mind forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!
IIRC, the boss chamber in the Dreamcast version was actually a little brighter in order to show off that yeah, you're supposed to be landing on the buttons around the area as Schwang flies in front of them because they do stuff that just rips his health bar to shreds. Like, obviously you did it without them since you saved the rockets and rayguns, but a normal player is not supposed to just shoot the poo poo out of him on account of how absurdly high his defense is in this fight. So that might've been contributing to why you hated this level all this time, Jacob. You weren't doing the boss correctly!

• Locked thread